+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone studied from I.G.N.O.U - india

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all,

Anyone studied in IGNOU university. Does CIC recognise this as accredited University or we have to prove it to CIC ?
My wife did her Master from IGNOU and now wondering this..
Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Deepak..

P

pv

IGNOU is an accredited University.

All courses in IGNOU are recognized and affiliated by AICTE.

AICTE is approved by UGC ( under Professional Council)

Navigate to following URLs and you should be able to find info.

http://www.ugc.ac.in/

http://www.aicte.ernet.in/index.asp

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi pv/rajnik1976 ,

Thank you very much for your advice.. I have couple of more questions if you can guide me through..

1) How important is University sealed envelope while sending Transcripts ? I have studied in india and i did not get university envelope though i have all the original transcripts with me.. We are in UK at the moment and its very hard for us to get the University sealed envelopes from india.

2) "Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers" -
I have all the work experience related documents but does this means i have to get latest letter of reference from previous employer. I left my previous employer couple of years back and i know one of them is already closed down but i do have work experience documents from them.
Does this affect my application if i am not suppliing the up to date reference letter ? i can get one from my current employer but not sure of my previous employments.

Many thanks for your help ..

Regards,
Deepak

P

pv

1) How important is University sealed envelope while sending Transcripts ? I have studied in india and i did not get university envelope though i have all the original transcripts with me.. We are in UK at the moment and its very hard for us to get the University sealed envelopes from india. [ my case is also similar I am in USA, I didn't submit university sealed env. I sent them as an notarized copies, hoping it will work ]

2) "Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers" -
I have all the work experience related documents but does this means i have to get latest letter of reference from previous employer. I left my previous employer couple of years back and i know one of them is already closed down but i do have work experience documents from them.
Does this affect my application if i am not suppliing the up to date reference letter ? i can get one from my current employer but not sure of my previous employments. [hard to tell, what CIC wants is that your ref/exp letter should be self explanatory ie. roles and duties should be clearly mentioned most important is for the NOC you are applying. Based on your ref letter CIC will determine if you are eligible for the NOC applied. I had my all exp letters from previous employers but none of them had roles / duties mentioned so I approached them again and got what I wanted, I told them this is required for Canada Immigiration. From current employer I requested them to issue me a employment verification letter along with duties and roles I am performing / performed and also mentioned to them that I need this for Canada Visa ( did not mentioned abt PR) and they issued me.
Any company which is closed, you should mentioned in letter and tell them that why you could not get latest ref letter. ]

Good Luck

mohsinr_786

Feb 19, 2015
Clarification on Indira Gandhi National Open University ( IGNOU )

Hello,

This is to let you know that I have completed my Bachelor of Arts in 2014 through I.G.N.O.U Indira Gandhi National Open University INDIA. Distance Education.

I have not attend college full or part time. I have appeared in exam only.

Please let me know that Distance Education from Indira Gandhi National Open University is valid or not for Canada Express Entry.

Thanks,
Mohsin.

rohitcan

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs Reached 26 May 2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015/TLU - 20 May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
Re: Clarification on Indira Gandhi National Open University ( IGNOU )

mohsinr_786 said:
Hello,

This is to let you know that I have completed my Bachelor of Arts in 2014 through I.G.N.O.U Indira Gandhi National Open University INDIA. Distance Education.

I have not attend college full or part time. I have appeared in exam only.

Please let me know that Distance Education from Indira Gandhi National Open University is valid or not for Canada Express Entry.

Thanks,
Mohsin.

Yes IGNOU is valid for canada immigration

mohsinr_786

Feb 19, 2015
As I have visited 2 consultant in india they suggest me that ignou distance education is not valid for canada immigration. I don't have any other qualification except B.A from ignou.

mohsinr_786

Feb 19, 2015
mohsinr_786 said:
As I have visited 2 consultant in india they suggest me that ignou distance education is not valid for canada immigration. I don't have any other qualification except B.A from ignou.

I have completed my B.A in 2014 at the age of 35. I do have an job experience of 10 years Should I get the complete or full points which is 15 of experience or they will count as 1 year experience as I have completed my graduation in 2014.

Its urgent please reply!!.

Thanks,
Mohsin.

Dec 15, 2017
I studied in one of the college which was affiliated to IGNOU. I have completed my MTECH. IGNOU had a conflict with our college. So they stopped giving us the final degree certificate. I have all semester Marks list and course completion certificate. Kindly, let me know how to proceed.

Ben varghese

Jun 20, 2020
I have completed bcom from IGNOU.....I am wishing to do further studies in Canada....will that Canada immigration accept IGNOU students since it is distant...will I be able to study their

nitin123999

May 12, 2021
I have a valid degree and mark sheets from IGNOU and am wondering how to get an official transcript sent to WES as I am in Canada. Please guide me if anybody did this process from outside India. Thank you.