+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone know what FPAT is? (RQed before test)

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
Plz help. I got my ATIP today. I took my test on March 10th, 2014 in St. Clair. I got my RQ in DEC. 2012. Below is from my ATIP. What are ICES and FPAT?? How long does it take to get FPAT?? Thank you very much in advance for your help. I am so worried now. Anyone has similar experience?? I dont know why it says I was self-employed. I have been working for other companies all the time...I provided them my T4s and company letters.

Notes: 1
Created Date: 2014/03/28/
Created by: ML8298
Updated Date: 2014/03/28
Updated by: ML8298
Type: General
Responsible office: St. Clair
Description: Client issued RQ Client self-employed and spent time studying in the U.S. Unable to verify all travel against passport and ICES report. FPAT required.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Integrated Customs Enforcement System (I.C.E.S.)
Description: This bank describes information on past and potential customs violators. It allows border services officers at all ports to query against a database of selected cases. The database contains subject information (Name, Date of Birth, Address, and Identification) on individuals and businesses. Commodity information, penalty information and conveyance information. This information is provided by the subject through questioning, identification, receipts and invoices. Information may also be retained in Customs Officer's notebooks - Customs form # CE1.

Class of Individuals: Members of the general public.

Purpose: The purpose is to assist border services officers in establishing the risk factor, assessing rates of duties. The information is used by the Agency for the enforcement of the Customs Act.

Consistent Uses: The information is used to identify individuals who have committed/or are suspected of infractions against the Customs Act, Excise Act, the Export Permits Control Act and Agriculture Canada.

Retention and Disposal Standards: Records will be retained for a minimum of six (6) years from the date of the offence; however, the records are not accessible after 6 years but are archived.

RDA Number: 2000/033

Related Record Number: CBSA ENF 137

TBS Registration: 004136

Bank Number: CBSA PPU 016

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
FPAT=File preparation template. It is a form filled by a citizenship officer after review of your file before referring your file to a citizenship judge. It means some concerns have been raised by the officer.

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
mailvdutt said:
FPAT=File preparation template. It is a form filled by a citizenship officer after review of your file before referring your file to a citizenship judge. It means some concerns have been raised by the officer.
Thanks for your quick response. Does it mean I need to meet the citizenship judge?? What is the next step? I am so worried now. I worked in consulting. I did travel to the States a lot....It says FPAT requested??? It means the officer just requested the form? After getting the form, he/she fill it and pass it to the Judge?

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi ml18,
cic sends a correction form when they send ATIP, which says that if any information is wrong you should inform by filling and sending that form back, so if you were not self employed , inform them.

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
moti said:
Hi ml18,
cic sends a correction form when they send ATIP, which says that if any information is wrong you should inform by filling and sending that form back, so if you were not self employed , inform them.
Yes I got that form. I dont know where I can send it, the St. clair office where I sent my RQ documents?? Or Should I just leave as it is?? They would see my T4s and employment letters which prove I work for companies in Canada. I cant believe they make this kind of mistake.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
yes, i think you should send that form back to st.clair so that they know their mistake and should not consider you as self employed and its better if you send T4 again with the form.

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
moti said:
yes, i think you should send that form back to st.clair so that they know their mistake and should not consider you as self employed and its better if you send T4 again with the form.
Thanks....this is so annoying. Cant believe they make this kind of mistakes.... Dont know when i will get my oath letter. i took my test on March 10th. Got RQed before the test.