+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone has experience in reopening a refused case?

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just submitted a CSE to ask for reopening my refused case..

Anyone has same experience? Did it work? How long did it take to get a response?

Is there anything that needs to be concerned?

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
There was this guy.

r_mittal86 said:
Rejection was in March and the reason was my employment letter dint have duties mentioned in ine with the NOC responsibilities.
Have asked him about the details; let's see if he responds. You can also try sending him personal message.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No Man Left Behind said:
There was this guy.

Have asked him about the details; let's see if he responds. You can also try sending him personal message.
Thanks for the help man!

I think he said he reopened existing one from his signature:

FSW Outland
ITA 18 Sep
AOR 14 Oct
Medical passed 20 Oct
Add. doc req/sub 20/21 Oct
BG-not started
App refused 16 Mar 2016
RPRF refund 18 Apr
App reopened 23 Apr
BG check In progress 23 Apr
RPRF req/paid 26 Apr
RFV/PPR 6 Jun

Not sure how he did it though.

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
crbj said:
bellaluna, bestofluck,PiyushAgrawal06121985, M.Mostafa, Innana, nedved13 and No Man Left Behind,

Thank you guys all for your explanation and suggestion. I will try raise CSE and even extend my PNP. I will definitely keep you guys updated. And whoever have any other advice, please let me know.

FYI, My PNP was under CEC.
This applicant was rejected on May 18. He said he would raise CSE but has not been very active on the forum since.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
popoxee said:
I just submitted a CSE to ask for reopening my refused case..

Anyone has same experience? Did it work? How long did it take to get a response?

Is there anything that needs to be concerned?
It all depends on the grounds of rejection. Why was your application rejected?

Reactions: Adanac11

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
It all depends on the grounds of rejection. Why was your application rejected?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inconsistent-noc-duty-comments-in-gcms-notes-t413664.0.html

They said my duties are missing in the reference letter.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Assuming that you have enough CRS points to get another ITA fairly quickly, I would say that it is much easier to create a new profile and try again, as most people seem to unsuccessful in getting a case reopened.

Also, the time it takes to get a new ITA might be shorter than the time it takes to get your case reopened. However, you would have to make sure to mention the previous refusal in your new profile.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
Assuming that you have enough CRS points to get another ITA fairly quickly, I would say that it is much easier to create a new profile and try again, as most people seem to unsuccessful in getting a case reopened.

Also, the time it takes to get a new ITA might be shorter than the time it takes to get your case reopened. However, you would have to make sure to mention the previous refusal in your new profile.
I wish I do. Most CEC people don't have enough points. I had to try because they stopped PNP for the year..

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
popoxee said:
I wish I do. Most CEC people don't have enough points. I had to try because they stopped PNP for the year..
Sure, if you dont have enough points to get a new ITA any time soon, then it is definitely worth a try, as you would just be waiting in the pool anyway.

Wish you the best of luck and hope it works out for you!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
popoxee said:
Hm was I the only one who got rejected?
In the past trend, there have been plenty of people who made new profile and submitted new application after new ITA and their files were processed at much faster one than usual. Recommended to make new profile. There is no definite time to when IRCC might reopen your file if you request.

Reactions: Adanac11 and sao_18

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
popoxee said:
Hm was I the only one who got rejected?
I was refused with similar reason (not matching duties) back in 2013. I sent multiple letters to CIC and didn't get any response. As far as I know CIC would reconsider the decision only if some clear mistake is made on their side (such as VO did not count work experience correctly). Unfortunately this is not the case with "not matching duties" rejections. I don't want to discourage you but the chances for reopening are slim. If you think that you has been wrongly rejected you may appeal in Federal Court for reconsideration which would be lengthily process with no promise to success.

Reactions: sao_18

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
Would that be possible for you to share the duties you have used in your employment letter? I would like to see how picky CIC is about it.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
tatianatiana said:
Would that be possible for you to share the duties you have used in your employment letter? I would like to see how picky CIC is about it.
I was a postdoc with UofT. Although as postdoc I did some teaching and mentoring "jobs", my reference letter mentioned only my research project. The application was refused with statement that my reference letter matches only 1 duty out of 9 duties for NOC 4011 and therefore not meeting significant number of duties in the NOC. The funny part is that I know few postdocs with similar ref. letter (only research project mentioned) who got PR without any issues.

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
pfse said:
I was a postdoc with UofT. Although as postdoc I did some teaching and mentoring "jobs", my reference letter mentioned only my research project. The application was refused with statement that my reference letter matches only 1 duty out of 9 duties for NOC 4011 and therefore not meeting significant number of duties in the NOC. The funny part is that I know few postdocs with similar ref. letter (only research project mentioned) who got PR without any issues.
wow that's so sucky. What did you do then?