+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone had this letter before?

Spaghetti

Aug 20, 2013
Dear XXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. On June 21, 2013, you were asked to produce the following documents to enable us to continue the processing of your application:

Ø bunchofnumbers - Joshxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Ø > Funds, proof: Proof of funds [bank statement] This must be received at this office by: 09/21/2013
Ø > SPR's residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: employment letter, pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Drivers licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient This must be received at this office by: 09/21/2013

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

We are unable to continue the processing of your application without these documents. All information must be received in one package along with this letter within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please submit all requested information immediately. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application may be assessed on the basis of the information that we have and I may refuse your application.

If I refuse your application, you will be able to reapply, but you will also be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. Any new application would be assessed according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is filed.

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

We look forward to hearing from you within thirty (30) days.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa - AB00222

Spaghetti

Aug 20, 2013
I never got the first e-mail! double checked!

Does "SPR's residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: employment letter, pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history" mean I need to send in an original t4? Or photocopies? I'm not sure what to send.

Will they notify me when they recieve this stuff? I don't want to miss this! 30 days is a scary deadline

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Spaghetti said:

Does "SPR's residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: employment letter, pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history" mean I need to send in an original t4? Or photocopies? I'm not sure what to send.

Will they notify me when they recieve this stuff? I don't want to miss this! 30 days is a scary deadline
They usually do NOT notify you that they received anything. But you can e-mail them in a few days and ask them if they got it and if you have a nice case officer (like my wife's), they will usually respond if they did or not.

All the info they requested sounds like stuff you can send copies of. If they want originals, they usually will explicitly ask for it. Hence I would scan it all and send it to them by e-mail. Then I would ask them a few days later for confirmation they got it.

It is common to say "application received" even though they are clearly working on it. My wife had "application received" for almost the whole process. Only all the way at the end, long after COPR was mailed out, did it change to "Decision Made" and literally the next day later COPR arrived in her mailbox in the US.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Spaghetti said:

It would also be good if you use a mailing method where you can track it; at least you will know that it was received by the office.

Spaghetti

Aug 20, 2013
yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and e-mail it, and then mail it over as well with a tracking number. Can't be too careful!