+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got lmia approved job via jobbank? Ever?

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hello everyone,

With ITAs out of reach for people below 450 (I'm on 424) and PNP practically limited to few NOC (mine is 0601 corporate sales manager), I was wondering if applying to several jobs on jobbank will be able to give me required 600 points? Has anyone got lucky to get a NEW lmia approved job being outside applicant?

If yes then please provide noc. Thanks.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
Never heard of anyone who got a LMIA through jobbank. Although possible, it is more likely to happen to people with a very specific job/specialization. As you are pretty close from 450, have you tried bumping up your english/french proficiency test notes? Maybe that's a better strategy than relying on a LMIA...

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Job Bank is a failure and flop show. It is not even designed well. I get job offers which has no relation to my NOC and I have applied to more than 200 firms and no reply.

The biggest change new government should make is in the job bank. wastage of time frankly

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Job Bank is a failure and flop show. It is not even designed well. I get job offers which has no relation to my NOC and I have applied to more than 200 firms and no reply.

The biggest change new government should make is in the job bank. wastage of time frankly
I've also applied to numerous ads and got no response.

But I managed to fix the problem of unrelated adds that I was receiving. They actually did some changes and now if you go to you full profile you can select "restricted match" or something like that and than it really narrows down the ads that you receive. There are still some that are not useful, but much less than before. Try that. It might help you too.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
helena21 said:
I've also applied to numerous ads and got no response.

But I managed to fix the problem of unrelated adds that I was receiving. They actually did some changes and now if you go to you full profile you can select "restricted match" or something like that and than it really narrows down the ads that you receive. There are still some that are not useful, but much less than before. Try that. It might help you too.
ya I also managed and applied to all 200 plus. they don't even respond except some who send automated mails. They have poor system. I dont think any employer wants someone who is not in Canada. And no Employers pick up anyone from the job bank. anyway lets see.

I have 438 and waiting . No Pt from ontario or any reply from province too.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
bestofluck said:
ya I also managed and applied to all 200 plus. they don't even respond except some who send automated mails. They have poor system. I dont think any employer wants someone who is not in Canada. And no Employers pick up anyone from the job bank. anyway lets see.

I have 438 and waiting . No Pt from ontario or any reply from province too.
Employer doesn't respond for submitted resume is not somting uncommon in Canada these days. This is even not related if you in Canada or not. Being on open work permit (and PR later) I applied for hundreds of job and I can count on my fingers number of replies I got. And I know many ppl like me.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
pfse said:
Employer doesn't respond for submitted resume is not sumting uncommon in Canada these days. This is even not related if you in Canada or not. Being on open work permit (and PR later) I applied for hundreds of job and I can count on my fingers number of replies I got. And I know many ppl like me.
that's even worse. lets hope things change with new govt. In fact the whole express entry is losing the main purpose. what is express? its going slower than before and uncontrolled undersigned manner. Do they really want to give PR ? many of us will waste a one full year now. thats ridiculous. Neither they have a pattern of Draw nor any fixed number of intake.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
bestofluck said:
that's even worse. lets hope things change with new govt. In fact the whole express entry is losing the main purpose. what is express? its going slower than before and uncontrolled undersigned manner. Do they really want to give PR ? many of us will waste a one full year now. thats ridiculous. Neither they have a pattern of Draw nor any fixed number of intake.
I think it's not government fault. This is how it works in Canada. Many employers usually prefer to recruit someone by reference (from friends, colleagues, etc). Many companies have internal job postings. I have worked with ppl who doesn't qualify at all for their positions and the only reason they have a job is that they applied through internal job postings. It is possible that the only reason you see specific job posting in job Bank is that employer must advertise the position before hiring (in some cases).

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
pfse said:
I think it's not government fault. This is how it works in Canada. Many employers usually prefer to recruit someone by reference (from friends, colleagues, etc). Many companies have internal job postings. I have worked with ppl who doesn't qualify at all for their positions and the only reason they have a job is that they applied through internal job postings. It is possible that the only reason you see specific job posting in job Bank is that employer must advertise the position before hiring (in some cases).
ok i understand. i have no hopes getting a job through job bank. if at all crs scores drop to invite its okay.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
jorgecmb said:
Never heard of anyone who got a LMIA through jobbank. Although possible, it is more likely to happen to people with a very specific job/specialization. As you are pretty close from 450, have you tried bumping up your english/french proficiency test notes? Maybe that's a better strategy than relying on a LMIA...
My ielts is L8.5, S8, R7.5, W7. Almost maxed out. Clb9 in each. 2or more degrees, more than 7 years of experience in noc 0601 corporate sales manager, age 35 (36after Christmas) . Age is the reason why I have less points. Not sure if can get better scores (even best possible scores will get me another 6 points.)

Thanks for your reply. All the best for your application.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
I agree to all above, If none (almost) got job offers then why to continue with something that is not productive? Canada is better than that. I guess number of applications are overwhelming for them to work on efficiently. My 1st reaction to express entry was that things will be transparent than before. Now I feel it's just a tool to attract applications and then applicants still go thru months of uncertainty.

At 429(424 soon), even if I get pt from ontario today, 5-6 months for 600 points and another 5-6 months for actual PR. Where is express entry concept in this?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagar1279 said:
Where is express entry concept in this?
the express part is that its taking far less than the years of waiting applicants on old routes were stuck with. 6 months from AOR is a dream compared to the 2+ years other people are dealing with.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
purplesnow said:
the express part is that its taking far less than the years of waiting applicants on old routes were stuck with. 6 months from AOR is a dream compared to the 2+ years other people are dealing with.
Agreed!! This is indeed helpful for people having crs score above 450. For hundreds like me who are below 450 (429 mine) it's still another guessing game. I just wish PNP criteria and the corresponding quotas were well defined and communicated by respective provinces to have complete clarity for applicants like me.