+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got experience with restoration extension trv" PP2.RESTOREWORK2020? Restoring status as worker and apply for a closed permit.

Ravi2022

Jul 19, 2022
I am facing the same situation and had a word to IRCC officer so many time and got same answer that, there is no option to work while restore work permit in process. We have to wait. If you got something please let me know. Thank you.

Fipsy

Aug 4, 2022
I am in the same situation. I submitted an application for a work permit and restoration of status on May 19th, 2022. I have stopped working since April and yet I have not heard anything from IRCC. My advice is to keep waiting until a decision is made on the restoration of status. You don't want to sabotage your application by working, which is against Canadian immigration rules. It is an unfortunate situation, which causes financial, emotional, and mental (if you are not careful) stress but then WE HAVE TO WAIT!!! Hopefully, we will all get a response soon. Ciao!!!

Ravi2022

Jul 19, 2022
We have to wait for 6 months. How we could service without work. How do we pay for our rents, food and other stuff. Hell!

Fipsy

Aug 4, 2022
We have to wait for 6 months. How we could service without work. How do we pay for our rents, food and other stuff. Hell!
Yes, it is really hell. I hope that one day the policy will change. The waiting period is really one of the hardest things to do. I am going through this right now and the annoying thing is that I couldn't submit my work permit application because someone delayed in signing my job offer because of this working from home thing (Pandemic issue nonsense). It was only delayed for one day and I am suffering for more than three months and still counting. Rent, food, and other stuff have been very difficult. As we all know that Canada's standard of living is high. Now imagine not working or getting any salary.
However, this is the price we are paying and unfortunately, it is a costly one. Stay blessed dude. there is light at the end of darkness.

Ravi2022

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, it is really hell. I hope that one day the policy will change. The waiting period is really one of the hardest things to do. I am going through this right now and the annoying thing is that I couldn't submit my work permit application because someone delayed in signing my job offer because of this working from home thing (Pandemic issue nonsense). It was only delayed for one day and I am suffering for more than three months and still counting. Rent, food, and other stuff have been very difficult. As we all know that Canada's standard of living is high. Now imagine not working or getting any salary.
However, this is the price we are paying and unfortunately, it is a costly one. Stay blessed dude. there is light at the end of darkness.
Please let me know once you get your work permit. Thank you and good luck.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hey, I know there is a form where we can check the status of the work permit, do you know where I can find it?

racadm

Feb 20, 2022
Hi all, just to let you know I still haven’t gotten any response from the web form (been 2 months). But thankfully I was eligible for the PGWP special measures and was able to start work last month. I hope you looked into that in case you’re also eligible.