Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Just a new group to catchup/track progress from everyone applying for CEC from QC/Montreal.
I have applied in March & got my AOR. Please share ur timeline, progress & experience as well....

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
I applied in Feb and got my AOR last March. Me and my spouse also applied for BOWP last May and got it approved after 12 days. I attached an explanation letter when I filed my application for CEC and I indicated there that my family will move out of Montreal as soon as the school year is over. So now, we already found a place in Ontario and we will be leaving soon.

kumarv

May 22, 2014
Applied 10-April and received AOR in last week of April. I'm on a closed work permit valid for another 2 years, so can't apply for BOWP and move out of Quebec. Anyone received intention concern from CIC recently?

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hey Kumarv,
No not me...Did CIC get back to you with intention concern? As far as i know CIC asks for some kind of proof after they start processing ur appln. May arnd that time, you might have to show proofs to show you are moving to Ontario/other provinces. that includes a job offer or the jobs you applied or any lease you signed to show you are moving out of QC.

Other best option is to get a letter that your employer will relocate to another province where they have an office.I consulted a lawyer who told all the above options and said employer letter is the best & almost no risk option.

kumarv said:
Applied 10-April and received AOR in last week of April. I'm on a closed work permit valid for another 2 years, so can't apply for BOWP and move out of Quebec. Anyone received intention concern from CIC recently?

kumarv

May 22, 2014
Hey gopr,
Thanks for responding.. Not yet.. You are right, that they ask evidence when they start processing the app.. Getting a job offer is not easy without Open WP or PR, as most employer do not wish to go for the lengthy process of LMO and Work Permit. Yes, jobs that i applied is something easy to show (not sure how much they would accept it as evidence). Also, i'm personally not convinced about signing a lease in a province which i am not legally entitle to stay or work as of today.. Unfortunately, my employer has no presence outside quebec, so getting a letter for relocation is out of option..

The only option i think of is to resign from my current job, when they ask for evidence and show it them. It's a very high risk option, as it makes jobless for few months. Moreover if they still reject for any reason, it's a big problem that we loose everything. Did you included anything with your application to show your intention?

gopr said:
Hey Kumarv,
No not me...Did CIC get back to you with intention concern? As far as i know CIC asks for some kind of proof after they start processing ur appln. May arnd that time, you might have to show proofs to show you are moving to Ontario/other provinces. that includes a job offer or the jobs you applied or any lease you signed to show you are moving out of QC.

Other best option is to get a letter that your employer will relocate to another province where they have an office.I consulted a lawyer who told all the above options and said employer letter is the best & almost no risk option.

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ Luckily in my case, my work can be done remotely so my employer here in Quebec agreed for me to work from home and travel to Quebec if necessary. I enclosed a letter on my application stating my intention of moving out of Quebec. Since I made a declaration, I should be true to that and I don't want to have to be in that situation where I will be receiving the letter from the immigration giving me 60 days to move out of Quebec.

We know the terms of CEC when we applied so we should be ready to comply or risk disapproval of our application.

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,

We are currently in Montreal and are planning to apply for CEC .. Has anyone already applied from montreal and received PR? If so what are the documents we need to submit as a proof for "intend to live outside Quebec"??

Appreciate inputs from senior members and experienced people!!

Thanks ,
Murugan

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
montrealmurugan said:
Hi,

We are currently in Montreal and are planning to apply for CEC .. Has anyone already applied from montreal and received PR? If so what are the documents we need to submit as a proof for "intend to live outside Quebec"??

Appreciate inputs from senior members and experienced people!!

Thanks ,
Murugan
Job offer or Transfer letter to Outside Quebec, new rental agreement(they will ask towards the final phase of the process and you will get 60 days to respond in the mean time you can find an apartment and do the paper work and show that). Bank balance and mention that didnt buy any property in Quebec due to intention of move out of Quebec.
while you do the landing in any port of entry in Canada(even if its outside quebec) the Immigration officer will ask for a proof of living(out side quebec) and required a address outside quebec to send the PR Card.
If planning to go back quebec after landing, then wont be able to Apply for RAMQ( CSQ/CAQ is required along with the PR docs). also if plan to renew the RAMQ with the BOWP then also CSQ/CAQ is mandatory.

mayur.337

Apr 10, 2014
Hi
I applied under cec april 9th and received AOR end of the month. Then few weeks later received request for RCMP of my wife.

I read all posts and all reasons mentioned are accurate. We will somehow have to prove that upon Approval we will leave quebec. I have strong connections with toronto si will show that and also for accommodation lease is not a problem. But my current tfw permit for quebec based employer is valid till sept 2015. So if my pr is approved before that can I stay till sept 2015 in quebec?

Thats only major question I have. I am prepared for acceptance or refusal both. Dont care really. Its just stressful to think about it.

Cheerss

aditya7

Jul 23, 2014
Submitted : March 15 2014
AOR recieved : 3 April 2014.
OFFICE: sydney , NS

Currently in Montreal on a WP, Expires Dec 2014. I have provided them with a Letter of intent stating why i intend to live outside Quebec, Plus a Formal Letter from my Employer who is willing to facilitate my Move to Toronto to be based out of our Head office there.
Request help on

1) When could i expect Medical ?
2) When is it suggested to apply for BOWP ? ( i under stand i can apply 4 months before)
3)What other proof will CIC require that i intend to live outside quebec ( right now I am on a closed WP, and Cannot legally work Elsewhere, So need PR or BOWP to move outside Montreal).
4) I currently Am working at a client site, would it be ok If i continue to support this work after i move to toronto with BOWP or PR if approved ?. in short would it be a legal isue if i move to Quebec temporarily to support this client ?
5)CIC website says average PR processing for CEC is 13 months ? Any further inputs ?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi jeeks2012,

excuse me to say that i disagree with you.
once you are a permanent resident you can live anywhere in canada including quebec,doesn't matter under which category you became pr so yes a person who is pr under CEC can live in quebec.
the only thing is that before you become a pr you should intend not to live in quebec before landing and if already leaving there you should intend to move out of quebec once getting a visa but after landing you can freely live in quebec without issues.
as a pr living in quebec you can apply for your driver license and RAMQ and you don't need a CSQ because you are already a pr and they understand that you don't have one because you didn't immigrate to quebec's programs.
i know of people who moved to quebec from other provinces and all of them became pr through federal programs,no issue they even applied and got their citizenship while in quebec.
i also know of people who moved from quebec to other provinces without issues,applied and got their citizenship while not living in quebec.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hello Aditya,

I am also a March 2014 applicant from Montreal and WP expiring on Aug 2015. I did my app through a lawyer and I can answer some of ur questions based on what she informed to do.

We can track each other's progress through this forum when things start moving. As per current timeline, March 2014 app will be processed in Sep I believe so we should be expecting things to move in Sep/oct 2014. Good Luck.

aditya7 said:
Submitted : March 15 2014
AOR recieved : 3 April 2014.
OFFICE: sydney , NS

Currently in Montreal on a WP, Expires Dec 2014. I have provided them with a Letter of intent stating why i intend to live outside Quebec, Plus a Formal Letter from my Employer who is willing to facilitate my Move to Toronto to be based out of our Head office there.
Request help on

1) When could i expect Medical ?Around Sep, as Dec 2013/Jan 2014 are in progress now. Check Mar 2014 applicants link to keep a track
2) When is it suggested to apply for BOWP ? ( i under stand i can apply 4 months before) - 4 months before i.e. from Sep 2014. If I were you I will apply in Oct 1st week just in case after meds in sep the processing is delayed even after MR.[/color]
3)What other proof will CIC require that i intend to live outside quebec ( right now I am on a closed WP, and Cannot legally work Elsewhere, So need PR or BOWP to move outside Montreal). Employer letter is good but may be VO will ask you to show a lease copy from ON or other province where you want to move. Or may be you need to show during Landing. The Lawyer told me the employer letter is the most imp thing in our case.
4) I currently Am working at a client site, would it be ok If i continue to support this work after i move to toronto with BOWP or PR if approved ?. in short would it be a legal isue if i move to Quebec temporarily to support this client ? Yes,I guess you can go to work in client site, being a ON resident but you cannot reside in quebec.Also the provincial health care card has a 153 days residency criteria to be eligible for Ontario care card, which you might have to check
5)CIC website says average PR processing for CEC is 13 months ? Any further inputs ?You may land in 7 months as well, we never know. CIC always says each application is different and 13 months is just average. If nothing happens in 13 months the local MP can help to find what is going on, if you dont find any anwers. Good Luck!

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
canadavisa13 said:
Hi jeeks2012,

excuse me to say that i disagree with you.
once you are a permanent resident you can live anywhere in canada including quebec,doesn't matter under which category you became pr so yes a person who is pr under CEC can live in quebec.
the only thing is that before you become a pr you should intend not to live in quebec before landing and if already leaving there you should intend to move out of quebec once getting a visa but after landing you can freely live in quebec without issues.
as a pr living in quebec you can apply for your driver license and RAMQ and you don't need a CSQ because you are already a pr and they understand that you don't have one because you didn't immigrate to quebec's programs.
i know of people who moved to quebec from other provinces and all of them became pr through federal programs,no issue they even applied and got their citizenship while in quebec.
i also know of people who moved from quebec to other provinces without issues,applied and got their citizenship while not living in quebec.
Hello there..

In my post I did not mention that a person who got PR via CEC program(other than Quebec Immigration) cannot work in Quebec.. Please read carefully

I said, if someone have PR card and he/she don't have CSQ then they wont be able to Apply for RAMQ card. its not something I made-up(you can find same information in the RAMQ eligibility web-site). I am 100% sure on this, CSQ along with PR card is mandatory for RAMQ. they knows that many people abused the system before and they want to close that loophole.

I applied CEC from Montreal on June-2013 and did landing in Prescott on last May 25th, what ever I mentioned are from my own personnel experience. Before finalizing my Application(RRPF/Medical, its not the the final stage I meant almost the last hurdle) CIC asked me to prove that I will move out of Quebec(should respond in 60 days), I submitted a letter from my manager stating that I will be moving out of Quebec as of April 1st and they send PPR only after I updated my new address(I was also submitted one relocation letter from employer along with the initial Application, but I think now they are asking more proof to be sure people have real intention to move out of Quebec).

if someone have PR without CSQ and he/she would like to work in Quebec.. the right Process is Apply for CSQ(yes, after PR card also you can and have to) mentioning that got a job in Quebec and they will get you the CSQ and you can proceed with RAMQ.

My friend, why do you think immigration department making the rules more and more strict.. its because people are abusing the system. So, you cannot say that you know somebody who abused the system in the past and advice others also follow the same.

There was a news in cbc about business immigrants from Honkong(sorry to use a specific country name) come to Quebec and they leave to Vancouver or West after the landing and it is a burden for the other state, because Quebec gets all the money from Federal related to new immigrant and big fee and benefits associated to business immigration process. but the province where the new immigrant living have to pay for their medical and other benefits. So dont think that only few people know about this and the Immigration department is not going to fix these loopholes.

Quebec have separate immigration process because they have to protect french. Their aim is that people who cannot manage french, please stay out from Quebec. When I came to Quebec initially, to Apply for CSQ they were not asking for french language certificate but they introduced it as mandatory from December 2011(if you are using points for the Knowledge of french language) due to many people abused the system. Again level 1 french certification was enough to get through Quebec Immigration and I know many people came through that process and moved out of Quebec, because they cannot survive with the knowledge of level 1 French.
Quebec Immigration again changed the rules on August 2013 and made knowledge of level 4 French is required, if you are using points for the knowledge of French language. This saga will go on and people will try to find loophole and Immigration department will try to fix them

kumarv

May 22, 2014
jeeks2012 said:
Hello there..

In my post I did not mention that a person who got PR via CEC program(other than Quebec Immigration) cannot work in Quebec.. Please read carefully

I said, if someone have PR card and he/she don't have CSQ then they wont be able to Apply for RAMQ card. its not something I made-up(you can find same information in the RAMQ eligibility web-site). I am 100% sure on this, CSQ along with PR card is mandatory for RAMQ. they knows that many people abused the system before and they want to close that loophole.

I applied CEC from Montreal on June-2013 and did landing in Prescott on last May 25th, what ever I mentioned are from my own personnel experience. Before finalizing my Application(RRPF/Medical, its not the the final stage I meant almost the last hurdle) CIC asked me to prove that I will move out of Quebec(should respond in 60 days), I submitted a letter from my manager stating that I will be moving out of Quebec as of April 1st and they send PPR only after I updated my new address(I was also submitted one relocation letter from employer along with the initial Application, but I think now they are asking more proof to be sure people have real intention to move out of Quebec).

if someone have PR without CSQ and he/she would like to work in Quebec.. the right Process is Apply for CSQ(yes, after PR card also you can and have to) mentioning that got a job in Quebec and they will get you the CSQ and you can proceed with RAMQ.

My friend, why do you think immigration department making the rules more and more strict.. its because people are abusing the system. So, you cannot say that you know somebody who abused the system in the past and advice others also follow the same.

There was a news in cbc about business immigrants from Honkong(sorry to use a specific country name) come to Quebec and they leave to Vancouver or West after the landing and it is a burden for the other state, because Quebec gets all the money from Federal related to new immigrant and big fee and benefits associated to business immigration process. but the province where the new immigrant living have to pay for their medical and other benefits. So dont think that only few people know about this and the Immigration department is not going to fix these loopholes.

Quebec have separate immigration process because they have to protect french. Their aim is that people who cannot manage french, please stay out from Quebec. When I came to Quebec initially, to Apply for CSQ they were not asking for french language certificate they introduced it as mandatory(if you are using points for the Knowledge of french language) from December 2011 because many people abused the system. Again level 1 french certification was enough to get through Quebec Immigration and I know many people came through that process and moved out of Quebec, because they cannot survive with the knowledge of level 1 French.
Quebec Immigration again changed the rules on August 2013 and made knowledge of level 4 French is required, if you are using points for the knowledge of French language. This saga will go on and people will try to find loophole and Immigration department will try to fix them
Hi jeeks2012,

I'm in the same situation that you've already faced, so i believe your experience could help many of us... I've applied in April and i am working in Montreal. You mentioned that you submitted a letter from your manager that you will be moving as of April 1 and only when you moved, CIC sent you the PPR request. How did you managed to move before getting the PR? Did you had an Open work permit ?

Bcoz in my case, i've a closed work permit with my quebec employer, so i can't work outside quebec and move unless i get PR or open work permit..

aditya7

Jul 23, 2014
Hello: First of All thanks for responses.
1) I have a closed WP, so no one is able to give me a job in other province ( employers ask me to have a PR). I guess right now, I cannot legally get a rental agreement as well). Hopefully the letters from various employers (stating they can offer me job after PR) , plus Letter from my current employer ( stating he will look to move me to ontario after PR) are valid to state intent.

2) I have a confusion about this PR situation. Way i understand, Its a free country and you can move to any where work anywhere after you get a PR ( does not really matter what category , unless its PNP). Correct ? So hypothetically if i stay n Ontario say for a year ( or even a month) and move back to quebec i should be fine correct ?

3) As for RAMQ, is it true that i can apply for it after i come back to quebec and stay for 3 months ? ( i currently have RAMQ card valid till end of year) . Am i correct ? if not please answer. Not finding specific details in site...

I called RAMQ, they told once you come back, with your PR, then call them and they can work on it.

As for SIN, t told they will update it with a COPR ( even card is not needed). So i guess i am good there