+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone experienced Misrep like this?

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Did you get an update to your PFL?

In my case, I went ahead with the JR, initially the immigration side wanted to fight it,. Then a judge granted me leave and the immigration side offered an out of court settlement where the decision would be set aside and sent back to another officer and I'll be given a chance to submit additional info.

I withdrew the court case on April 14th and am now waiting for my application to be updated and previous decision quashed.
We got five year ban even our supporting document has not been reviewed yet because of our silly mistake. We uploaded our supporting document but we did not know that we had to get it signed in order to submit it to IRCC, We realized the mistake that our supporting docs did not reach to IRCC when we got final result. We have made an enquiry to ask IRCC to reconsider our supporting document. After a month, our reconsideration request was received by the officer and they will check and contact us if any.

We are really tired and stressed, hope for the best to all.

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
We got five year ban even our supporting document has not been reviewed yet because of our silly mistake. We uploaded our supporting document but we did not know that we had to get it signed in order to submit it to IRCC, We realized the mistake that our supporting docs did not reach to IRCC when we got final result. We have made an enquiry to ask IRCC to reconsider our supporting document. After a month, our reconsideration request was received by the officer and they will check and contact us if any.

We are really tired and stressed, hope for the best to all.
I would advise you to still go ahead and file a JR just in case.

There is a time limit in which you need to file JR so do it just in case the reconsideration does not work, otherwise you may be stuck without options.

If my case was settled then you have an even better chance of winning since your withdrawal request actually went through.

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
I would advise you to still go ahead and file a JR just in case.

There is a time limit in which you need to file JR so do it just in case the reconsideration does not work, otherwise you may be stuck without options.

If my case was settled then you have an even better chance of winning since your withdrawal request actually went through.
We are planning for judicial review if we get negative result this time. Good luck to your case, will keep you posted about our results.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Did you get an update to your PFL?

In my case, I went ahead with the JR, initially the immigration side wanted to fight it,. Then a judge granted me leave and the immigration side offered an out of court settlement where the decision would be set aside and sent back to another officer and I'll be given a chance to submit additional info.

I withdrew the court case on April 14th and am now waiting for my application to be updated and previous decision quashed.
That's good news. You did the right thing by taking a lawyer on board. Settlement can happen at any stage, as you know now.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
We are planning for judicial review if we get negative result this time. Good luck to your case, will keep you posted about our results.
Take the advice of @pepega seriously, you have 60 days to file for a JR. The response you got from IRCC on the reconsideration request is a standard response and doesn't mean anything, they won't do anything and you will waste your time with a 5-year ban.

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
Just let you know that the officer have reconsidered our application and removed our ban. Our status now changed from refused to withdrawn. Hope you get positive result too.

Reactions: wakongah

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
Good to hear.

I am still waiting for them to reopen my file.
How long did it take them to respond to you reconsideration request?
And was this request sent through the webform?

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
Good to hear.

I am still waiting for them to reopen my file.
How long did it take them to respond to you reconsideration request?
And was this request sent through the webform?
Here is the timeline for your info.
28 Feb 2022: IRCC sent PFL
10 Mar 2022: We uploaded explanation letter but have not submitted it yet as we assumed that document uploaded was enough.
1 Apr 2022: IRCC gave us a ban
1 Apr 2022 and 25 May 2022: Sent webforms informed IRCC that we did uploaded document but did not know we had to e-sign in order submit doc., asked them for reconsideration.
28 May 2022: received email mentioned that our reconsideration request was received by the responsible officer.
7 Jul 2022: we sent another webform to ask for the status of our reconsideration request.
2 Aug 2022: received email mentioned that our reconsideration request was forwarded to the responsible officer.
30 Aug 2022: there is an updates on our account and the status changed from "refused" to "withdrawn"

5 months waiting since the day we received the ban. I really hope you will get positive result soon. I knew how painful it was to wait for the result. Good luck to you.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Here is the timeline for your info.
28 Feb 2022: IRCC sent PFL
10 Mar 2022: We uploaded explanation letter but have not submitted it yet as we assumed that document uploaded was enough.
1 Apr 2022: IRCC gave us a ban
1 Apr 2022 and 25 May 2022: Sent webforms informed IRCC that we did uploaded document but did not know we had to e-sign in order submit doc., asked them for reconsideration.
28 May 2022: received email mentioned that our reconsideration request was received by the responsible officer.
7 Jul 2022: we sent another webform to ask for the status of our reconsideration request.
2 Aug 2022: received email mentioned that our reconsideration request was forwarded to the responsible officer.
30 Aug 2022: there is an updates on our account and the status changed from "refused" to "withdrawn"

5 months waiting since the day we received the ban. I really hope you will get positive result soon. I knew how painful it was to wait for the result. Good luck to you.
You took a big risk and waited for them to decide. Challenging their decision in the federal court has a desdline. This could easily have gone south. But all is well if the end is well. How do you know that the ban is removed? They mentioned it?

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
You took a big risk and waited for them to decide. Challenging their decision in the federal court has a desdline. This could easily have gone south. But all is well if the end is well. How do you know that the ban is removed? They mentioned it?
This is the info from IRCC message. Do you think it is a removal or else and our application status changed from "refused" to "withdrawn".

This refers to your application for temporary resident visa in Canada.

As per your request, your application is now withdrawn. Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place. If you wish to submit a new application, you will have to resubmit all required documents and pay new processing fees.

As processing had already started on your file before we receive your withdrawal request, you are not eligible for a refund of the processing fees.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
This is the info from IRCC message. Do you think it is a removal or else and our application status changed from "refused" to "withdrawn".

This refers to your application for temporary resident visa in Canada.

As per your request, your application is now withdrawn. Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place. If you wish to submit a new application, you will have to resubmit all required documents and pay new processing fees.

As processing had already started on your file before we receive your withdrawal request, you are not eligible for a refund of the processing fees.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Order GCMS notes to know, that this has happened to people who were banned but they were not informed. This letter doesn't clarify your admissibility status. You can also ask them if ban was removed but do order GCMS notes.

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
Order GCMS notes to know, that this has happened to people who were banned but they were not informed. This letter doesn't clarify your admissibility status. You can also ask them if ban was removed but do order GCMS notes.
I will do so. Thank you.