+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone experienced Misrep like this?

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
So you canceled your plan for Canada? If you did why are you spending so much on judicial review not being mean just curious?
Because I don't want a negative event on my immigration history. I travel a lot and right now work for an American company and eventually will need to make a few trips to the US and a 5 year ban Canada will reduce my chances of getting Visas etc. Also a few thousand dollars is totally worth it especially when I know there is a chance.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Because I don't want a negative event on my immigration history. I travel a lot and right now work for an American company and eventually will need to make a few trips to the US and a 5 year ban Canada will reduce my chances of getting Visas etc. Also a few thousand dollars is totally worth it especially when I know there is a chance.
Yes you are right it does cause a negative as Canada mostly share immigration from 5 most important countries. Btw if you win a judicial review and they overturn your ban will you study here?

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
Yes you are right it does cause a negative as Canada mostly share immigration from 5 most important countries. Btw if you win a judicial review and they overturn your ban will you study here?
Not in the near future.
I realized I can learn more from online sources and just working with good companies than from a degree. Also Canada isn't that great when you look at housing prices and stagnant wages and the current high inflation. I mainly wanted to go because I like the outdoors and a country with low population density appealed to me.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Not in the near future.
I realized I can learn more from online sources and just working with good companies than from a degree. Also Canada isn't that great when you look at housing prices and stagnant wages and the current high inflation. I mainly wanted to go because I like the outdoors and a country with low population density appealed to me.
Yes. But mostly student come for PR then go back to their home country. Like my cousins lol. But still do come here weather is beautiful you will love it here. Hopefully you win the judicial review which I am certain you will.

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
Yes. But mostly student come for PR then go back to their home country. Like my cousins lol. But still do come here weather is beautiful you will love it here. Hopefully you win the judicial review which I am certain you will.

Yes, I have a lot of Canadian born family that I want to visit frequently, even on my previous trips to Canada I've gone around the country a good amount.
I will be visiting frequently for sure when this gets resolved.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Yes, I have a lot of Canadian born family that I want to visit frequently, even on my previous trips to Canada I've gone around the country a good amount.
I will be visiting frequently for sure when this gets resolved.
Yes let’s hope so. BTW how much did lawyer charge you and how many days did it take for the notes to come?

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
Yes let’s hope so. BTW how much did lawyer charge you and how many days did it take for the notes to come?

Lawyer charges are in different stages.

It's 2K for case filing
Then 2K for applicant's record and then 4K if it goes to hearing.

Took over a month to get the Reasons/Notes Document

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022

It's 2K for case filing

Damn that’s a lot lol. And your housing price is kinda true My family bought a house here in Calgary for 650 K it’s pretty big but the same house in Vancouver was 1.6 M so it all depends on which province you take.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022

It's 2K for case filing

Also with the misprentation did you current visit visa get canceled?

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
"...In late November I received a messaging saying I was inadmissible for 5 years and my application was refused....?
Sorry about your situation. All the best
I just want to please ask you this question.
If refused for my situation, I want to know to prepare myself

When you received above message, saying you were inadmissible for 5 years, and your application was refused,
1.Did they send you a document to present to immigration at the airport upon leaving Canada? Email or HARD copy?
2.Did it say you have to leave in 30days?
3.Did they say to hand in your passport, and they will give it back when you show up to leave Canada?
Thanks in advance

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
My husband got the same situation as yours. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/procedural-fairness-case.760401/#post-9991751

However, we submitted the webform and did got the response from IRCC and then we also thought that we are now allowed to withdraw GIC, and finally we got PFL. We have submitted our explanation to IRCC as below and waiting for their response.. we are so nervous right now.

just let me know the status of your case. in the worse case, we may bring our case to judicial review like yours

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
Thanks for your inputs.

1. That's what I think too, In hindsight I should have sent all sorts of proofs and documents they did not even ask for instead, I just told them my course start date had passed and there were travel bans so no longer made sense for me to go and that I already informed them of the withdrawal.

2. I can see from application notes that they first verified my fees and IELTs scores and other stuff and then only after 3 months of the application being idle they checked the GIC.

3. Yes, already filled the applicant's record. Waiting to hear from their side. I hope that they just assumed the GIC was fraudulent as I can easily disprove this. Also looked at a lot of judicial review court files for misrep and I've noticed that many times judges send it back for reconsideration even if the officer made a small error in their notes like failing to mention certain things. I saw a case go back for reconsideration even when the applicant forgot to disclose a previous visa refusal.

Hoping for the best, Never seen anything similar to my case in these forums or the court files so don't know what to expect. Don't want something so trivial affecting my future travel plans to other countries.
My husband got the same problem as yours, we are praying…..

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
My husband got the same problem as yours, we are praying…..

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Did you get an update to your PFL?

In my case, I went ahead with the JR, initially the immigration side wanted to fight it,. Then a judge granted me leave and the immigration side offered an out of court settlement where the decision would be set aside and sent back to another officer and I'll be given a chance to submit additional info.

I withdrew the court case on April 14th and am now waiting for my application to be updated and previous decision quashed.