+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone can help me please? Just need clarification :-\

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
I was rejected the first time I applied for TRV but I admit it was my fault as I didn't include enough document due to referring to the wrong site. Somehow I referred to Canada site instead of Singapore site hence I submitted completely wrong or lack of documents. I received my passport and a letter stating reasons why I was rejected (travel history and purpose of visit) after 20 days of submission.

I reapplied after 1 week (also after I bang my head on the table when I realized my mistake!) and 5 days after SVO received my application I got the email below:

Dear Sir/Madam

Processing of your application has been completed at the High Commission of Canada in Singapore
. Please advise how do you want us to return the passport:

1 Registered Mail (please provide a reliable mailing address) it will take 10 working days for delivery;

2 Collection by representative (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 08:30 - 09:30 am)(if you appoint someone to collect documents
on behalf, you must provide them with a letter of authorization signed by you and copy of this email).

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

I sincerely appreciate if anyone can shed some light regarding this email; good or bad? I didn't receive anything when my 1st application was rejected hence I am surprise with this email and how short my 2nd application process was completed. So if anyone can assist me with this then I am very grateful for it.

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
Also, I clearly state my mailing address and yet I get this email. As I said earlier, there was nothing on my first application and they just send it back to me without a problem. Is there something wrong with my 2nd application that they need my mailing address again? I'm worried about my passport. I really hope someone can shed some light regarding this matter. :(

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MayaLP said:
Anyone? Please? :(
IF I may. When did you submit your application to SVO? Seems as if the VO just wants to verify your mailing address - if this is still the correct one. From your description, it seems SVO is ready to return your passport (hopefully with the visa) or your passport is ready for pickup. You just have to tell them which method you prefer. Seems all is ok - from your description I see nothing negative.

/hope this helps...

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
Hi ragluf,

First of all, thank you for your reply! I couriered it to them on the 1st October and I tracked the application was received by SVO on morning of the 4th October. I received the email on afternoon 10th October, this means it only took SVO 5 working days to process it. On my first application, SVO received it on 5th September and the rejection letter was dated 17th September.

I do hope I get the visa even though chances are slim, I guess....am feeling a little disheartened. :(

NLY39739

Sep 24, 2012
i can understand that you feel a bit nervous. but to be honest, it looks to me that your application was approved after you re-sent your application for the second time. to my understanding, the visa officer already "cleared" your profile to receive the TRV but had to reject your application because you sent the wrong documents. hence, when you sent it for the second time, it took them less time to come back to you.

I also received e-mail with vague wording from the consulate general of canada in shanghai. "dear applicant, please note that your application has been finalized today". hmm, in the beginning i was confused like you! what does it mean "has been finalized" ?? finalized to be approved? finalized to be rejected?

in a nutshell, i think your passport is ready with the visa in it. all you need to do is just to choose the collection method

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
NLY39739 said:
i can understand that you feel a bit nervous. but to be honest, it looks to me that your application was approved after you re-sent your application for the second time. to my understanding, the visa officer already "cleared" your profile to receive the TRV but had to reject your application because you sent the wrong documents. hence, when you sent it for the second time, it took them less time to come back to you.

I also received e-mail with vague wording from the consulate general of canada in shanghai. "dear applicant, please note that your application has been finalized today". hmm, in the beginning i was confused like you! what does it mean "has been finalized" ?? finalized to be approved? finalized to be rejected?

in a nutshell, i think your passport is ready with the visa in it. all you need to do is just to choose the collection method
Hi NLY! Thank you for your reassuring words, means a lot to me. Well, yea, it was extremely careless of me the first time. I only submitted the completed forms, flight and hotel booking, only my latest passport and financial proof. On my 2nd application I submitted as below:

-Completed forms
-Old and new passport
-2 pics
-Financial proof (4 months bank statements, 4 months latest pay slips)
-My home S&P documents
-Company letter (I'm attached with one of the biggest oil and gas company in Asia so this might have given me some credentials)
-Approved company leave application form
-Flight and hotel booking and I also included my 2 days tour booking
-Cover letter clearly stating all the countries that I have visited, time that I spent in each country and what cities I visited in every country.

I will update on my visa status as soon as I receive it which would be roughly 10 days from now. Thank you once again! :)

NLY39739

Sep 24, 2012
i think the approved leave request form, the sponsor letter from your company (and a sponsor letter from my sis in my case), available funds (bank statement, salary slip, etc), and a proof that you have purchased ticket to go back home sealed the deal ;)

so yes, please let us know in 10 days time about your application.

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
NLY39739 said:
i think the approved leave request form, the sponsor letter from your company (and a sponsor letter from my sis in my case), available funds (bank statement, salary slip, etc), and a proof that you have purchased ticket to go back home sealed the deal ;)

so yes, please let us know in 10 days time about your application.
Hi NLY!

I got back my passport today but unfortunately I was denied due to travel history (I've travelled Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, China and Germany), Family ties in Canada and in country of residence (This made me go HUH? I know no one in Canada and my whole family and 10 years old son is here), Purpose of visit (Uhmm...vacation, what else?) and Personal asset and financial status (I have my own apartment under my name alone and I have CAD4,000.00 savings).

Oh well, never mind, off to my next destination which is New Zealand since Canada is not friendly at all. LOL! :D

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MayaLP said:
Hi NLY!

I got back my passport today but unfortunately I was denied due to travel history (I've travelled Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, China and Germany), Family ties in Canada and in country of residence (This made me go HUH? I know no one in Canada and my whole family and 10 years old son is here), Purpose of visit (Uhmm...vacation, what else?) and Personal asset and financial status (I have my own apartment under my name alone and I have CAD4,000.00 savings).

Oh well, never mind, off to my next destination which is New Zealand since Canada is not friendly at all. LOL! :D
Unfortunate :(. I also do not understand the reasons for denial...

From what you describe - you satisfy the conditions of Travel History (are you not coming back everytime you travel and have the means for travelling?) - you have been cleared by these countries right? Only thing that may be a factor is savings but then IMHO - your history of travel plus assets shows you have the means. Especially as your list shows all the supporting docs is there...

Another thing we can't understand why? Anyway - good luck on your NZ travel! One door closes, another opens...

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
ragluf said:
Unfortunate :(. I also do not understand the reasons for denial...

From what you describe - you satisfy the conditions of Travel History (are you not coming back everytime you travel and have the means for travelling?) - you have been cleared by these countries right? Only thing that may be a factor is savings but then IMHO - your history of travel plus assets shows you have the means. Especially as your list shows all the supporting docs is there...

Another thing we can't understand why? Anyway - good luck on your NZ travel! One door closes, another opens...
Hi ya ragluf!

Yes, as for travel history I clearly state in my cover letter that I visited Bali, Indonesia (to climb Mount Bromo & Ijen), Thailand, Singapore for shopping and most recently to take my boy for vacation at Universal Studio and Underwater World, spent nearly 2 weeks in China (China visa is in my old passport) and 11 days in Germany for World Cup 2006 (that was SUPERB!). Never abused any country's system, purely for vacation. I don't know how they came up with the idea of my family ties in Canada but about my family here, maybe it's my fault for not including all my family members birth certificates to prove they actually exist? LOL!

It's a huge shame as I really wanted to visit Whistler and see snow for the 1st time in my life. Oh well, maybe one day I'll get the chance! :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MayaLP said:
Hi ya ragluf!

Yes, as for travel history I clearly state in my cover letter that I visited Bali, Indonesia (to climb Mount Bromo & Ijen), Thailand, Singapore for shopping and most recently to take my boy for vacation at Universal Studio and Underwater World, spent nearly 2 weeks in China (China visa is in my old passport) and 11 days in Germany for World Cup 2006 (that was SUPERB!). Never abused any country's system, purely for vacation. I don't know how they came up with the idea of my family ties in Canada but about my family here, maybe it's my fault for not including all my family members birth certificates to prove they actually exist? LOL!

It's a huge shame as I really wanted to visit Whistler and see snow for the 1st time in my life. Oh well, maybe one day I'll get the chance! :)
Ah - a definite travelbug I see...well good luck.

Next time you apply - you can always note in your application that you want to see what Canada has to offer in relation to the countries you have visited and if they can match the experiences you have had while travelling to those countries. Perhaps, this time, the VO may be piqued and allow you the chance to see for yourself and compare :).

Keep on enjoying life - next time you apply you now know how to do the application better...

/cheers...

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Forumites, I am planning an exploratory visit to Nova Scotia under the Community Identified Stream and i need help on how best to go about filling my forms to avoid pitfalls the VO capitalises on to deny people visa.

1. The first ques asked of UCI number- I am one of the Pre Feb 2008, can i write the file number i was given then here which usually start with B or this means another thing entirely.

2. Purpose of visit - Should i pick tourist visa or i pick others and in the next column write exploratory visit.

3. Name, address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit : what relationship will be best to be written that i have with the Regional Association that planned inviting me and also for places i love to visit like employers, schools, hopitals, banks, post office etc - what relation can one say he has with all these bodies since i am just going to see how things work.

4. Details of highest level of education : after stating it, is it compulsory i include a photocopy or original of such certificate despite i am not applying for student visa.

5. Details of employment in the last ten years: For previous work experiences, should i include original or photocopies of my letters of employment.

6. I have never served in the military, security, political or related organisation - Must i fill IMM 5257 Schedule 1

7. One of the requirement is saying Marriage certificate and birth certificate for each family member whether or not they are accompanying you - am i to put marriage and birth certificates of my brothers and sisters or that question relates to only me and my children.

I will be so happy if anyone experienced on these issue can urgently help out.

NLY39739

Sep 24, 2012
MayaLP,

I am appalled! Shocked!! seriously? rejected? that's beyond my wildest imagination. I stated I have 2500CAD for my travel which is less than what you stated and I got my visa approved. But then again, I had lived in Canada before and came back a couple of times so maybe they know my track record. But still.... I can totally relate to your feeling that Canada seems to be rejecting a lot of applicants who are genuinely applying to be tourists. The application process is IMHO not customer oriented at all..

oh well, i hope you will have tonnes of fun in New Zealand. It's beautiful and people are very friendly :) It's Canada's lost

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hisaca said:
Forumites, I am planning an exploratory visit to Nova Scotia under the Community Identified Stream and i need help on how best to go about filling my forms to avoid pitfalls the VO capitalises on to deny people visa.

1. The first ques asked of UCI number- I am one of the Pre Feb 2008, can i write the file number i was given then here which usually start with B or this means another thing entirely.

2. Purpose of visit - Should i pick tourist visa or i pick others and in the next column write exploratory visit.

3. Name, address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit : what relationship will be best to be written that i have with the Regional Association that planned inviting me and also for places i love to visit like employers, schools, hopitals, banks, post office etc - what relation can one say he has with all these bodies since i am just going to see how things work.

4. Details of highest level of education : after stating it, is it compulsory i include a photocopy or original of such certificate despite i am not applying for student visa.

5. Details of employment in the last ten years: For previous work experiences, should i include original or photocopies of my letters of employment.

6. I have never served in the military, security, political or related organisation - Must i fill IMM 5257 Schedule 1

7. One of the requirement is saying Marriage certificate and birth certificate for each family member whether or not they are accompanying you - am i to put marriage and birth certificates of my brothers and sisters or that question relates to only me and my children.

I will be so happy if anyone experienced on these issue can urgently help out.
2) Pick "others" and write exploratory visit
3) Write the name and address of the regional association. you and the association is merely a guest and host relation
4) yes, include photocopy. translate in english or french if applicable
5) yes, include photocopy. translate in english or french if applicable
6) no, just write not applicable
7) only you, your spouse and children