+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied or got PPR from Australia ?

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who has applied while living in Australia? I have a situation I recently got the PPR and my spouse is traveling to Melbourne in next couple of days, but he can't submit the Passport for CoPR in India as it will take time.

So Just wanted to check if anyone applied for PR from Australia, and how is the process of submitting passport in Australia, where can we submit it ?
How much do they take?

Please help.

Thanks
Silvi

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hi Silvi,

I had applied last yr from Melb as I was based in Aus (submitted my passprt to canadian embassy in sydney)
But I believe that (as per reading your description) - you/your partner will need to apply to the local VO (visa office) where your application was first lodged (assuming New delhi office and not Aus)

Sending passport to the Sydney may not work (as they will do the backgrnd checks, other local checks etc assuming the application was lodged in Aus)

Though not a 100% sure, I believe you will have to send it to the NDVO

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
cursor18 said:
Hi Silvi,

I had applied last yr from Melb as I was based in Aus (submitted my passprt to canadian embassy in sydney)
But I believe that (as per reading your description) - you/your partner will need to apply to the local VO (visa office) where your application was first lodged (assuming New delhi office and not Aus)

Sending passport to the Sydney may not work (as they will do the backgrnd checks, other local checks etc assuming the application was lodged in Aus)

Though not a 100% sure, I believe you will have to send it to the NDVO
Thanks cursor.. What was your result? Did you get PR? Had you sent your passport through courier from Melbourne to Sydney?

Local VO is New Delhi, but many people got it changed to some other country as per their situation. So I hope they will change the VO from India to Sydney. I don't think they will do the background checks again.

I am worried about how I am going to send passport from Melbourne to Sydney and how much time do they take after that.

Thanks
Silvi

cursor18

May 31, 2015
I wud suggest sending an email to CIC explaining this, jus to be sure and avoid any issues later
In that case, you can send your PP from Melb to Syd (using the Platinum service frm Aus Post - its safe as I did the same)
Take post insurance from AusPost too

Second option is doing it via VFS Aus: vfsglobal.ca/Canada/australia/
(though I didnt do this myself)

It took almost 5 weeks from sending my PP to Sydney, to getting my CoPR

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
cursor18 said:
I wud suggest sending an email to CIC explaining this, jus to be sure and avoid any issues later
In that case, you can send your PP from Melb to Syd (using the Platinum service frm Aus Post - its safe as I did the same)
Take post insurance from AusPost too

Second option is doing it via VFS Aus: vfsglobal.ca/Canada/australia/
(though I didnt do this myself)

It took almost 5 weeks from sending my PP to Sydney, to getting my CoPR
Thanks Cursor.

5 weeks it's a long time. Was the passport sent back to you through courier only? How much its was charge for Platinum service.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
It was around 50 AUD I think. Better re check the rates

You need to include another return platinum envelope addressed to yourself in your post to Syd
Email CIC and they will give you detailed instructions abt the process to send passports to local VO

process until PPR is the main hardwork, rest should come easy. Patience is key - all the best, dont worry too much

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
cursor18 said:

You need to include another return platinum envelope addressed to yourself in your post to Syd
Email CIC and they will give you detailed instructions abt the process to send passports to local VO

process until PPR is the main hardwork, rest should come easy. Patience is key - all the best, dont worry too much
Thanks cursor. I was not worried till the PPR didn't come, but now I am little, because it's like in my hands but seems little far. :)
Moreover I am going to a great place. So have you moved to Canada ? Which one do you like Canada or Australia?

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
cursor18 said:

Hey Cursor. Just wanted to know how you are finding Canada in comparison with Australia?

Thanks
Nitin

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Silvi6 said:
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who has applied while living in Australia? I have a situation I recently got the PPR and my spouse is traveling to Melbourne in next couple of days, but he can't submit the Passport for CoPR in India as it will take time.

So Just wanted to check if anyone applied for PR from Australia, and how is the process of submitting passport in Australia, where can we submit it ?
How much do they take?

Please help.

Thanks
Silvi
Hey Silvi,

Was wondering which process you used to send your passport to India. I am currently living and working in Sydney (Indian citizen). Was wondering if you requested them to change your VO - if yes, how long did it take? If not, did you send your passport to NDVO? I can't seem to locate the relevant service from VFS office in Sydney to do this for Canadian immigration purposes. Could you please share the link, if you have one? Thank you!

Cheers!