+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied in unit 203 after Dec.

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
my spouse is till waiting, we have not heard back from the local visa office in calgary.

About the 20 days, I read the cic website again and I notice the 20 days does not include the time it takes the local office to process the application, its really getting worrisome!

when did you apply and which local office is treating your case?, we applied Feb 20

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
just wondering if its correct to conclude that when a temporary permit such as a work permit application is transferred to a local office, an interview is mandatory?

please share your experiences with me.

Shosilie

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
I have no idea about the interview thing when it is transferred to local office. My spouse has called the cic call center and he has been told that he will wait for another 6 to 8 weeks from the time the letter being tranferred to local office at Mississauga. This week is his 6th week. He applied March 6, transferred to local office March 24.

Yes, let's update each other on our spouse's status open work permit application. Hey, TG! what about your other friend's status?

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
My wife's application for work permit is now 8 weeks at the local visa office in Calgary, guys, please, does this look normal?, Im thinking of calling CIC even though they advised we shouldnt call. We submitted our application since February.

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got approved for a work permit. Timeline:
1. April 24: Mailed the application to UNIT 203
2. May 13: WP issued

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
Hi Twix

Thanks for your email. What category is your work permit, was your application transferred to any local visa office?, ours is Open Work Permit for spouse.

Please, reply.

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
HI, Twix! Thanks for sharing your timeline. Wow, your processing works fast! Kindly share more details, did you apply for open work permit? are you a spouse of a student or a skilled worker? from where did you apply? ( your location ). At least your information will give us idea on what's goin on with our application. Thank you.

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cdo said:
HI, Twix! Thanks for sharing your timeline. Wow, your processing works fast! Kindly share more details, did you apply for open work permit? are you a spouse of a student or a skilled worker? from where did you apply? ( your location ). At least your information will give us idea on what's goin on with our application. Thank you.
I am a skilled worker, level A. I am in Ontario. God bless!

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
hi cdo

just wondering which visa office was your file sent to from vegreville?, i mean where did u apply from?

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
My spouse sent his application at vegreville unit 203 and was transferred to Mississauga. I am an international student. We are still waiting until now and getting worried... Hoping and praying for the best though.

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
we are still waiting.... CIC must have a lot of backlog since the processing takes very longggggggg! it's beyond the processing time they have posted in their website.

what's up shosilie? are you still waiting too?

hey, TG! any news about your other friend application?

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
interestingly, we got a letter from the local visa office last week Thursday asking for my family's (wife and kids) passport photographs and photocopies of our passport pages..

I hope we will get work permit and TRP extension docs very soon

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
hi guys

we got a letter last week requestion for photographs and copies of passport for my family (wife and kids) which i dropped off the following day, we got the immigration docs yesterday (work permit - for wife and visitor's record - for kids). The wait was long but we thank God we eventually got it.