+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANYBODY SHARE HIS/HER PORT OF ENTRY EXPERIENCE OR ANY ONE WHAT COULD THEY ASK?

ban

Aug 22, 2011
ANYBODY PLZ SHARE HIS/HER PORT OF ENTRY EXPERIENCE OR ANY ONE WHAT COULD THEY ASK?
LIKE WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS THEY WILL ASK.....

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
ban said:
ANYBODY PLZ SHARE HIS/HER PORT OF ENTRY EXPERIENCE OR ANY ONE WHAT COULD THEY ASK?
LIKE WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS THEY WILL ASK.....
Passing the port of entry is as smooth as drinking water. They just make pleasant conversations that's all. Nothing federal or "answer me or you are going to jail" type of question. Just have your passport/LOA ready so that you don't have to mess your bag to find those.

ban

Aug 22, 2011
rhasan said:
Passing the port of entry is as smooth as drinking water. They just make pleasant conversations that's all. Nothing federal or "answer me or you are going to jail" type of question. Just have your passport/LOA ready so that you don't have to mess your bag to find those.
actually my problem is that i got my visa in end of august and buy a ticket of 20th September's ticket but on port Indian immigration personal prevent me to go ahead because they ask for extension letter because they i am late for September classes which were already started on 1st September, i told them that on my offer letter there are two more intakes offered to me of January 2012 and May 2012 i will join January2012 intake, but they said that we can't allow you to go ahead too early for January 2012 intake, after that i talked with university they issued me a letter for January classes now i plan to go in first week of December, will they make a issue that you have your visa in august but why you are coming too late? one more thing is that my course duration is 12 months mentioned on my offer letter and my remaining visa is of 11months in January2012, will they excuse that your course duration is 12 months and your visa duration is 11 months how could you complete your study in 11 months?? plz solve my queries......

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
ban said:
actually my problem is that i got my visa in end of august and buy a ticket of 20th September's ticket but on port Indian immigration personal prevent me to go ahead because they ask for extension letter because they i am late for September classes which were already started on 1st September, i told them that on my offer letter there are two more intakes offered to me of January 2012 and May 2012 i will join January2012 intake, but they said that we can't allow you to go ahead too early for January 2012 intake, after that i talked with university they issued me a letter for January classes now i plan to go in first week of December, will they make a issue that you have your visa in august but why you are coming too late? one more thing is that my course duration is 12 months mentioned on my offer letter and my remaining visa is of 11months in January2012, will they excuse that your course duration is 12 months and your visa duration is 11 months how could you complete your study in 11 months?? plz solve my queries......
Local immigration is a DAMN PAIN! My friend, who also came with me, was harassed so much because he was traveling for the 1st time (show this show that where were you born blah blah) but he was able to pass smoothly through the POE!

Well now that you have the deferral letter, just go through the immigration and if the officer tells you any further bull___, just file a case against him (I am pretty sure that India is very strict about these things) because you have the right to go to Canada now that you have both your deferral letter and visa.

At the POE, they might ask you why didn't you catch the earlier semester, just be honest with them.

About the visa, we all get visa less that our course period. It is their policy I guess. So just before 2months of the expiry date, you have to apply for the permit online and voila you are done :D

ban

Aug 22, 2011
rhasan said:
Local immigration is a DAMN PAIN! My friend, who also came with me, was harassed so much because he was traveling for the 1st time (show this show that where were you born blah blah) but he was able to pass smoothly through the POE!

Well now that you have the deferral letter, just go through the immigration and if the officer tells you any further bull___, just file a case against him (I am pretty sure that India is very strict about these things) because you have the right to go to Canada now that you have both your deferral letter and visa.

At the POE, they might ask you why didn't you catch the earlier semester, just be honest with them.

About the visa, we all get visa less that our course period. It is their policy I guess. So just before 2months of the expiry date, you have to apply for the permit online and voila you are done :D
thx a lot for info.. i m also travling frst time.... i m planing to keep older ticket with me so that i can show them and to explain whole things.....truly... one more thing i want to ask that i am going 1 month early because i will find accommodation there but first i will stay for 4 or 5 days in Toronto with my relatives, then will go to my uni, uni of Regina... so i want to ask that is there a need to book a ticket from Toronto to Regina to show them that i will must go to my final destination....

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
ban said:
thx a lot for info.. i m also travling frst time.... i m planing to keep older ticket with me so that i can show them and to explain whole things.....truly... one more thing i want to ask that i am going 1 month early because i will find accommodation there but first i will stay for 4 or 5 days in Toronto with my relatives, then will go to my uni, uni of Regina... so i want to ask that is there a need to book a ticket from Toronto to Regina to show them that i will must go to my final destination....
They don't ask for tickets as far as I know. Then again, you never know! Plus, its better to book the ticket beforehand since time around Christmas tends to be very busy and you might have to buy ticket with double price.