+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody knows what is current exchange rate I need to use to calc CAD->USD?

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
Need to send my fees and have no idea what is current exchange rate in use by Canadian government, anybody sent their application recently to know for sure?

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agent005 said:
Need to send my fees and have no idea what is current exchange rate in use by Canadian government, anybody sent their application recently to know for sure?

Thanks in advance!
1. Where are you applying to? If it is Sydney Nova Scotia, it has to be in Canadian funds.
2. If it is to another office, the rates are on their web sites. don't do the exchange, just pay what they want in either US/Canadian funds as listed.

PMM

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
I'm applying to Sydney Nova Scotia. Ok, so I need to have my bank give me money order in CAD, not USD, I got ya, thanks a lot cchabert and PMM!

sbscheema

Feb 23, 2009
All majo Banks do it...I just did it via Bank fo America...Chase also does it.
They will send Bank Draft overnight to your home.

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
PMM,

Do you know for sure it must be Canadian funds and they will return application if not?
There is no Bank of America office within 100 miles from Denver according to their site...
I'll call Chase tomorrow to see if they can do money order in Canadian.
If not - I was thinking just getting rates from Buffalo site in USD (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng) and sending that amount.
Anybody knows for sure if I should not do that and should only send CAD funds?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agent005 said:
PMM,

Do you know for sure it must be Canadian funds and they will return application if not?
There is no Bank of America office within 100 miles from Denver according to their site...
I'll call Chase tomorrow to see if they can do money order in Canadian.
If not - I was thinking just getting rates from Buffalo site in USD (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng) and sending that amount.
Anybody knows for sure if I should not do that and should only send CAD funds?

Thanks!
You haven't read the instructions have you?

Payment method options
In Canadian funds only, you may pay by certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the “Receiver General for Canada.” Do not enclose cash. Page 38 of the instructions. UPS also sells $C

PMM

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
PMM, I did read instructions, but I guess did not pay much attention at the time to that paragraph, I do remember statement about overpayments above the lines but totally forgot the other one.

Anyway, thanks a lot for you post and help, definitely saved me time since most likely they would return my application if I sent USD.

Have a nice day/night/time of day :)

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
I went to Wells Fargo bank and they were able to do an international money orders, bank draft actually but same thing to me :)
So I'm all set now.
Just an FYI for all future readers - USPS told me over 1-800 number they can do canadian money orders, but what they really can do is international USD money orders so don't go there :)
The easiest way was to call major branches of local banks and with some luck I found one that does international MO, however even as Chase told me over the phone they can do it, when I showed up there - they told me they can not, go figure... So call first and take a name of the person who tells you they can do it - at least you will have somebody to blame :)

Thanks all for your help!