+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody know that

Mahmudur

May 18, 2015
If i go to canada with a work visa,then i can get citizenship in canada? I am a bangladeshi. now i want go to canada. but i don't know
how many year i can do job in canada? Anybody know that?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahmudur said:
If i go to canada with a work visa,then i can get citizenship in canada? I am a bangladeshi. now i want go to canada. but i don't know
how many year i can do job in canada? Anybody know that?
Eventually yes, but before you need qualify for being Permanent Resident.

Work Permit -----> Permament Resident ---------> Citizenship

According to the new law (if still applies to you) you'll need at least 4 years living in Canada once you became Permament Resident to apply for citizenship so it's a long process.

Mahmudur

May 18, 2015
Neutral, You're saying that,If i go canada with work visa.Affter 4 or 6 years must i can get citizenship.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hi Mahmudur,

The process has changed significantly over the last couple of years. It can take you almost 9 to 10 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship. The process goes you first come to Canada on a Work Permit to find and work, after you fulfill all requirements you can take one of the available streams to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) card, once you are PR you will then need to wait with the new laws about 4 years and only when you meet the new requirements in full can you apply for citizenship.

I would advice you to follow this website and links which gives you a breakdown and explains steps required in detail, this is the official CIC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/englisH/immigrate/index.asp

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahmudur said:
Neutral, You're saying that,If i go canada with work visa.Affter 4 or 6 years must i can get citizenship.
More, because it's a minimum of 4 years after you become PR and I guess you won't become PR before 2-3 years of having a work permit.