+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got Extension for Passport submission beyond 30 days after PPR Mail

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to understand if anyone got extension for Submitting passport to VO office beyond 30 days due to any reason.

Please respond

Thanks
Silvi

RDL

Jan 13, 2016
I got an extension for mine. I will be unable to meet the 30 day deadline of CIC then because I had an overseas trip for my work for the next two months after the passport request. After I emailed CIC about this concern and sent them documentation of my trip, (Plane tickets/hotel bookings) they set the new deadline a few days after my return from my overseas trip.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
RDL said:
I got an extension for mine. I will be unable to meet the 30 day deadline of CIC then because I had an overseas trip for my work for the next two months after the passport request. After I emailed CIC about this concern and sent them documentation of my trip, (Plane tickets/hotel bookings) they set the new deadline a few days after my return from my overseas trip.
Can't they change the VO for that ? You can request to change the VO to whereever you are going. Isn't it possible? I was thinking about that.

Silvi

RDL

Jan 13, 2016
I'm not sure. In my case, the trip was a series of short trips in several countries, so it would not make sense anyway to request for a change in VO. I just submitted to my local VO upon my return.

Maqsood

May 24, 2016
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I have been asked to submit my passport within 30 days, but I have a few travels planned for the coming month. How did you contact CIC??

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Maqsood said:
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I have been asked to submit my passport within 30 days, but I have a few travels planned for the coming month. How did you contact CIC??
Is there an email address in your PPR letter that asks you to contact them if there are any changes in your situation? You can use that one.