+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody applied study permit from USA, please help me!!

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Friends,

If anybody applied study visa from USA ( currently on some visa ) , please help me with procedure or any specific information which needs to be taken care while applying. Thanks in advance.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
luckyBoy said:
Friends,

If anybody applied study visa from USA ( currently on some visa ) , please help me with procedure or any specific information which needs to be taken care while applying. Thanks in advance.
Hi Luckyboy,

Can you tell little bit detail about yourself ( why you choose to apply visa from USA, what is your citizen? what is your education background? so that senior expert can help you.

Thanks

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Myslef I m student in USA, completed my studies and failed to get work permit ( H1 ) for multiple attempts. So planning to apply student permit for my wife , open work permit ( myslef ) and move to canada, and later apply for PR.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
luckyBoy said:
Myslef I m student in USA, completed my studies and failed to get work permit ( H1 ) for multiple attempts. So planning to apply student permit for my wife , open work permit ( myslef ) and move to canada, and later apply for PR.
Pls check the link below, I saw one person applied study permit at POE. The only key thing he is US citizen.

Any Senior Expert can help for applying study permit from USA if the student is not US citizen.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-permit-is-age-a-barrier-please-help-t117791.0.html

Tks, Thang

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi,

More information from CIC website:

Working or going to school in Canada

Most visitors to Canada cannot work or study in Canada without a permit.

If you are visiting Canada and you want to work or study, you have a few options if you still have legal status in Canada.

For a new work permit, you can apply:
•from your home country or another country where you are lawfully admitted, or
•by mail only to the visa office in New York.

For a new study permit, you can apply:
•from your home country or another country where you are lawfully admitted, or
•in person or by mail at the Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles.

In some cases, you are allowed to work or study without a permit. For more information, see:
•Study in Canada – Exceptions
•Work in Canada – Jobs that do not need a work permit

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/arriving.asp

Tks, Thang