+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any updates to some Noc B jobs that are not qualified under CEC?

lensspire

Jul 16, 2020
Hi all,

I read that the following Noc occupations are considered as not eligible under CEC program; however, all these information found were from years ago. Does anyone know if they have updated this? If so, can you please provide the link that you found?

Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Cooks (NOC 6322)

I also found this link on CIC website stating something about 6 ineligible NOC B jobs but the information is not really clear.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=29.5.3

On the website, it states:

No. You can only count work experience in one or more of these 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC) categories:

• Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations),
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades), except for the six ineligible occupations (listed below).

There was no list provided though.
I fall under NOC 1311 but I don’t know if I am eligible. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I do not believe there is a CEC embargo on those particular occupations - nor have I heard of one. If you could post that information it would help. Otherwise there is nothing on the website you directed us to that indicates you're not eligible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I read that the following Noc occupations are considered as not eligible under CEC program; however, all these information found were from years ago. Does anyone know if they have updated this? If so, can you please provide the link that you found?

Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Cooks (NOC 6322)

I also found this link on CIC website stating something about 6 ineligible NOC B jobs but the information is not really clear.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=29.5.3

On the website, it states:

No. You can only count work experience in one or more of these 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC) categories:

• Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations),
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades), except for the six ineligible occupations (listed below).

There was no list provided though.
I fall under NOC 1311 but I don’t know if I am eligible. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
I'm not sure where you found this information. However those rules are several years old and no longer apply. Work experience is counted under CEC provided it's NOC A, B or 0. There are no exclusions / exceptions. Stay away from random websites that may have out of date information and stick to the details on the IRCC web site.

Reactions: jes_ON

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I do not believe there is a CEC embargo on those particular occupations - nor have I heard of one. If you could post that information it would help. Otherwise there is nothing on the website you directed us to that indicates you're not eligible.
Some occupations were excluded under CEC a few years ago. OP is looking at outdated information.

lensspire

Jul 16, 2020
Thank you both so much for taking the time to respond!

Yea, all the information that I could find was from a long time ago. I just wanted to double check if I had missed any information that is new.

Nick@nite

Jul 22, 2020
Hi guys was hoping you can assist me to find which NOC category my job description belong to. I would really appreciate it.
  • This is a high volume, back-office and processing role supporting the Initiations team for the Client Transfers department. This team is responsible for initiating, verifying, and following up on transfers of funds and assets from one financial institution to another. The initiations team serves as the first step in the client transfers cycle.
  • Review transfer request for client transferring from other financial institutions
  • Review and validate the necessary transfer documents versus information listed in book records
  • Liaise with other internal and external stakeholders in order to request information or solve issues
  • Conduct due diligence on client information, account types transaction type and details (information verification)
  • Complete tasks in adherence with company policies in order to mitigate risk to the bank
  • Processing documentation, data entry into in-house systems, and ad-hoc administrative tasks as required