+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Suggestions for this Case Guys

Dec 23, 2008
I have appllied on April.2008 for a PR from inside canada under the family calss and my wife she is Canadien she has sponsored me, Immigration told me that they need from 5 to 6 monthes to finalize the first stage and after they approved it then I will be allowed to work and study in canada, I checked with immigration for one month ago, and they told me that they need more one year to process the first stage and I am not allowed to work or study even if I wana visit my family in backhome they will close my file here in canada.

If anyone help me guys about that what can I do, they cant let me to stay ay home for one more year, what you suggest to me to do and which the best way to work and to do anything about this matter.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

salim_katiabeh said:
I have appllied on April.2008 for a PR from inside canada under the family calss and my wife she is Canadien she has sponsored me, Immigration told me that they need from 5 to 6 monthes to finalize the first stage and after they approved it then I will be allowed to work and study in canada, I checked with immigration for one month ago, and they told me that they need more one year to process the first stage and I am not allowed to work or study even if I wana visit my family in backhome they will close my file here in canada.

If anyone help me guys about that what can I do, they cant let me to stay ay home for one more year, what you suggest to me to do and which the best way to work and to do anything about this matter.

Thanks
It would appear something has come up in your application/sponsorship. If it has been referred to an office without AIP then the usual cause is bona fides of the marriage. Looks like you are going to be sitting at home for another year, unless you obtain an LMO from and employer and apply for a work permit.

PMM

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Yes Salim,
You will have to inquire about open work-permit which they give in some cases.
In Canada PR takes from 1 year to 3 years for PR approval, so try to get the work-permit.

Dec 23, 2008
Thank you for the reply, really they will make it diffecult for me, but I dont know if iam allowed to apply for the skills worker, maybe this is a short way for me and my wife.

Can I apply for Skills Worker and I already have other application under the Family Calss????

Thanks

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
hello,
I have the same case.after 6 months at Vegerville,my case has been transferred to CIC Calgary office on March 10,2009.so I am not sure what to do.I really want to get permission to work.so how to apply for open wrk permit???if you proceed with some step,could you please keep me in the loop too,so that I can apply in the same manner.thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mehwish9 said:
hello,
I have the same case.after 6 months at Vegerville,my case has been transferred to CIC Calgary office on March 10,2009.so I am not sure what to do.I really want to get permission to work.so how to apply for open wrk permit???if you proceed with some step,could you please keep me in the loop too,so that I can apply in the same manner.thanks in advance.
If your file was transferred without AIP,then you can't get an OWP.

PMM

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
salim_katiabeh said:

Thanks
One of the requirements of the inland process is that you have to be resident in Canada with your spouse/sponsor in order to be approved. They can't prevent you from leaving Canada to visit your family back home but they caution against it because, if you are not allowed to re-enter Canada (which there's no guarantee you would be) then they will close your file because you no longer meet the requirement of being present in Canada with your sponsor. You always have the option to withdraw your inland PR ap and file a new application through your home country - and you can do that while remaining in Canada, but you'd have to keep your temporary status updated separately. And, if you had to attend an interview, it would be in your home country and then you'd probably not be readmitted to Canada until after the PR process was finalized and you had your PR visa.

As far as working: even if you found an employer to offer you a job, and the employer got a positive Labour Market Opinion, you'd have to apply for a work permit through your home country - and if you were approved, then come back to Canada on the work permit.

I'd suggest you order your FOSS notes to find out what is happening with your case and why your application was transferred to the local office. PMM is right that they transfer files when there is a problem with processing and the local offices have long backlogs . . . that's why they need a year to process it, that's the backlog of their processing queue. Eventually they'll get to your case - but these long processing times when something goes wrong are one of the real disadvantages of the inland process. That and no right of appeal if the application is refused.