+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one who filed TRV at buffalo during June-July 2011?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Monalizy said:
I sent my passport to Forte Erie Sept 12
Received on Sept 13

I have a flight booked for Novermber 25 , I'm sure I will make it .

I guess I am the only one left :mad:
Buffalo received application Sept 13
Buffalo issued Visa Sept 26
I got my Passport Sept 29

16 days processing time !!! Awesome

Sep 27, 2011
Hi does anyone here tried to apply trv in person in buffalo? I wonder if they stil release sameday or nextday, your comments suggestion would be a big help, coz im planning to have my holiday in india on the 15 th of oct, i am on open work permit.

Twilight001

Oct 15, 2011
waitforever said:
teusday11, you don't need a re-entry visa if you have a valid work/study permit and you are only going to visit US.
I have done it a few times with no problem.

Hope that helps
Hi waitforever! I have a couple of questions...What document/s did you show the immigration officer at the port of entry? Just your work permit/study permit? How many days were you away when you went to travel to the US? Did the immigration officer asked you questions? I'd presume your TRV has already expired when you went to travel to the US? Please let me know. I really want to go to the US to see my family but my TRV has just recently expired. I have a valid work permit and currently working. I'm thinking of renewing my TRV but from what I know, it will take 4 to 6 weeks to process. If there's no problem getting back in as long as you have a valid work permit....I'd rather not renew my TRV considering the long wait. Appreciate your reply. Thanks a lot!

Twilight001

Oct 15, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

If you have a valid work permit and are only going to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, you don't require a new TRV. You will be re-admitted on the strength of your work permit.
Hello PMM! So glad I found this post. I need your help/advice. I am planning to travel to the US to visit my family maybe for a week or so but my TRV has just recently expired. I have a valid work permit and currently working. From what you wrote, you said I wouldn't have any trouble being re-admitted if I don't have a valid TRV as long as I have a valid work permit? I was supposedly planning to re-apply for a new TRV in Buffalo but processing takes forever. If this is the case, I would rather not apply for a new TRV if getting re-admitted is not a problem (considering I would only travel to the US). Is there any valid documentation somewhere that proves this is the case or is it still the discretion of the immigration officer at the border if they let you in without a valid TRV? Please help.....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Twilight001 said:
Hello PMM! So glad I found this post. I need your help/advice. I am planning to travel to the US to visit my family maybe for a week or so but my TRV has just recently expired. I have a valid work permit and currently working. From what you wrote, you said I wouldn't have any trouble being re-admitted if I don't have a valid TRV as long as I have a valid work permit? I was supposedly planning to re-apply for a new TRV in Buffalo but processing takes forever. If this is the case, I would rather not apply for a new TRV if getting re-admitted is not a problem (considering I would only travel to the US). Is there any valid documentation somewhere that proves this is the case or is it still the discretion of the immigration officer at the border if they let you in without a valid TRV? Please help.....
As long as your work permit is valid and you are only traveling to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, you will be re-admitted to Canada.