+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one s file waiting for a review from many months after meds done

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

My file is waiting for a review by an IO from almost 8 months .My VO is London and I did my meds in November 2010.

Anyone facing similar situation ,or getting the same reply from London, from many months?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
hi newcomer

I am exactly in a same situation like you. Can u tell me one thing if you were requested Immigration summary and supplementary information form at any point of the processing as i was requested to fill this form at the time of medicals and i guess its the reason for my delay.

Sunny

B

belize

i am in the same boat, its not waiting for review they waiting for security clearance and God Knows how long will take.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
sunnyuk said:
hi newcomer

I am exactly in a same situation like you. Can u tell me one thing if you were requested Immigration summary and supplementary information form at any point of the processing as i was requested to fill this form at the time of medicals and i guess its the reason for my delay.

Sunny
Hi sunny,

Well I was not requested an immigrant summary form but infact I was subjected to a med furtherance test so this could be the reason of delay in my case.

BTW do you have any idea what was your last BFD?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Dea all,
I am as well in the same boat. I expect our PPR wil be sent between this month and max sept. The issue I guess is finalizing files in a certain order.
I already requested caips will be delivered within approx 10 days I will update you.but my least BFd was 1 June 2011
Regards,

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Your boat is far behind their boat..... You did the medical in April 2010 while they did it in Nov 2010...
Get out of their boat....

elie72 said:
Dea all,
I am as well in the same boat. I expect our PPR wil be sent between this month and max sept. The issue I guess is finalizing files in a certain order.
I already requested caips will be delivered within approx 10 days I will update you.but my least BFd was 1 June 2011
Regards,

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
newcomer said:
Hi sunny,

Well I was not requested an immigrant summary form but infact I was subjected to a med furtherance test so this could be the reason of delay in my case.

BTW do you have any idea what was your last BFD?
Hi newcomer

I don't think your medical furtherance is an issue here. What i guess is security check. I am not sure but i did read in one of your post that your caips show sec crim 03 so i guess London VO is waiting for a report from CSIS as there must be few red flag in this section. If i am not wrong your caips show medical status as 03 too but it also show all members have been assigned code A so there should not be an issue in medical section. But in my case its very strange. My CAIPS notes show everything is clear sec crim 1, Med M01 , PSDEC 01, SELDEC 04. I have been awarded 72 points too. No negative note or any other issue raised by an officer. But most strange part is my B'fd was in the past. I got my CAIPS in May and my BF'd was showing Jan 11. No other date after that. In medical validity status is shows nov 11. The last note on my file says ' File appears RFV' which many have suggested means READY FOR VISA. :( its 8 months now and my life is just frozen. Before medicals i was just living my normal life and never bothered to check whats happening with my application. But since medicals done i was told now prepare yourself to move to canada withing 3-4 months. So i started planning things of packing things here and move to canada. But now this long frustrating wait has messed up my life completely. I have no control on this situation no matter how much i try not to think about it. I have put all my major decisions on hold. All i want is they should tell us where we stand positive or negative. I thought mine is a straight forward application i have never been involved in any legal issues, no medical conditions, no problems with education or experience but still long security checks. We cannot do anything as the powers is in their hands. Immigrating to Canada was our choice so have to deal with it. Its my last hope too as my noc is not in the new 29 occ list. So just have to wait for some miracle to happen.

Lets see if there is something interesting in elie72's CAIPS notes. I am still not sure if i need to order another CAIPS as its not gonna change anything. Application will be finalized whenever they want to inspite of what CAIPS notes say. Have you ordered CAIPS recently?

Regards

Sunny

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi sunny ,

Yes you are right about my CAIPS.But the more interesting part is my BFD as after my meds evaluation in January CIC did not assign me a BFD date till July 2011.And my first and most recent date was in first week of July.Moreover my CAIPS show that my file was not at all opened during this whole period as no other date is mentioned except 2 dates of my email enquiries reply.Dont know whats happening with my file?
As per my understanding not ALL files are forwarded to CSIS .only those files which need in depth security clearance are send to CSIS ,the rest's checks are done by other agencies.Do you think my file would ve send to CSIS?

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
Hi newcomer

As far as i know all files have to go through the security clearence. Criminality check and security checks are two different things. The PCC we submit is for Criminality check but CIC have there own agencies for security checks.Seniors please correct me of i am wrong. If you are a national or have lived in some of the targeted countries e.g pakistan, saudi arabia , UK , USA etc then there is very high chance they would send the file for deep checks. I am living in UK so my application seems like has been put for this deep check. God know when it will finish.

Regards

Sunny

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi sunny,

read here :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t67570.0.html

Applications for Permanent Residence from Within Canada

The Service has the sole responsibility for screening immigrants and
refugees who apply for permanent residence status from within Canada. In
2008-2009 the Service received 33, 837 such screening requests. Of these
requests, 21, 950 were immigration applications and 11, 887 came through
the Refugee Determination Program.

According to the statistical information provided by the Service, the
time required for the Service to issue a recommendation on an
immigration application varies considerably depending on how the
application was filed. Those applications filed using the Electronic
Data Exchange from within Canada took a median of 45 days, and
electronic filings within the Refugee Determination Program took 55
days. For those applications filed on paper, the median turnaround time
for immigration applications from within Canada was 70 days; for
applications from the U. S. it was 150 days, and for paper applications
from within the Refugee Determination program 94 days.

Application for Permanent Residence from Outside Canada

Immigration and refugee applications for permanent residence that
originate outside Canada or the United States are managed by the
Overseas Immigrant Screening Program under which the Service shares
responsibility for security screening with CIC officials based abroad.
Generally, CSIS only becomes involved in the screening process either
upon being requested to do so by the Immigration Program Manager or upon
receiving adverse information about a case from established sources.
CSIS reports that this division of labour allows the Service to
concentrate on higher-risk cases.

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
newcomer said:
Hi sunny,

read here :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t67570.0.html

Applications for Permanent Residence from Within Canada

The Service has the sole responsibility for screening immigrants and
refugees who apply for permanent residence status from within Canada. In
2008-2009 the Service received 33, 837 such screening requests. Of these
requests, 21, 950 were immigration applications and 11, 887 came through
the Refugee Determination Program.

According to the statistical information provided by the Service, the
time required for the Service to issue a recommendation on an
immigration application varies considerably depending on how the
application was filed. Those applications filed using the Electronic
Data Exchange from within Canada took a median of 45 days, and
electronic filings within the Refugee Determination Program took 55
days. For those applications filed on paper, the median turnaround time
for immigration applications from within Canada was 70 days; for
applications from the U. S. it was 150 days, and for paper applications
from within the Refugee Determination program 94 days.

Application for Permanent Residence from Outside Canada

Immigration and refugee applications for permanent residence that
originate outside Canada or the United States are managed by the
Overseas Immigrant Screening Program under which the Service shares
responsibility for security screening with CIC officials based abroad.
Generally, CSIS only becomes involved in the screening process either
upon being requested to do so by the Immigration Program Manager or upon
receiving adverse information about a case from established sources.
CSIS reports that this division of labour allows the Service to
concentrate on higher-risk cases.
Hi newcomer

Thx for the info. There is gud news on the other thread of your as one Aug 07 applicant k77 who had done his medicals in DEC 10 just got PPR request. So I think this month we will get the good news and will all celebrate. Fingers crossed and lets think positive.

Sunny

miranda

Oct 7, 2010
Heyyy.....I have done my meds in Sept 2010. Still no visas. Going crazy is a mild term. All those who are waiting for the visas would be knowing how I am feeling.
What is actually happening? Wont we be given some time to put down our papers, pack & say goodbye.
What if the medicals lapse? Any idea???

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
miranda said:
Heyyy.....I have done my meds in Sept 2010. Still no visas. Going crazy is a mild term. All those who are waiting for the visas would be knowing how I am feeling.
What is actually happening? Wont we be given some time to put down our papers, pack & say goodbye.
What if the medicals lapse? Any idea???
Hi miranda

Apart from NDVO mostly all other VO's request for passport after all BG checks have been completed. I know this is very wrong to keep hold of passports for such long time. Its very difficult for people who travel frequently. I am sure soon you will get your passport with the shining maple leaf. Keep faith in the almighty god.

Sunny

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi sunny, if you or anyone idea is there a difference between "File waiting for a review" and"currently BG checks are in progress/waiting for BG checks results".

As my case is specific in the sense that CHC London never mentioned me in any of their replies that my BG checks are either in progress or commenced or concluded so I am really in a fix about my BG checks as the reply which I am getting from the past many months ,usually people get just before issuance of PPR.There are examples of many applicants in this regards.But in my case due to a long delay I am not sure what is happening with my file.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyuk said:
Hi newcomer

I don't think your medical furtherance is an issue here. What i guess is security check. I am not sure but i did read in one of your post that your caips show sec crim 03 so i guess London VO is waiting for a report from CSIS as there must be few red flag in this section. If i am not wrong your caips show medical status as 03 too but it also show all members have been assigned code A so there should not be an issue in medical section. But in my case its very strange. My CAIPS notes show everything is clear sec crim 1, Med M01 , PSDEC 01, SELDEC 04. I have been awarded 72 points too. No negative note or any other issue raised by an officer. But most strange part is my B'fd was in the past. I got my CAIPS in May and my BF'd was showing Jan 11. No other date after that. In medical validity status is shows nov 11. The last note on my file says ' File appears RFV' which many have suggested means READY FOR VISA. :( its 8 months now and my life is just frozen. Before medicals i was just living my normal life and never bothered to check whats happening with my application. But since medicals done i was told now prepare yourself to move to canada withing 3-4 months. So i started planning things of packing things here and move to canada. But now this long frustrating wait has messed up my life completely. I have no control on this situation no matter how much i try not to think about it. I have put all my major decisions on hold. All i want is they should tell us where we stand positive or negative. I thought mine is a straight forward application i have never been involved in any legal issues, no medical conditions, no problems with education or experience but still long security checks. We cannot do anything as the powers is in their hands. Immigrating to Canada was our choice so have to deal with it. Its my last hope too as my noc is not in the new 29 occ list. So just have to wait for some miracle to happen.

Lets see if there is something interesting in elie72's CAIPS notes. I am still not sure if i need to order another CAIPS as its not gonna change anything. Application will be finalized whenever they want to inspite of what CAIPS notes say. Have you ordered CAIPS recently?

Regards

Sunny
Sunny, what does it say in BDEC?