+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any one familiar with SELKIRK COLLEGE

aman03

Sep 9, 2014
selkirk college castlegar worst college for international students

College staff doesn't show professionalism and respect to international students
Students should not waste time and money there
I had to visit college on 29 November 2016 at 12:10pm bcz college staff (TARANJEET) wasn't able to answer the phone ( I called 4 times in 7 days)
I went there recently with my friend bcz my friend wanted to take admission there
So receptionist told me to see Taranjeet (international student advisor)
When I entered in his small office,
He was doing something on his phone, he pretended like he didn't see us,
We said Hi how are you
He didn't reply, never offered us to have a seat
So after a while He turned his face towards us and said "Yes".
Then he pushed his chair back and sat like he's on couch in his bedroom
So I said that my friend wants to change her college and take admission here
And he replied "then"
I felt bad the way he replied
I again try to start conversation saying that
I called him 4 times but he hasn't replied or call back
He said " we are busy, we have things to do, we are not free to pick calls , if I missed your call then what"
That was shocking for me, while he was saying all these he was laying back on his chair like he was sleeping and turning his phone with his fingers,
After all that I again showed him respect and said "thanks for your time Have a great day"
He didn't respond and again ignored
That was the worst college experience of my life ".
The guy (TARANJEET) was way too rude and annoying.
I don't understand that how Selkrik college HR department hiring these types of people.
If college don't know how to hire employees how would they teach their students to do so.
I wanted to complain about him, but due to lack of time I didn't.
I spoiled my 2 days and nights and $350 because I had to travel from Surrey to Castlegar.
Words to mouth always come out so college should know how to treat students specially international students,
I heard bad about College staff same day a lot from current students so I would suggest guys don't go and waste your time there.

ROSHITH

Aug 9, 2017
Hi harnoor

Am also from india. I also plan to join PGDA program at selkirk college on Jan 2018. Could u pls give me ur email id?

jeet1795

Sep 29, 2015
Ambala
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
18 october 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
18 December 2017
I also got offer letter from selkrik college for pgdba for jan 2018 and going to apply for visa in next month.
Every student who is planning for selkrik college for jan 2018 please join this whatsapp group
https://chat.whatsapp.com/I49C3wCZO0kL2GDuWz3krZ

Last edited:

Sahil sangwan

Nov 30, 2017
Hey guys i applied for silkirk college, castlegar,BC for may intake 2018.i want to that is enough part gime jobs to cover our living expences.