+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any number I can call to check on my app status?

Fran81

Mar 18, 2009
It will come soon, I applied from Mexico City on August 8th 2008, got my AOR on August 19th 2008 and I'm still waiting either for an interview date or the PR visa, yeah it sounds pretty fast for the rest of the cases that I've seen here, but it feels exactly the same when you see the days go by and nothing is happening, just be patient and it will come :)

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
There is no way to contact Ciu, sydney. Meaning no phone number or email address. You may write reminders. Caips do not work at this stage as no reference or AOR available. I am in the same predicament, my application sent on 14th jan 2009 and still waiting for response from Novascotia under FSW1 category.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
Good news people. I received a letter from Sydney, NS a few days ago. Now as I prepare for the next stage, (supporting docs for my visa office, Buffalo, USA) I am wondering do I pay the right of permanent residence fee ($490) now or at later stage? From what I understand, I don't think I need to pay any fee now, can someone confirm?

And btw, what does it mean "notarized photocopies"? Is it notarized original forms and photocopy them. Or original forms, photocopy them, and then notarize? Sorry, I am paranoid.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
congrats lakersgo.

i dont think you pay the RPRF until you visa is approved. the fee they're asking for is the application fee, and since you have already paid to NS you just have to send a copy of your receipt.

if you send the original document no need to certify. when you are unable to submit the original documents, you photocopy the document and have the copy certified.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
jtob said:
congrats lakersgo.

i dont think you pay the RPRF until you visa is approved. the fee they're asking for is the application fee, and since you have already paid to NS you just have to send a copy of your receipt.

if you send the original document no need to certify. when you are unable to submit the original documents, you photocopy the document and have the copy certified.
Looks like they are only looking for notarized photocopies and not the original forms. I think the original forms are needed at the last step of the process. I would love to submit the original forms now and avoid another step but it doesn't look like this is what they are asking at this stage.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i dont think they will ask to see the originals for most of the notarized stuff that you send now. at least i havent heard of this as a standard procedure.