+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any number I can call to check on my app status?

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
Applied in the US, sent app early Feb 09, still have not gotten any notice from the Sydney, NS office. I am getting a bit nervous now, not so much that they reject my app but the possibility that my app is lost. Is there any number I can call to verify the receive of my app?

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lakersgo said:
Applied in the US, sent app early last month, still have not gotten any notice from the Sydney, NS office. I am getting a bit nervous now, not so much that they reject my app but the possibility that my app is lost. Is there any number I can call to verify the receive of my app?

Thanks in advance.
No. Come on it was only sent less than a month ago, has your money order been cashed, did you send it recorded delivery?

PMM

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Albermex - his process has different time from yours, so its understandable if he gets nervous when others are getting their reply from Sydney and he is not.

Lakersgo - wait two more weeks before getting nervous. Where are you applying from?

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
So I was told to wait a couple more weeks for a response from the Sydney, NS office. Now is the time. My bank shows that the draft was cashed on Feb 26 and I still have not received anything as of today 3/17. Is there a way I can check the status of my app by phone or online?

C

cchabert

I'll sit and relax, I don't call USICS to find out about my H1B extention, my 2 cents!

Cheers!

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Dear Lakersgo,

You know that your draft was cashed (Thats answers your First question: Your packet reached CIC and not lost). Second question on response from CIC: Buddy dont get nervous things are on track (If you get nervous think of those people in other parts of the world who have been waiting for 5-6 years for complete cycle). Take inspriration from fourm members and join spirit of good faith. U R THERE (Dont worry, Be happy)

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
Well, I understand there are people who waited 5, 6 years for their stuff. I am under the impression that my FSW app should be processed and done in 12 months if everything is lined up correctly. The first time I sent in my app, it was rejected within a month (due to incorrect fund currency) so I know they can reject app in a timely manner. Now I know my draft has been cashed so...can they mail a confirmation of receipt in a timely manner as well? I don't know. I am looking for an answer.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Your confirmation letter and fee payment of receipt will come along with AOR letter cum file number

chow

Sep 23, 2008
lakersgo said:
Well, I understand there are people who waited 5, 6 years for their stuff. I am under the impression that my FSW app should be processed and done in 12 months if everything is lined up correctly. The first time I sent in my app, it was rejected within a month (due to incorrect fund currency) so I know they can reject app in a timely manner. Now I know my draft has been cashed so...can they mail a confirmation of receipt in a timely manner as well? I don't know. I am looking for an answer.
As far I know once they receive your application they will have a quick look at the application and return application if you have missed anything or entered anything wrong.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
chow said:
lakersgo said:
As far I know once they receive your application they will have a quick look at the application and return application if you have missed anything or entered anything wrong.
And if nothing is wrong, how long does it take to receive an initial response?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
i sent my application january 27, they received it feb 4, the AOR was dated feb 12, but i received it only on march 10,

i think they're doing it at a fast rate. the problem is they send it through ordinary post so it takes time to arrive in your address and there's a great possibility of it getting lost along the way.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
I sent mine on Feb. 5, bank draft was cashed on Feb 19, and I have still not heard a word from CIC. So Lakersgo, relax, take it easy. Don't stress yourself out before time. It's on its way. Hopefully.

C

cajoejoe

Hmmm,,,

Once again to make few individuals feel better. :) As i have replied in the forum with time line questionnaires.

Think about this ; applied from California November 5th, 2008 to Buffalo as of today no AOR. I have been pouring myself lemonades and watching the ice to melt until i get my AOR. So buddy,,,, set relax watch few movies about Canada ;).... and stay tuned..

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
don't worry about receiving the AOR from sydney. yours will eventually arrive. what you should be worried about is the visa office stage. they're the ones doing all the checking and verifying and if you check all forums thats where the backlog and the delay is.