+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any March, April, May 2020 still waiting?

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I was wondering if any of you who applied in March, April 2020 or earlier is still waiting on any result. I had applied in March 2020 and still have not received any result yet.

Omair76

Jan 24, 2021
I'm in the same boat as well. But I've applied for my withdrawal two/three days ago. Hopefully they accept the request soon so that I can re-apply again.

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
I'm in the same boat as well. But I've applied for my withdrawal two/three days ago. Hopefully they accept the request soon so that I can re-apply again.
Pls let us know if any update.. I m also wondering whether to withdraw or not.. But I m scared

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Even I was scared! But I've heard of 2-3 people who did this and got their decisions.. so hoping for the best. I will keep you posted dw.
You meant that they withdrew the applications but they've got PPR instead? Or the application was withdrawn and then they applied again?

I'm a July applicant with AIP only and still waiting.

Omair76

Jan 24, 2021
You meant that they withdrew the applications but they've got PPR instead? Or the application was withdrawn and then they applied again?

I'm a July applicant with AIP only and still waiting.
They withdrew and had re-applied
Did you try to contact them through a call?

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Same here July 2020 application! no response yet. Please let us know if the VISA Withdrawal and reapplying works.
Sure. I am trying to do. However, I got a question. For us with a long delay, may it be under background check now? How we can understand this? Did you guys check this through GCMS note or calling to IRCC?

Apr 19, 2021
So I called ircc several times through a friend, but they refrained from giving the details to her as she wasn't my representative. I was planning to submit a form ( representative) to give her my Authorization. But Im worried if that might delay the process further. Also gcms notes I was in the verge of submitting. It's 5 cad but takes 30-40 days to give us some information. Quite clueless.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
So I called ircc several times through a friend, but they refrained from giving the details to her as she wasn't my representative. I was planning to submit a form ( representative) to give her my Authorization. But Im worried if that might delay the process further. Also gcms notes I was in the verge of submitting. It's 5 cad but takes 30-40 days to give us some information. Quite clueless.
Ok. Try to get GCMS note. It may be useful. I already got mine, and eligibility was passed many months ago. Criminality was passed, however, security is blank. Maybe my file is under background check. Despite that, in the security section, s.15(1) is on the right upper corner of the security section under the admissibility section and the following comment was written:

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Family Name: XXXXXX
Given Name: XXXXXX
Type: security

In the following tread, it was explained that it was passed.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

If it is true it means that I passed all steps. But, still I did not get any response since I got the GCMS note in January 2021.

Apr 19, 2021
Ok. Try to get GCMS note. It may be useful. I already got mine, and eligibility was passed many months ago. Criminality was passed, however, security is blank. Maybe my file is under background check. Despite that, in the security section, s.15(1) is on the right upper corner of the security section under the admissibility section and the following comment was written:

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Family Name: XXXXXX
Given Name: XXXXXX
Type: security

In the following tread, it was explained that it was passed.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

If it is true it means that I passed all steps. But, still I did not get any response since I got the GCMS note in January 2021.
If I may ask, roughly how many days did it take for you to get it?