Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
How high is the accepatance rate in university of alberta for master program as international student?
I am an international student in USA and trying to transfer to canada Uni. Any suggestion folks! please do share?
wanting to move to canada i would like to get education from there too, so is there any university that accepts international graduates easily. I have bachelor degree, toefl 98, ielts band 7 general test. hoping to apply right away soon desperately......ANYONE any idea.. please help me

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are a holder of dual nationality then you better show some ties to your country, otherwise if you are a US citizen then you are good to go

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
Obeid_oo said:
if you are a holder of dual nationality then you better show some ties to your country, otherwise if you are a US citizen then you are good to go
Thank you for ur reply but the thing is that i want to know which uni is good to go since i had applied to couple of uni last year but all i got was rejection.
This year i have applied under FSW1 skilled worker and before i get my visa stamped i want to go to canada and continue my studies rather than here in usa. I am not a us citizen i am under international student status.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you will have any problem like I said earlier, just show some ties with your home country , don't forget to mention your status in the US. Try colleges in Ontario, Memorial university , they have a good acceptance rate for students.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
Obeid_oo said:
I don't think you will have any problem like I said earlier, just show some ties with your home country , don't forget to mention your status in the US. Try colleges in Ontario, Memorial university , they have a good acceptance rate for students.
Thank you so much Obeid-oo,i will try these colleges.

bunteeman

Jan 11, 2011
Memorial is a very good university and relatively lot cheaper than any other Canadian University, they offer Quality Post grad education for only 5000 Canadian Dollar per 2 years

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
Thanks buddy!
i was going thro their website i am trying to get into biomedical science which is of my interest but seems its very competitive, does anyone have any idea how tough is it to get acceptance there in memorial uni?
bunteeman said:
Memorial is a very good university and relatively lot cheaper than any other Canadian University, they offer Quality Post grad education for only 5000 Canadian Dollar per 2 years

bunteeman

Jan 11, 2011
Are you applying for MS program(Thesis Based), for this 1st you will have to find a prospective supervisor with whom you share your research of interest, after that you will send him your synopsis(research proposal) and will ask him/her to get you a place in their lab, if the supervisor agrees to give you a place in his/her lab then it will be lot easier for you to get admission in Memorial

You can also chat with a representative of memorial on their website who comes online from 9-10:30 am, he/she will properly guide you for the whole admission process

Here is the link munlive. ca/graduate.php

remove space between munlive and ca

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
Thanks i really appreciate ur response, yeh i am trying to apply on thesis based but i dought if i would be able to make outforthisyear 2011. And for sure i will follow ur guidance chatting with a representative.
And bunteeman i know this is personal matter but its upto u to answer. R u in canada? are u studying there?
bunteeman said:
Are you applying for MS program(Thesis Based), for this 1st you will have to find a prospective supervisor with whom you share your research of interest, after that you will send him your synopsis(research proposal) and will ask him/her to get you a place in their lab, if the supervisor agrees to give you a place in his/her lab then it will be lot easier for you to get admission in Memorial

You can also chat with a representative of memorial on their website who comes online from 9-10:30 am, he/she will properly guide you for the whole admission process

Here is the link munlive. ca/graduate.php

remove space between munlive and ca

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
string11 said:
How high is the accepatance rate in university of alberta for master program as international student?
I am an international student in USA and trying to transfer to canada Uni. Any suggestion folks! please do share?
wanting to move to canada i would like to get education from there too, so is there any university that accepts international graduates easily. I have bachelor degree, toefl 98, ielts band 7 general test. hoping to apply right away soon desperately......ANYONE any idea.. please help me

Hi String11,
Is it possible to apply for student Visa when your PR application is in process, i am afraid you will just be rejected. I do not know how it works. My PR is also in process, i am thinking of applying for student visa, but do not know how it works.

Please help advise me .

Thanks waiting.

U

umair81

Yep it works 1000%

at the time i applied for study visa i had not one but 2 PR apps in process.

u r good to go... ur apps will ne delt seperately..

dual intent is perfectly leagal for canada.

all u have to show is that u will return after completion of ur studies.. whatever happens after that. .they dont bother.

just prove than u will return after studies,.

CHEERS :)

U

umair81

YAAR I GOT into UOA.. following are my credentials

BE... 4 YEAR CGPA. 2.74.
MS 2 YEAR CGPA 3.52,

as they want 3 min gpa for last two years of studies so they considered my MS grades not BS and got in preety easily.

hope it helps.

no ielts, no gre.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
hi canadaforall!
i don't have anyidea about this but just getting help from this forum, now i am planning to apply as student for continuing my education there before i actually migrate.
canadaforall said:
Hi String11,
Is it possible to apply for student Visa when your PR application is in process, i am afraid you will just be rejected. I do not know how it works. My PR is also in process, i am thinking of applying for student visa, but do not know how it works.

Please help advise me .

Thanks waiting.

sh4ggy

Aug 4, 2010
hello... been through memorial uni site.. why do they ask for ..> At least one letter of appraisal must be by an academic referee, and for graduate programs in Business Administration (Master's only), Education, Social Work (Master's only), and Employment Relations, at least one must be by a professional referee.

One isn't enough? Why do they need 2 ? :/