+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any hopes left for 400+ aspirants?

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After seeing the first draw results, I must say that I am totally dejected and have almost lost hope of my Canadian dream coming true.

EE system has set the bar so high :-[

Btw, My score is 443 (exactly half of the minimum score picked from first draw which is 886).

Guys, please share your thoughts on the future prospects of receiving an ITA.

Need a pill to stay in the game and keep my Canadian dream alive :(

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is obvious that this draw was CEC only... It sounds perfectly logical from my perspective, since there is still huge backlog of FSW applicants under old stream, and they need to clear it out before they issue any FSW-based ITAs... i just hope it will happen before second half of the year, but we will need to wait and see... The best option is to follow FSW 2014 timeline, and then we will be able to know when to expect FSW draw... in that draw, 443 should be a good score.

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the launch of Job Match should bring in some hope...Only God knows when will that happen :'(

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
Another poster said he got it under FSW. It is score based, i.e above 886 - not category based.

Regarding hope, suggest you just hold tight, look for jobs if possible (but stay calm), explore PNP options, and then see how the EE system evolves. The Government is also reviewing how they will manage this so everyone is in the same boat in terms of hanging tight and trying to remain calm. Look at other countries too.

Good Luck.

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
boske83 said:
It is obvious that this draw was CEC only... It sounds perfectly logical from my perspective, since there is still huge backlog of FSW applicants under old stream, and they need to clear it out before they issue any FSW-based ITAs... i just hope it will happen before second half of the year, but we will need to wait and see... The best option is to follow FSW 2014 timeline, and then we will be able to know when to expect FSW draw... in that draw, 443 should be a good score.
I am a CEC applicant with 436. I am on LMIA exempt workpermit. Just relax this is first draw and conclusion from this is not even fair. Trust me getting an LMIA is a nightmare to any employer, because I went in that process unfortunately got rejected, later came on ICT.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly... you are completely off...I know more than a dozen CEC applicant and none qualified, its not CEC its LMO and PNP guys who got it (impossible to get 886 without these)

wolfey

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
dont let the high looking score fool you. ya 800s look high, but if you take lmias out of picture the people with points from 500 to 800 would be quite low, in fact i dont thing points between 600 and 700 are possible bare the odd rare case and 700 to 800 would be quite small too.
500 to 600 is going be another small number too. so really the real battle for ita will be in the 350 to 500 bracket as highest number people would be under this. anything 500 up id would presume will get called.
Numbers would depend on how many lmia and pnp are issued in each given month too , but with waiting times getting longer for these that sould not effect next few draws only people who have already aquired them.
if less then 800 people picked can knock max points from 1200 down to 868 or what ever it shows there is not a large number of these .
Once highest ranking falls below 800 in a given draw it will quickly fall onto the 500s and less rankings. :D ;D

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said wolfey

I completely second your thought of high competition in the 350-500 points bracket. This is where the NOC will come into play.

chorookie

Dec 7, 2014
wolfey said:
dont let the high looking score fool you. ya 800s look high, but if you take lmias out of picture the people with points from 500 to 800 would be quite low, in fact i dont thing points between 600 and 700 are possible bare the odd rare case and 700 to 800 would be quite small too.
500 to 600 is going be another small number too. so really the real battle for ita will be in the 350 to 500 bracket as highest number people would be under this. anything 500 up id would presume will get called.
Numbers would depend on how many lmia and pnp are issued in each given month too , but with waiting times getting longer for these that sould not effect next few draws only people who have already aquired them.
if less then 800 people picked can knock max points from 1200 down to 868 or what ever it shows there is not a large number of these .
Once highest ranking falls below 800 in a given draw it will quickly fall onto the 500s and less rankings. :D ;D
Totally agreed. Why don't people realize that there is probably a huge gap between 500~800 points (not saying that there aren't anyone with that score but probably minimal). If I was CIC it would seem funny to me if I saw someone with 600~800 points. Why? Because 600~800 points means < 200 points without the 600 points from LMIA or PNP. The whole point of giving an LMIA is because the employer cannot find a Canadian who is qualified for that position. Yet, you only have 200 points but is considered to be more qualified than any other Canadian for that position? Just seems weird to me...

Anyways, many people seem to be panicking and giving up from the start. If you can get an LMIA or PNP then great, you are guaranteed an ITA in the first few months. If not only time will tell so just relax.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the first draw was purely people with LMIA's or PNP nominations. Can't be many of them left in the pool now and considering how long they take to be approved, the next couple draws are probably going to have to be for lower points..

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys,
do you think it is possible that all 779 people which have received ITA actually has valid LMIA?

My understanding is that LMO is not LMIA, which makes LMOs invalid for the 600 points bonus... Also, I can see that all classes - FSW, FST and CEC do require LMIA which is for permanent, full time position in NOC 0, A and B - yet some really low scores (286 CRS points) were drawn... that means either ECA was not performed, or that the LMIA provided is for NOC C and D jobs...

also - when you fill in the EE profile (I still wait for my IELTS results, will fill mine in a week) - is anything validated? By anything, i mean - IELTS, ECA, and LMIA/PNP number... I am asking this because in case it is not validated, people could have made mistakes with adding LMO or NOC D 1-year LMIA numbers, and they receive 600 points, which will be removed during application process and they will be penalized because of misrepresentation (i don't say it is misrepresentation, it is confusion and downside of fully electronic system).

Can someone from CEC class advice on this? My feeling is that is it almost impossible to get LMIA for NOC 0, A or B (1200 issued in 2014 for last year), yet some people still claim that they have LMIA and they were not selected in this draw mainly because no education, or no education evaluation...

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
guys,
do you think it is possible that all 779 people which have received ITA actually has valid LMIA?

My understanding is that LMO is not LMIA, which makes LMOs invalid for the 600 points bonus... Also, I can see that all classes - FSW, FST and CEC do require LMIA which is for permanent, full time position in NOC 0, A and B - yet some really low scores (286 CRS points) were drawn... that means either ECA was not performed, or that the LMIA provided is for NOC C and D jobs...

also - when you fill in the EE profile (I still wait for my IELTS results, will fill mine in a week) - is anything validated? By anything, i mean - IELTS, ECA, and LMIA/PNP number... I am asking this because in case it is not validated, people could have made mistakes with adding LMO or NOC D 1-year LMIA numbers, and they receive 600 points, which will be removed during application process and they will be penalized because of misrepresentation (i don't say it is misrepresentation, it is confusion and downside of fully electronic system).

Can someone from CEC class advice on this? My feeling is that is it almost impossible to get LMIA for NOC 0, A or B (1200 issued in 2014 for last year), yet some people still claim that they have LMIA and they were not selected in this draw mainly because no education, or no education evaluation...
I love logic.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
boske83 said:
guys,

I also think lots of people are in a world of hurt after finding out LMO is not LMIA. Or maybe it is. I don't know.

Nothing is validated at EE profile stage; but later when they process the files. So you have to account for each point which you filled in the application. You can lie at profile stage but you will end you banning yourself later on if you lie.

NOC 4 digit code itself tells if a job is NOC A, B, C or D. So CEC would not have allotted points for NOC C and D. Besides they will have simple filters to not issue ITAs for this.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
I also think lots of people are in a world of hurt after finding out LMO is not LMIA. Or maybe it is. I don't know.

Nothing is validated at EE profile stage; but later when they process the files. So you have to account for each point which you filled in the application. You can lie at profile stage but you will end you banning yourself later on if you lie.

NOC 4 digit code itself tells if a job is NOC A, B, C or D. So CEC would not have allotted points for NOC C and D. Besides they will have simple filters to not issue ITAs for this.
if nothing is validated, what prevents someone from creating EE profile with ECA-like number for ECA, and IELTS-test-like number for IELTS, as well as LMIA-like number for LMIA? ... i am thinking on consultants, which want to learn procedure, therefore they do not care about being rejected or banned in later stages when validation comes...

i am just trying to understand the logic behind EE... i am also positive that in next few draws candidates with 440-450+ will receive ITAs, but I would really feel more comfortable if I know I am in CRS competition with real people, and not bots, consultants and people which do misrepresentation just because they are not informed of the process in details...

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
boske83 said:
if nothing is validated, what prevents someone from creating EE profile with ECA-like number for ECA, and IELTS-test-like number for IELTS, as well as LMIA-like number for LMIA? ... i am thinking on consultants, which want to learn procedure, therefore they do not care about being rejected or banned in later stages when validation comes...
Absolutely agreed. This system, the first step itself, is ripe for fraud. People can create profiles with 1000+ scores. I know CIC does IP-checking and all; but there should be some kind of validation in first step itself. People can upload fake documents too. There should be some kind of small fee to prevent misuse of this step.