+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any first hand experiences at Los Angeles, Canadian Consulate

RaviCKota

May 7, 2012
Dear All,

Does anyone have first hand experiences at Canadian consulate in Los Angeles, California, USA. How long does it usually take for getting the tourist visa ,processing done and getting the passport back. I'm planning to appear in person at Los Angeles location, next week, but I'm not sure how long I would need to be in LA for collecting the passport. I heard about people getting back their stamped passport in a day or two. But is this the case all the time.

Could anyone share their experiences, so that I can plan how long I need to take off and plan my stay. I need to get the tourist visa at the earliest, as I need to go to Canada during the month end.

Thanks
RK

tobyk

May 2, 2012
I sent in my application package on apr 24 and still waiting for it to be returned. but i saw someone who got it back in 10 days recently.

Ironman2012

May 19, 2012
Hey RaviCKota, did you end up applying in person at the LA Consulate? Could you please share your experience? I am thinking of doing this sometime next week.

canada1029

Oct 4, 2012
I am asking a friend of mine in LA to drop my package over inperson(As a Representative).

1) Could someone tell him much time he would be expected to be there?

2) Is there any thing that he needs to watchout for?

3) Can he expect to get the Passport back in the same afternoon or the next one?

Thanks
Canada1029