+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any else still waiting?

nedsden

Aug 25, 2016
My daughter has been given a place at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario for the 3rd year of a 4 year MGeol Course which began 1st September 2016. She submitted a Study Permit Application on 1st July 2016 (via cic website) and has still not had a response as to whether it has been processed (either successfully or unsuccessfully).

She has subsequently submitted a Case Specific Inquiry (29th July 2016) as the 2 week processing time stated in the cic website had lapsed and we have had no response except a ‘CONFIRMATION’ e-mail. When she checks the status of her application it just results in ‘OPEN’ (so we know that it has at least been received).

To date (12th September 2016) she has heard nothing from Immigration and as you can imagine, with her course already started we are a little more than concerned.

As the cic website only deal in webforms, how can I find out, either way, whether or not her Study Permit will be processed?

Tullyja

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I am and I have the same 'OPEN' status as your daughter. My classes began on Sept. 6th.

From what I've seen, it's pointless contacting CIC, they don't normally respond and if they do it's usually some generic rubbish that can't help you.

If you haven't done this already, you/your daughter needs to contact Queen’s University and tell them what's going on. If you had already paid your fees, you need to know if you can defer to another date or read up on the refund policy to see how best to handle the situation money-wise..

I had to contact my program director this morning to give up my place, because money will be deducted from my fees if I cancel after today.

Good luck to you.

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
I am in the same boat as well... applied online since June 2nd. The application is open and no response. I was asked to undergo medical on Jul 21st which passed on August 05th as a result of an email. Then on August 30th I received another system generated email saying my application is updated and I mus sign in to see status & messages for more information. When I logged in there was nothing different.