+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Changes in PGWP- International Students

pardeepkumar

Mar 11, 2019
Hi,

Is there any new changes happened in PGWP for international students. like students who did one or two-year diploma from DLI institute is eligible for 2yr PGWP and who did more than 2yr study is eligible for the 3yr work permit.

Please let me know if there are any changes done by IRCC.

Thanks

gagan77778

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,
Actually my friend was studying in a 3- year business diploma program and after 1st semester, he fell short of sone marks to fulfil the promotion criteria and college changed his course to a 2-year business program. Now, he feels good with the 2-year program but he is confused about his post graduate work permit.
As, he was scheduled to complete his studies by April 2021 and then apply for post graduate work permit whereas now he will complete his studies by April 2020. So he is worried whether there be any problem regarding his work permit or future permanent residency?
Please help if anyone knows more on this type of situation. Thanks!!

kevingoku

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi,
Actually my friend was studying in a 3- year business diploma program and after 1st semester, he fell short of sone marks to fulfil the promotion criteria and college changed his course to a 2-year business program. Now, he feels good with the 2-year program but he is confused about his post graduate work permit.
As, he was scheduled to complete his studies by April 2021 and then apply for post graduate work permit whereas now he will complete his studies by April 2020. So he is worried whether there be any problem regarding his work permit or future permanent residency?
Please help if anyone knows more on this type of situation. Thanks!!
No, they don't check your marks or anything of that sorts. If his/her college gives a certificate showing the candidate has completed 2 years of education in Canada. He/She is eligible for 3 years of PGWP. That's it!

gagan77778

Apr 26, 2019
No, they don't check your marks or anything of that sorts. If his/her college gives a certificate showing the candidate has completed 2 years of education in Canada. He/She is eligible for 3 years of PGWP. That's it!
Thank you so much.
Appreciated!!