+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any chances for an outland draw?

thassim

Jul 13, 2017
Guys, my CRS is 468. I missed the ITA on 23 Dec 20' due to the tie-breaker rule. I am waiting for another Outland draw but there has been none for nearly 5 months! It's frustrating as my IELTS will expire on June 30th 21. Any probability of there being a draw before June 30th? TIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, who knows. With the current PR pathway program of 90,000 spots announced, the government is in no rush for open draws. If they can meet their quotas with inland applicants, they will do so. When there is one, scores may be in the 470s.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys, my CRS is 468. I missed the ITA on 23 Dec 20' due to the tie-breaker rule. I am waiting for another Outland draw but there has been none for nearly 5 months! It's frustrating as my IELTS will expire on June 30th 21. Any probability of there being a draw before June 30th? TIA
It's really anyone's guess. However most of us here think it will likely be later this year before the FSW draws restart - so probability there will be a draw by June 30th is low.

If the draw does restart in June, a score of 468 will almost certainly be too low to be selected. A large number of applicants have built up in the pool and many of us are expecting the first round of selections to be for those who have scores of 480+ (unless IRCC issues a very large number of ITAs). Subsequent draws will most likely stay 470+ for a while (again, unless IRCC issues a very large number of ITAs or very frequent draws).

There are also some fairly strong indications the federal government is going to be revisiting the EE program structure. Absolutely zero details available at this point. However this could include a switch to a NOC list (like it was before). If this happens, it's possible the FSW draws won't restart at all and they will wait until this new program is in place. Again, really impossible to say.

I would recommend you do the following:
- Take another IELTS test
- Look at other options for immigrating (e.g. PNP)
- Consider ways you can increase your score (e.g. learn French, additional education, etc.)

thassim

Jul 13, 2017
Thank you both for responding. I will redo my IELTS, try improving my score to 471 and hope for the best.

thassim

Jul 13, 2017
It's really anyone's guess. However most of us here think it will likely be later this year before the FSW draws restart - so probability there will be a draw by June 30th is low.

If the draw does restart in June, a score of 468 will almost certainly be too low to be selected. A large number of applicants have built up in the pool and many of us are expecting the first round of selections to be for those who have scores of 480+ (unless IRCC issues a very large number of ITAs). Subsequent draws will most likely stay 470+ for a while (again, unless IRCC issues a very large number of ITAs or very frequent draws).

There are also some fairly strong indications the federal government is going to be revisiting the EE program structure. Absolutely zero details available at this point. However this could include a switch to a NOC list (like it was before). If this happens, it's possible the FSW draws won't restart at all and they will wait until this new program is in place. Again, really impossible to say.

I would recommend you do the following:
- Take another IELTS test
- Look at other options for immigrating (e.g. PNP)
- Consider ways you can increase your score (e.g. learn French, additional education, etc.)
Redid my IELTS & secured CLB 10 and re-entered the pool with 474. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: AishB