+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SooMazi said:
Thanks Turkey2013, I sure hope so! I ordered the GCMS notes last month and they should come by the end of next week (hopefully). So there is still a chance for some good news before Christmas.
Your welcome, I did the same too but ordered them on the 25th of november, it takes 30 days so I don't know when I will receive them. When did you order yours ???

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi Turkey,

Do you know any link that explains the GCMS process for spouse application? I am going to apply in 3 weeks from now and I want to be sure I am doing it the right way.

Thanks.

Turkey2013 said:
Your welcome, I did the same too but ordered them on the 25th of november, it takes 30 days so I don't know when I will receive them. When did you order yours ???

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnazzz said:
Our application status has been changed to IN PROCESS (since Dec 06) ;D
So happy for you Farnaz. I have to be the next...

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hi Turkey,

Do you know any link that explains the GCMS process for spouse application? I am going to apply in 3 weeks from now and I want to be sure I am doing it the right way.

Thanks.
Hi SubZero!

Here is the link and it is a video of the step by step on ordering it!! If you need anything else just ask, I will try to help you!

http://goo.gl/zl3UP

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Turkey 2013... do you think it would be worth it for me to get it or just to wait it out?

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Turkey2013 said:
I ordered mine five days before you :) So I'm hoping to receive them by Friday of next week. Maybe you will get yours sooner on 23 December? Or if not probably after Boxing Day. I think I read that you applied for them before, right? In your experience after the date you applied for them, when were the notes generated (the date they pulled the info on the file)? I've heard that some people see the notes are generated a week after they apply but then they sit and get "old" for three weeks before they are sent by email.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Hey Turkey 2013... do you think it would be worth it for me to get it or just to wait it out?
You know what, I have read so many threads and lawyers advices of their internet sites, and everyone agrees that GCMS notes should be asked after the AOR sponsorship has been approved! Besides, it only costs 5$ and takes 30 days to arrive, out of curiosity and to learn the different govt blabla I would!!
SooMazi said:
I ordered mine five days before you :) So I'm hoping to receive them by Friday of next week. Maybe you will get yours sooner on 23 December? Or if not probably after Boxing Day. I think I read that you applied for them before, right? In your experience after the date you applied for them, when were the notes generated (the date they pulled the info on the file)? I've heard that some people see the notes are generated a week after they apply but then they sit and get "old" for three weeks before they are sent by email.
I had already applied for them a month before the interview, the only thing they started working on was the medical which was in process and of course the sponsorship approval, it had nothing about relationship, criminal, nothing it was empty....(4 weeks later they called for the interview)I am sure they did not even look at it because at the interview seemed like they never looked at it. Anyways so in the GCMS notes I verified my info that was on, so I had the chance to verify if everything that was entered was right and that is what you should do for the initial step....It does not at all affect the time or the process of the application. You know it is hard to say why some have their cases with a lot of notes and others it never started! But I guess it depends of the VO and the time he spends on your file and infos they have or need...Hope it helps!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decision Made does not mean that Visa is issued.

You could only understand that your visa is granted when they make a Passport Request.

Ankara is usually making PPR by e-mail, or if the applicant is in Turkey they do it by phone too.

They may not issue visas in the second half of December because of the worldwide quota and X-Mas break.

I wish everyone Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year and of course Good Luck on your application process.

bahareh_h2013

Nov 19, 2013
Hi everyone.
My husband sent all of our documents for a sponsorship case to CPC in Mississauga on Oct, 30th. It's 41 days and yet there's no news. I wanna know is it ok to take so long? Is it normal?
I would appreciate if you guys share your experience cause I'm a little bit worried. Tnx.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Turkey2013 said:
I had already applied for them a month before the interview, the only thing they started working on was the medical which was in process and of course the sponsorship approval, it had nothing about relationship, criminal, nothing it was empty....(4 weeks later they called for the interview)I am sure they did not even look at it because at the interview seemed like they never looked at it. Anyways so in the GCMS notes I verified my info that was on, so I had the chance to verify if everything that was entered was right and that is what you should do for the initial step....It does not at all affect the time or the process of the application. You know it is hard to say why some have their cases with a lot of notes and others it never started! But I guess it depends of the VO and the time he spends on your file and infos they have or need...Hope it helps!
That makes a lot of sense, thanks! :) I just hope that when I ordered them on 20 November, they didn't access the GCMS file too quickly and then that information sits there until 20 December. I've heard before people saw on their GCMS papers that the government worker accessed their immigration file on the GCMS system one week after they ordered them - but then it didn't get emailed out for another three weeks. So info was 3 weeks old. Anyway, I'll just have to sit tight and wait!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
bahareh_h2013 said:
Hi everyone.
My husband sent all of our documents for a sponsorship case to CPC in Mississauga on Oct, 30th. It's 41 days and yet there's no news. I wanna know is it ok to take so long? Is it normal?
I would appreciate if you guys share your experience cause I'm a little bit worried. Tnx.
Hi bahareh_h2013. Did your husband write an email address on his part of the immigration forms? This is the fastest way for CPC to get in contact with him (otherwise it is by regular post mail). Has he not heard anything at all? Did they send him an "acknowledgement of receipt" (a letter/email that says CPC has received and started to work on the application)?

Every case is different so it is difficult to say what is normal and not normal with the immigration process some times. If you are both really concerned maybe you can try to speak with someone at the CPC call centre - 1-888-242‑2100

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galip said:
Decision Made does not mean that Visa is issued.

You could only understand that your visa is granted when they make a Passport Request.

Ankara is usually making PPR by e-mail, or if the applicant is in Turkey they do it by phone too.

They may not issue visas in the second half of December because of the worldwide quota and X-Mas break.

I wish everyone Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year and of course Good Luck on your application process.
Do you know where we can find information on the world wide quota? I am wondering if it is met and if any of us who are "in process" will hear anything before the New Year...

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahareh_h2013 said:
Hi everyone.
I believe the timeline for Sponsorship approval is only 27 or 28 days. If you have not heard anything I would be getting in touch with someone at CPC Mississauga. Did you send the application via regular mail or courier? If you sent it by courier, did you get a tracking number? That way you can verify it is at the office for sure or not.

I would be calling them for sure!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Do you know where we can find information on the world wide quota? I am wondering if it is met and if any of us who are "in process" will hear anything before the New Year...
The government mentions "targets" but not "quotas". Meaning it's a number they are striving to get (at/around).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/non-economic.asp

However, what's interesting here is the "target" they give for Ankara (1,100) is lower than what was actually processed based on data here: http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3
(which said +1,400 spousal applications were processed July 2012-June 2013).