+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Blue Guy said:
Thank You Again for all your feedback. I have checked the website and in the first section under "sponsorship application status" it states "Decision Made" and under " permanent residence application status" it says " Application Received".
So is it just a waiting game now?

1.Is it too early to request for the GCMS notes now? Or probably they havent event looked at my file yet?

2.Are there any who is in the same time frame as me?

3. If my wife has moved homes do we have to contact someone and inform them of the address change?
If so what are the steps to do this? Or is it just a simple Email and tell them the new address?

Thank You
Welcome to our humble abode! It's a really good group of people here :)

Turkey2013, like always, did a good job of answering your questions.

I will speak to the GCMS notes part of your question. Basically is personal preference if you want them or not. Me personally, I have not ordered them. The reason for this is because the time frame at the moment is 15 months and I have only been waiting 9 months (I say only but it has been a LONG 9 months!). The have updated my status online from "Application Received" to "In process" and "Medical Results Received" so at the moment, I have no concerns on our file. If My time frame goes past 12 months I will order the notes. That is just a personal preference.

Good luck with your application! Hopefully, and God willing, you will be with your wife soon!

Happy to have you here!

The Blue Guy

Jan 5, 2014
Is it bad idea to try to get a visitor visa meanwhile? In the past 2 years ive had to travel 6 times to go see her since she cant come here yet?

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
The Blue Guy said:
Is it bad idea to try to get a visitor visa meanwhile? In the past 2 years ive had to travel 6 times to go see her since she cant come here yet?
She can always try, but you should be warned that it is often very difficult to get a tourist visa while a PR application has been filed.

Your wife will have to show significant proof and evidence that she will return to Turkey before her tourist visa expires. For example: proof of home ownership, proof of business ownership, paid school enrollment, proof of employment + letter from employer stating she is going on vacation and needs to return for her job, return airplane ticket, etc. As you can see, for this reason it is difficult to get a tourist visa as the visa officer will assume since her spouse is in Canada and she has applied to be a permanent resident of Canada she will over stay on her tourist visa.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Blue Guy said:
SooMazi is correct. But, it can show the visa officer that she is trying to see you and that is a positive thing!

Trying never hurt anyone :)

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Blue Guy said:
It's not a good idea to try to get her a visitor visa. If you the spousal sponsorship application already submitted to CIC, 99% her tourist visa application will be rejected.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galip said:
It's not a good idea to try to get her a visitor visa. If you the spousal sponsorship application already submitted to CIC, 99% her tourist visa application will be rejected.
They may have a different outcome. One never knows until they try.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TURKEY2013... Any good news yet??????? :p :p :p ;)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Any Updates? We expect more from Ankara these days. Please start processing August Applicants.
Not yet :( I am waiting ever so patiently but now that it is the new year, my patience is RUNNING OUT!! Come on, Ankara!!!!!!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
TURKEY2013... Any good news yet??????? :p :p :p ;)
Damn NOOOO sweety, I have been checking my emails, plus this site, and cic site NOTHING NADA....I know how you must feel, I am getting impatient too ??? ??? ???

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Damn NOOOO sweety, I have been checking my emails, plus this site, and cic site NOTHING NADA....I know how you must feel, I am getting impatient too ??? ??? ???
Seriously! Especially now that it is the new year and they can process visas like crazy!!! Uhh I don't want to wait anymore :(

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Seriously! Especially now that it is the new year and they can process visas like crazy!!! Uhh I don't want to wait anymore :(
Oufff this is hard, it is like getting near the finish line and feels like someone is going in with a slow motion...and the same time, I feel selfish saying that....go figure!!!

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
They should send email on every ecas update , I check mine every week it gets very annoying.. even if it costs the VO a minute or $5 I think it's obvious everyone's is ok with that, that's something they should really improve on.

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
Hey this might be interesting to look at, while we wait lol ..

"On July 1, 2013, Canada's population was estimated at 35,158,300, up 404,000 (+1.2%) over the last year. This increase was equal to the one observed from July 1, 2011, to July 1, 2012, and similar to the average annual gains for the last 30 years (+1.1%). "

Canada is big in land size, keep those visa's coming if you ask me hahahah

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Ali__2013 said:
They should send email on every ecas update , I check mine every week it gets very annoying.. even if it costs the VO a minute or $5 I think it's obvious everyone's is ok with that, that's something they should really improve on.
I know what you mean, and my response is always ohhh :mad: it has not changed yet....

True that would be a good idea for updates, but I think their yearly budget doesn't include that type of service and besides, if I am not mistaken they work on tight personel...go figure if you add them another task for them to do :eek: