+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An important query who already done from Msc from uk

im$

Jul 9, 2012
Hi guys,
i would like to discuss some issue regarding applying for PG diploma after master, actually i want to settle down in canada and could anyone please suggest me regarding this.
and this is my profile
10th-ssc-78% 2001
10+2-intermediate-72% 2003
bachelors- electronics and communication-59% 2007
masters-electronics and information technology(united kingdom)-2:2 2010

i went to uk in 2008 and done my masters from uk but unfortunately could not able to sustain and came back to india in july 2012 and now i want to do post graduate diploma in canada as i want to settle and i hope this option is good , as i cant apply for another masters in canada as my previous credits does not meet the requirements for applying for masters in canada, so i request all the seniors members in this forum to help me with this and the people who went through this situation in the past.
and one more thing , please suggest me the which intake will be suitable for me and i done ielts in october-2012 with 7.0

VSK

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Did you work in the UK after completing your master's? if so, how much work experience do u have?

im$

Jul 9, 2012
yes i use to work part time during studies and started full time job as the customer experience adviser in retail and telecom industry

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
don't go for diploma courses. you will be refused straight away. go for masters or mphil level.
Visa officer will definitely doubt that why after masters this guy is going for a diploma course

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Why do you say "my previous credits do not meet the requirements for applying for masters in canada"?

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
im$ said:
Hi guys,
i would like to discuss some issue regarding applying for PG diploma after master, actually i want to settle down in canada and could anyone please suggest me regarding this.
and this is my profile
10th-ssc-78% 2001

i went to uk in 2008 and done my masters from uk but unfortunately could not able to sustain and came back to india in july 2012 and now i want to do post graduate diploma in canada as i want to settle and i hope this option is good , as i cant apply for another masters in canada as my previous credits does not meet the requirements for applying for masters in canada, so i request all the seniors members in this forum to help me with this and the people who went through this situation in the past.
and one more thing , please suggest me the which intake will be suitable for me and i done ielts in october-2012 with 7.0
DO NOT apply for any master or post graduate diploma! You will be rejected most likely. You have two options: 1- mPhill(Master of Philosophy) and PhD.

GoldenIrides

Jan 26, 2013
I am kind of caught up in a similar situation...

Why do you think the chances of getting a visa is nil for him for a masters degree in Canada?

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoldenIrides said:
I am kind of caught up in a similar situation...

Why do you think the chances of getting a visa is nil for him for a masters degree in Canada?
The level of master degree is higher than post graduate diploma! Why really this guy want to waste money and time for a certificate which is lower than the one he has already graduated from?(VO's question!). So this makes no sense.People always going for higher education not lower education. Hope you've gotten your answer.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

im$ said:
Hi guys,
and this is my profile
10th-ssc-78% 2001

1. It's perfectly fine to go for PG Diploma after your Master degree. The most important thing is your previous academic performance + proposed course selection. It's no where stated that you can't pursue PG Diploma/Certificate after a Master degree.

im$

Jul 9, 2012
Hi brother enfield,
I am happy to hear one positive response from one of the most senior member of this forum which is you
And bro could u please suggest me the intake and the college and do u think it is better to be on safe side by applying for 2yrs pg diploma with co op training

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
am84pm said:
The level of master degree is higher than post graduate diploma! Why really this guy want to waste money and time for a certificate which is lower than the one he has already graduated from?(VO's question!). So this makes no sense.People always going for higher education not lower education. Hope you've gotten your answer.
But bro, goldenirides is asking about doing MASTERS degree in Canada, not PGDM... and that's my question too.. why can't he do that? Are his only options Phd, Mphil, etc?

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
nevillek said:
But bro, goldenirides is asking about doing MASTERS degree in Canada, not PGDM... and that's my question too.. why can't he do that? Are his only options Phd, Mphil, etc?
if you read the whole thread you understand why I said masters. He already studied masters and now he wants to do PGDM which is 1 level lower comparing to master. In my personal idea yes, the only option is PhD,Mphill becasue these level of studies are higher than master level (What he did last time.)

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
enfield said:
Hi,

1. It's perfectly fine to go for PG Diploma after your Master degree. The most important thing is your previous academic performance + proposed course selection. It's no where stated that you can't pursue PG Diploma/Certificate after a Master degree.
PG Diploma is lower level than of Masters so if you apply for PGD in Computer Sciences your visa will be refused
you may apply for any other PG Diploma like business management but in this case immigration officer will be on view that the selected course is not relevant to your previous qualification and your visa will be get rejected.
2. you no need of IELTS for Canada if you have done MSC from UK.
its better to apply for MPhil or PHD.

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heartbeat said:
PG Diploma is lower level than of Masters so if you apply for PGD in Computer Sciences your visa will be refused
you may apply for any other PG Diploma like business management but in this case immigration officer will be on view that the selected course is not relevant to your previous qualification and your visa will be get rejected.
2. you no need of IELTS for Canada if you have done MSC from UK.
its better to apply for MPhil or PHD.
Totally agreed!

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please read this thread, I will help you and related to this thread. Just some useful information.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-quick-guide-before-applying-for-universitycollege-and-visa-t135407.0.html