waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Nenan said:
hi missmini welcome back Dear friend,wish you the best ,big hug for you too :-* :-*
thank u Nenan, wish u the best too, yeah i tried to stay away, people were already upset and negative, anything i would have said it would have made it worse....i don't like to write negative things or to complain cuz it really does not help....but finally after 84 days my sponsor approval came and i got back my good mood...now we have to send the papers to Quebec and then finally Amman can start working on our application but i know we'll still b in the queue for some time ;)

by the way u guys, i don't think i should expect any AOR from Amman office right? i think i just made a good joke ;):D

N

Nenan

missmini said:
loooool Arezou sweetheart thanks but we need to be realistic :p....let nenan, khalid, mo jo, farahqa and the rest before us finish first ;) let's say until the start of the summer ;) of course i won't b upset and hope u r right but if we manage not to redo the medicals and spent the first Christmas all together in Canada this year it would b great....if not maybe by my brithday or Easter ;) anyway, when it will come will come and it will b more than welcomed :) but hopefully it would come faster than if we were processed through Abu-Dhabi and with less headache and additional documents :-X still it's nice to b officially part of the process with all of u, thank u for all the welcomings, best of luck for all :-*
:-* inshallah not long waiting like us ,I don't want any one suffer like us, the separation is hard

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Nenan said:
:-* inshallah not long waiting like us ,I don't want any one suffer like us, the separation is hard
inshallah maybe this year they will speed up for everyone, old and new :) thanks God we r together i wouldn't stand to wait for this apart cuz we were apart before and i know the anxiety and suffering...now all i hope is to manage to stay together until the visa comes and i really hope it comes soon cuz i really miss the life there, my family, friends, ................. stay strong :-*

N

Nenan

please members who are watching the forum news silently since 2 months ago [size=17pt]please please keep in touch at least with simple word ( Hi ),let us know your status of ppr[/size]

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
Nenan said:
please members who are watching the forum news silently since 2 months ago [size=17pt]please please keep in touch at least with simple word ( Hi ),let us know your status of ppr[/size]
Hi

Still waiting, No news ;D

hera.baker

Apr 29, 2012
Salam everyone,

I applied to sponsor my Iraqi husband in May and received a confirmation from the Canadian embassy in Damascus in early July. I have been living with my husband in Iraq for the past 2 years (once a year for several months I do come to Canada) until early January this year, I came back to Canada to finish up my last semester in University. I contacted the Embassy in Amman several times and no response. My husband several weeks ago got contacted by the embassy in Ankara for an interview. There is still no contact from the embassy in Amman. The embassies are horrible with responding to e-mails. I have several questions:

1. Is Amman responsible for our applications and Turkey doing the interviews?
2. Should I accompany my husband in Turkey?
3. His English is not very strong. He can manage and get by, should he have an interpreter?
4. The lists of the questions asked are sometimes ridiculous. for example, fav movie? We don't have electricity often in Iraq I've probably watched 1 film with my husband and we've never discussed movies as a result. do I need to tell him the things he doesn't know, or just leave it natural.
5. I never photocopied the application and I don't remember details of how much I was getting paid a year ago and when precisely we met, is this going to be problematic?
6. I'm a hijabi, I never sent them pictures without my hijab, should my husband take the pictures and videos of our wedding with him to the interview?
7. How long after the interview do they give the visa?

I really appreciate any feedback. Good luck with all your other applications. It's real hard waiting sometimes! For those living in Iraq, do send my Salams to the motherland ;)

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
Not sure what to do, if you move your question to the other forum, you will get good answers for sure, there are alot of experienced people there.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/damascusspousal-since-jan-2010-or-late-2009-t51197.16020.html

:)

hera.baker said:
Salam everyone,

I applied to sponsor my Iraqi husband in May and received a confirmation from the Canadian embassy in Damascus in early July. I have been living with my husband in Iraq for the past 2 years (once a year for several months I do come to Canada) until early January this year, I came back to Canada to finish up my last semester in University. I contacted the Embassy in Amman several times and no response. My husband several weeks ago got contacted by the embassy in Ankara for an interview. There is still no contact from the embassy in Amman. The embassies are horrible with responding to e-mails. I have several questions:

2. Should I accompany my husband in Turkey?
3. His English is not very strong. He can manage and get by, should he have an interpreter?
4. The lists of the questions asked are sometimes ridiculous. for example, fav movie? We don't have electricity often in Iraq I've probably watched 1 film with my husband and we've never discussed movies as a result. do I need to tell him the things he doesn't know, or just leave it natural.
5. I never photocopied the application and I don't remember details of how much I was getting paid a year ago and when precisely we met, is this going to be problematic?
6. I'm a hijabi, I never sent them pictures without my hijab, should my husband take the pictures and videos of our wedding with him to the interview?
7. How long after the interview do they give the visa?

I really appreciate any feedback. Good luck with all your other applications. It's real hard waiting sometimes! For those living in Iraq, do send my Salams to the motherland ;)

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
aaa2012 said:
Salam,

My cousins husband also got an email from Ankara scheduling and interview. They have not gotten any reply from the Amman VO. I don't know it may just be that Turkey is doing interviews for Iraqis because they are not able to get a visa to Jordan easily.
Please tell us the details of his application.

When did his file reach damascus?

did he redo the medical?

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Hera!

HAVE A LOOK AT BELOW RED NOTES!

"Salam everyone,

2. Should I accompany my husband in Turkey? IF YOU WANT YOU CAN DO IT. IT IS A GOOD WAY TO SHOW THE REALITY OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP.
3. His English is not very strong. He can manage and get by, should he have an interpreter? ONETIME I HEARD THAT YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH OR TURKISH OTHERWISE YOU NEED A TRANSLATOR.
4. The lists of the questions asked are sometimes ridiculous. for example, fav movie? We don't have electricity often in Iraq I've probably watched 1 film with my husband and we've never discussed movies as a result. do I need to tell him the things he doesn't know, or just leave it natural. HE HAS TO CONVINCE THEM THAT YOU ARE REAL SPOUSE. I THINK THAT THEY UNDERSTAND OUR HARD SITUATION. MOST OF US HAVE NOT LIVED WITH OUR SPOUSE FOR A LONG TIME SO THIS KIND OF QUESTIONS ARE MEANINGLESS.
6. I'm a hijabi, I never sent them pictures without my hijab, should my husband take the pictures and videos of our wedding with him to the interview? OF COURSE! YOU NEVER STAY WITH YOUR HUSBAND WITH HIJAB. SO YOU HAVE TO SHOW THEM YOU ARE REAL SPOUSE. HE CAN TAKE THEM (THE PHOTOS) AND IN THE EMBASSY HE CAN EXPLAIN THAT YOUR PICTURES MUST BE SEEN ONLY BY A WOMAN OFFICER.
7. How long after the interview do they give the visa? NOBODY KNOWS!

I really appreciate any feedback. Good luck with all your other applications. It's real hard waiting sometimes! For those living in Iraq, do send my Salams to the motherland ;)"

N

Nenan

Arezou said:
6. I'm a hijabi, I never sent them pictures without my hijab, should my husband take the pictures and videos of our wedding with him to the interview? OF COURSE! YOU NEVER STAY WITH YOUR HUSBAND WITH HIJAB. SO YOU HAVE TO SHOW THEM YOU ARE REAL SPOUSE. HE CAN TAKE THEM (THE PHOTOS) AND IN THE EMBASSY HE CAN EXPLAIN THAT YOUR PICTURES MUST BE SEEN ONLY BY A WOMAN OFFICER.
I was curious for this question,I never took photo with my husband without Hijab because all our photos were taken in public with our relatives,my husband doesn't like pictures very much,do you think this photos without Hijab are necessary to proof the genuine of our marriage.

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nenan said:
I was curious for this question,I never took photo with my husband without Hijab because all our photos were taken in public with our relatives,my husband doesn't like pictures very much,do you think this photos without Hijab are necessary to proof the genuine of our marriage.
It actually makes a difference if you send in photos without a hijab. From a religion point of view, there isn't an issue with this and it is permissible. As long as the other party does not know who you are then it is fine. It works the same way when you go to a photo lab to process your pictures.

In the end, it really comes down to whether you feel comfortable doing it or not; personal preference.

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nenan said:
I AM NOT SURE.
BUT WE HAVE TO BE INSIDE OF THE OFFICER'S MIND AND SEE HOW SHE/HE JUDGE IN THIS ISSUE.
OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS PHOTOS WITH HIJAB AND THEY KNOW THE SITUATION AND BELIEVES OF MUSLIMS. SO DO NOT WORRY IN THIS ISSUE! NENAN :-*

O

Ottawa_2010

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to contact the Embassy in Amman?

Why is it dead?

N

Nenan

Arezou said:
I AM NOT SURE.
BUT WE HAVE TO BE INSIDE OF THE OFFICER'S MIND AND SEE HOW SHE/HE JUDGE IN THIS ISSUE.
OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS PHOTOS WITH HIJAB AND THEY KNOW THE SITUATION AND BELIEVES OF MUSLIMS. SO DO NOT WORRY IN THIS ISSUE! NENAN :-*
:-* ;) I am very optimistic

N

Nenan

Mr. Patient said:
hey guys,
do you now the time frame for Amman and are they still going to speed things up for Iraqi applicants
hi friend can you add your self to Amman chart so we can figure the timeline