+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

American in need of some advice

GEN80s

Jan 22, 2011
Hello everyone, I just returned from over seas and recently got my
internet working again thankfully and I really wanted to get started on
what I need to do to get the process started on immigration to Canada.
I'm not sure where to begin most websites that Ive looked at are confusing
to say the least. I posted on here before coming back and got some great
advice but im not sure what jobs are out there that are sponsored for Americans
I could save and scrimp and make the journey to Canada and do the leg work
even then I'm not sure if any job I find they would offer sponsorship didnt want
it to be a wasted trip. I will be turning 35 at the end of may and I seen some
type of program called work hoiday program for 18 to 35 y/o but im not really
sure if that is really offered to people in America. Im looking In Ontario, around
the Niagara falls area. The tourisum/hospitality something that offers training
to people with limited experience that can possible lead to a position and
sponsorship. I just didnt want to start something with out a crutch to stand
on incase it all goes bad

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if Niagara Falls is a good idea for you. I knew a girl who was from there and she said it is a pretty sad place to be. People only work during tourist season and are unemployed for the rest of the year. If you are looking to go on a work permit, it would be better to look for something less seasonal.

GEN80s

Jan 22, 2011
Didn't know Niagara Falls was a seasonal location for work, thought that would be a place to start looking hmm Im definitely looking a work permit guess I have to look more see if anybody else is hiring or sponsoring in the tourist hospitality trades

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are in that trade already, think about BC and AB. They offer options to be sponsored for permanent residency if you are in those trades even if your job is not considered skilled.

See here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-semi-skilled-criteria.html and here: http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/entry_level/tourism.page?

GEN80s

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks for the websites its still a bit confusing to me on some areas how to apply ect or even what to search for on some things. Dont know, thanks again for the help.

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
I'm currently under a working holiday visa and working in Ontario. be sure of what you want to do and nothing so seasonal because if you dont like your job its going to be a long ride.

GEN80s

Jan 22, 2011
When I was a young adult I spent a good deal of my life around ten years of it working in the Sanitation collection and clean up. So my experience is limited at best. The best I could hope for right now is being apart of a night time light clean up crew or yard and building maintenance in some type of camp ground ect or look for a deckhand on a trawler just have to look and see what areas are available