+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I on the right path for the best chance? (Express Entry/PNP)

jgray95

Dec 8, 2023
Hi all,

Just had a look through the sticky’s which were helpful so much appreciated.

A bit of background: I’m 28 and from the UK. I have both an MA from a university here. So, I have been doing a lot of research into applying for a visa to get permanent residency lately and I’ve applying for relevant jobs across Canada.

I have a potential CRS score of 481 (providing I achieve top scores in the IELTS test). I do know some French, but I don’t think I am currently proficient enough to be able to achieve the scores where it would give me more points.

I have looked into the following options:

1) Try to get through on a PNP expression of interest (I noticed that the only one - I believe - looking for marketing professionals as a priority (10022/11202) is Manitoba. Do I go through with the IELTS test and put an expression of interest through with them or go solely through express entry? Can you do both at the same time?

2) I have had a response from an employer in BC and have found another potential job there that I think I would be a great fit for. I’m confused around BC’s ‘Skilled Worker Stream’ - is this only for people in their program priorities? (Healthcare/Tourism etc.) If I was to get a job offer, would the employer still have to go through LIMA and is this an unlikely route?

3) Do you think it is worth it for me to go ahead with the IELTS test and do you think I have a chance of getting through? I have worked in start ups and had 5 different roles in marketing (one being a CMO position)

4) My final option was to wait for the Working Holiday visas to release again and try to get into one of those - however, my concern is that if I do that and work in a particular province, am I going to screw myself if it’s not in Manitoba because of the potential points deductions if I have to go through PNP still?

Are there any alternatives? What do you think my best route could be? I didn’t know if I got a working holiday visa if there was a way for the employer to keep me on permanently and then get PR that way, but I’m a little confused if LIMA is basically going to make that impossible.

Thanks so much in advance!

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi, you and I have the same noc 10022/11202.
The little i know about BC is employers don't require LMIA to hire internationally, they just need proof to show they've tried to hire locally.
I am also in the queue for MPNP, I applied for their SWO - skilled worker overseas pnp - EE draw, got my LAA and have submitted a full application.
I'll advise you to write IELTS, enter the EE pool, check if you qualify for MPNP or SINP and choose accordingly.