+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am i eligble for CEC or not?

Elan ven

Apr 7, 2013
Hi guys, i am working for a food company as a quality control technician – food processing, (NOC 2211)..and my job descriptions are these....

1. Assist chemical technologist in Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as Veratox Aflatoxin testing, and
2. Sets up, operate and maintaining laboratory instruments such as Conductivity meter, O2 Analyzer, Agtron analyser, Accu Point instrument, and need to perform some on-floor testing on lines such as Vacuum check procedure, Accu point ATP testing, Rapid 3D allergen test, Metal detection challenges.
3. Monitor experiments, makes observations, calculates and records results, and often develops conclusions
4. Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses
5. Receiving supplies into the Chemistry Laboratory inventory and Ensuring the safe storage of chemical materials, Distributing laboratory equipment and materials in the chemistry laboratories in coordination with the other technologists.
6. Performs laboratory tests on organic and inorganic chemicals, analyses test data, They also conduct tests, interpret and analyze data, compile results, prepare reports and present their conclusions.

####BUT MY QUESTION IS THAT, i have a background with accounting related field, and now as i am working in science related field so, does CIC guys can reject my application for this reason. i done a accounting diploma in august 2012.

thank you very much.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There shouldn't be any problems as long as you have qualifying work experience in a skilled position, on top of meeting the other requirements. Good luck :)

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elan ven said:
and second question:- is there any minimum salary requirement?
I don't believe so. If you're making $8/hour as an engineer, that will obviously raise some red flags, but that's an extreme example. Why are you asking?

Elan ven

Apr 7, 2013
because i checked that, average salary for this job title is around $17., thats why i am wondering that this thing can make any affect on application?

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elan ven said:
because i checked that, average salary for this job title is around $17., thats why i am wondering that this thing can make any affect on application?
And how much are you making, if you don't mind me asking?

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't seem like it happens very often, for both things, but some "lucky" applicants do get to go through the whole spiel.

Elan ven

Apr 7, 2013
what kind of document do i need to submit? like(reference letter, job description letter, T4, pay stubs, IELTS, birth certificate) which one is mandatory?
and reference letter and job description letter should be issued with the date of start of job?( or we can take in middle of job).

and what is the ingredients of reference letter and job description letter?

thanx again WHYMEE... :)

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elan ven said:
what kind of document do i need to submit? like(reference letter, job description letter, T4, pay stubs, IELTS, birth certificate) which one is mandatory?
and reference letter and job description letter should be issued with the date of start of job?( or we can take in middle of job).

and what is the ingredients of reference letter and job description letter?

thanx again WHYMEE... :)
No problem buddy. I used to have tons of questions about the application process myself, and I'm still learning new things every day, so I'm just trying to give a little back. :)

As for your questions, have a look at the document check list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf It has all the answers.