+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I better off in Canada?

garcan03

Sep 26, 2007
Just found this forum and it looks good. I started my permanent residency process in the UK this year, and from what I've read the processing times are lengthy at best. I'd like to give a bit of background and then we'll see if anyone has any advice they could share.
My wife has family in BC (he father, step-mum and two half sisters), as far as we can tell this has helped with our points but nothing else. She also studied there for two years 16 to 18, again I don't think this helps. She is also about to qualify as a childs playworker, what are the job prospects in this field? As far as my work background goes I have experience which qualifies us on the points system but I have recently obtained my class 1 truck licence and would like to work in this field, which brings me to my main question, as the processing times are so long we were hoping to find work over there and move sooner, I have applied for a couple of jobs but heard nothing back, are we able to come out on a temporary visa and look for work and if so are we better off for doing this? Any help or suggestions would be great, we're hoping to move to the okanagan area as this is where my wifes family are.

c_j_l_1

Oct 3, 2007
Emigrate2.co.uk is a very useful site that has much information about Canada in general and then all of the provinces separately, which jobs are in demand etc. You are probably best to search the site to see where your qualifications are most needed and then apply for provincial nomination there.
Hope this Helps.

Clare