Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
S15 doesn’t mean security screening. It only tells that normal security related info is hidden as per section 15 and cannot be shared
Thank you. How can we know whether it's under security screening or not?

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hello, All, Hope any one maybe on the follow up
I got S16(2)(c) on the middle of the GCMS notes and still security showing not started!
Any ideas? is S16(1) as 16(2) ? Thanks

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I got S16(2)(c) on the middle of the GCMS notes and still security showing not started!
Google what s16-1 and 2 are

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
A redaction under S16(2)(c) does not mean security should have started. If Security has not started as mentioned in the GCMS then that's the current status. Has Eligibility been passed by an officer?

You can see all the exemptions at https://bit.ly/2XPWQTS

Subsection 16(2) is a discretionary class exemption. It requires that the institution identify how the information would facilitate the commission of an offence, then exercise his/her discretion, in accordance with the intent of the Act and the provision, to determine whether the information should be withheld from disclosure.

If the department wants to claim subsection 16(2) in such a way that does not clearly fall within the three illustrated paragraphs, it must be a situation where the information will cause prejudice in facilitating the commission of an offence. Examples of these could be sabotage, forgery, hijacking, interception of communications, kidnapping, hostage-taking, fraud, spying, possession of explosives.

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
A redaction under S16(2)(c) does not mean security should have started. If Security has not started as mentioned in the GCMS then that's the current status. Has Eligibility been passed by an officer?

You can see all the exemptions at https://bit.ly/2XPWQTS

Subsection 16(2) is a discretionary class exemption. It requires that the institution identify how the information would facilitate the commission of an offence, then exercise his/her discretion, in accordance with the intent of the Act and the provision, to determine whether the information should be withheld from disclosure.

If the department wants to claim subsection 16(2) in such a way that does not clearly fall within the three illustrated paragraphs, it must be a situation where the information will cause prejudice in facilitating the commission of an offence. Examples of these could be sabotage, forgery, hijacking, interception of communications, kidnapping, hostage-taking, fraud, spying, possession of explosives.
Thanks much for the response,

I had eligibility passed since Nov 2019., and criminality feb 2020., I am paper based AOR MAY 2019 . PNP

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I know their definition, but would thought that meant security has been worked on, but my application summary still says Security not stated
There are many applications where eligibility is passed, but security has not been initiated. In most cases, security is a fairly quick process and as per the security manual an average processing takes 110 days, but if an application asunder comprehensive security screening, it may take longer.

It will also depend on whether your security screening is a record check or a comprehensive check. Record checks are fairly quicker and most inland applicants only have a record check.

Also, security screening is initiated by IRCC when it sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. Currently there are many application for which SS has not been initiated.

To know if your application is under comprehensive security screening, you can see the activities in your GCMS notes. If it has been more than 3-4 months since your security started, and you see only 1-2 security activities in GCMS, then you may be in comprehensive security screening.

To read on security screening, see https://bit.ly/3aI3FxX

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

I had eligibility passed since Nov 2019., and criminality feb 2020., I am paper based AOR MAY 2019 . PNP

Thanks
Got it, thanks for the clarification. Paper based application do take longer. Hopefully things move along soon for you. All the best

Luvcanada786

Jul 22, 2020
Is it normal getting s.16(1)(c) and s.16(2)(c) codes in GCMS?
Eligibility is already been passed and Security not started.
Please advise

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019

Thanks
Hi what’s the latest with you application? I also have s16(2)c and security not started . Paper based application under Quebec business class . Pls do respond. Tnx

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Hi what’s the latest with you application? I also have s16(2)c and security not started . Paper based application under Quebec business class . Pls do respond. Thnx