+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alternate To Employer Reference Letter

ak207

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You can claim points regardless of the employer's current status. You will need a valid work reference letter which mentions your employment details including job responsibilities (which closely match the chosen NOC) or a notarized declaration from ex-colleague/supervisor along with other evidences of employment.
I know my supervisor, what should i asked him to so that i can prove my experience

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak207 said:
I know my supervisor, what should i asked him to so that i can prove my experience
A signed declaration from their end which explicitly mentions all relevant employments details as required by CIC. This should be notarized as well.

ak207

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
A signed declaration from their end which explicitly mentions all relevant employments details as required by CIC. This should be notarized as well.

Thanks Asivad for your quick response, this really helps

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Asivad Anac said:
If the ex/closed employer has still provided reference letter and a declartion on the company letterhead, will that suffice??

I mean that doesn't need to be notarized and pnp and cic wont enquire about how come company has been closed and I could still provide ref letter on the letterhead.

I m not sure how I might be sounding, but this popped up in my mind as it is!! Pls guide.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:
If the ex/closed employer has still provided reference letter and a declartion on the company letterhead, will that suffice??

I mean that doesn't need to be notarized and pnp and cic wont enquire about how come company has been closed and I could still provide ref letter on the letterhead.

I m not sure how I might be sounding, but this popped up in my mind as it is!! Pls guide.
Possible.

If the employer is willing to provide a back-dated letter on their letterhead. Back-dated to a time when the company was still in existence AND after you left that company. In that case, no need to get it notarized.

CPRaspirant

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Avisad ,

Please suggest from where i can get reference letter from my Collegue notarized, I tried with Notary people nearby to my residence but they refused to notarize the reference letter saying this kindof document dont need notarization.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPRaspirant said:
Hi Avisad ,

Please suggest from where i can get reference letter from my Collegue notarized, I tried with Notary people nearby to my residence but they refused to notarize the reference letter saying this kindof document dont need notarization.

Thanks
Tell them that you need it for immigration purposes. Find a helpful notary elsewhere. Take along supporting documentation that proves that the information in the letter (about your employment, tenure, designation etc) is genuine.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Possible.

If the employer is willing to provide a back-dated letter on their letterhead. Back-dated to a time when the company was still in existence AND after you left that company. In that case, no need to get it notarized.
Hi Asivad,
Certainly , Reference letter on the company letterhead (which ex-boss still had with himself) is current dated in December 2015 along with the declaration letter wherein my ex boss says that I was working at his institute and now the business is closed since October 2014. All on company letterhead.. Is that ok?
Pls guide me as this is leaving me in dicey situation wherein if they don't consider my docs and experience then my experience will fall below 3 yrs.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:
Hi Asivad,
Certainly , Reference letter on the company letterhead (which ex-boss still had with himself) is current dated in December 2015 along with the declaration letter wherein my ex boss says that I was working at his institute and now the business is closed since October 2014. All on company letterhead.. Is that ok?
Pls guide me as this is leaving me in dicey situation wherein if they don't consider my docs and experience then my experience will fall below 3 yrs.
Not ok.

If the business was closed in Oct '14, you cannot submit a reference letter dated Dec '15 on the letterhead. Which is why I said back-dated. Get it back-dated to Oct '14 or earlier than that.

Also the declaration letter need not be on letterhead. It can be on plain paper. Get it notarized as well.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
I believe I am in trouble in that case.

I have already sent my application under PNP to Ontario with the mentioned documents and dates over it.

My application can be rejected!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:

I have already sent my application under PNP to Ontario with the mentioned documents and dates over it.

You might get a lenient case officer so wait and watch.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:

Unfortunately yes, see if you can contact the Province to see if they will accept a 'Letter of Explanation' or Province equivalent to a 'Case Specific Inquiry'. Then see if you can get a back dated letter from your employer and submit this instead.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
what exactly I should tell them now if in case I have to send a LOE or a new back-dated reference letter. pls help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:
what exactly I should tell them now if in case I have to send a LOE or a new back-dated reference letter. pls help
You will be in bigger trouble if you highlight this issue as OINP will likely assume that the letter is doctored as it is dated after the organization ceased to exist. Don't reach out to them at all - wait for them to ask you for an explanation. If they don't do that, count yourself incredibly lucky.

All the best!

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hello,

My ex employer has refused to give me a letter describing my roles and responsibilities , but has replied to my request saying i can send a Self attested letter ( which I will get notorized) and attach my ex managers business card so that if CIC wants to they can contact him.

I am planning to attach this letter from my employer along with my ex managers business card anf the self sttested and notorized letter.

1)Do you think this will cause any issue?

2)Also do I need to show Job discription letter for my spouse as well?
3)How many months pay slip do i need to attach?
4)My offer letter says I am being hired as a Software Engineer but after I joined they renamed the job title as Systems Engineer and is mentioned as such in my relieving letter. Hoping a letter of explanation will solve this confusion

thanks '
Regards
Karishma Kumar