+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

already have Quebec Selection Certificate, but still worried

manilabay

Apr 30, 2008
Hello to all of you especially

I am from Manila, Philippines and I obtained my Quebec Selection Certificate in HK last year. The processing time here in the Philippines for Quebec applicants is very discouraging-50% of cases reviewed in 14 months and 80% in 64 months. Right now, I even don't have the acknowledgment receipt yet.

While waiting, I am still worried of my permanent residence application even I was selected by Quebec by the virtue of CSQ. Please help me guys by giving me definite and absolute answer to whoever knows it. What is the chance of being issued a permanent resident visa by Canada after being selected by Quebec? Is there a chance that Immigration Canada would overturn or revert Immigration Quebec's decision? I am asking this question because I assess myself and it seems that I have not met Immigration Canada's federal skilled worker requirements and documentations but accepted by Quebec. What is the jurisdiction of Canada after being accepted by Quebec? Please help me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

manilabay said:
Hello to all of you especially

I am from Manila, Philippines and I obtained my Quebec Selection Certificate in HK last year. The processing time here in the Philippines for Quebec applicants is very discouraging-50% of cases reviewed in 14 months and 80% in 64 months. Right now, I even don't have the acknowledgment receipt yet.

While waiting, I am still worried of my permanent residence application even I was selected by Quebec by the virtue of CSQ. Please help me guys by giving me definite and absolute answer to whoever knows it. What is the chance of being issued a permanent resident visa by Canada after being selected by Quebec? Is there a chance that Immigration Canada would overturn or revert Immigration Quebec's decision? I am asking this question because I assess myself and it seems that I have not met Immigration Canada's federal skilled worker requirements and documentations but accepted by Quebec. What is the jurisdiction of Canada after being accepted by Quebec? Please help me.
1. Remember most of the refusals are in the first 30% processed.
2. Yes CHC can refuse if you have a Quebec selection certificate. The selection standard is Quebec's not the Federal one that you are compared against.

PMM

manilabay

Apr 30, 2008
hello PMM, so sorry but I didn't get exactly what you said last time.

First, what are you referring to most refusals are in the first 30% processed? Are Quebec-selected applicants included in this 30% processed by Federal immigration? What are the grounds of refusals for Quebec-selected applicants?

Second, what is CHC? Or you mean CIC? Yes, thats what I am talking, I have applied for Quebec Immigration and got selected. I understand that the Federal selection standard is different from Quebec. What are you really trying to say? Does it mean I have a chance to be refused even I was selected by Quebec already? If so, what would be the grounds?

Please help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

manilabay said:
hello PMM, so sorry but I didn't get exactly what you said last time.

First, what are you referring to most refusals are in the first 30% processed? Are Quebec-selected applicants included in this 30% processed by Federal immigration? What are the grounds of refusals for Quebec-selected applicants?

Second, what is CHC? Or you mean CIC? Yes, thats what I am talking, I have applied for Quebec Immigration and got selected. I understand that the Federal selection standard is different from Quebec. What are you really trying to say? Does it mean I have a chance to be refused even I was selected by Quebec already? If so, what would be the grounds?

Please help
1. CIC is Citizenship and Immigration Canada, which looks after the Canadian part, the overseas portion is part of Departmental of External Affairs, and CHC is the Canadian High Commissioner.
2. Yes, Quebec refusals are included in the refusal rate.
3. Federally you can be refused, if something comes up in the background check, medical, criminality, false documents, job description is not what you do etc.

PMM

manilabay

Apr 30, 2008
Hey PMM, thanks for the message.

From what I have heard, Immigration Quebec has its own immigration system and does the credentialing of the applicant's education and work experience. If passed at the evaluation stage and interview, a CSQ is issued. Now the applicant goes to the Embassy of Canada in his country for a visa, does Immigration Canada has to review Immigration Quebec's decision of the applicant particularly the credentials of work and education? If this is so, where is now the power and independence of Immigration Quebec? Also, many said that immigration Canada has only jurisdiction over security and health check of the applicant after being issued a CSQ, so this really confuses me. Please help!

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
manilabay said:
Hey PMM, thanks for the message.

From what I have heard, Immigration Quebec has its own immigration system and does the credentialing of the applicant's education and work experience. If passed at the evaluation stage and interview, a CSQ is issued. Now the applicant goes to the Embassy of Canada in his country for a visa, does Immigration Canada has to review Immigration Quebec's decision of the applicant particularly the credentials of work and education? If this is so, where is now the power and independence of Immigration Quebec? Also, many said that immigration Canada has only jurisdiction over security and health check of the applicant after being issued a CSQ, so this really confuses me. Please help!
CIC takes care of medicals / Criminal backgrounds on their own, regardless of your CSQ, and they can refuse you as PMM said.

Read here, http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-admission.html

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ manilabay,
Quebec is solely reponsible for the SELECTION of its qualified applicants which is usually evidenced with a CSQ while CIC/CHC is solely Responsible for ADMISSION INTO CANADA which is usually evidence with The PR-Visa.
if the documentation u provided to ur BIQ was Genuine, then u need not worry.if medical result wont show sign of inadmissible ailment and u are not a security risk to canada, then u need not worry. send ur federal application. You are 75% through with the whole process

aymustapha

Mar 22, 2011
Hello All

I am very new to this forum and also getting my documents ready for Quebec. I notice that everybody is applying under a specific NOC code and I dont quite understand how to go about this.

Secondly, after sending my documents to the BIQ, do I now have to send fresh forms to CIC to be admitted into Canada. Am really confused on these two issues.

Please can someone clarify this for me.

Thanks

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
aymustapha said:
Hello All

I am very new to this forum and also getting my documents ready for Quebec. I notice that everybody is applying under a specific NOC code and I dont quite understand how to go about this.

Secondly, after sending my documents to the BIQ, do I now have to send fresh forms to CIC to be admitted into Canada. Am really confused on these two issues.

Please can someone clarify this for me.

Thanks
FOR CSQ you can apply under ANY NOC!

Proccess explained in here, follow links to MICC as well.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
hi, im also applying in the same almost finishing the required documents, im here in dubai..pls email me at 07genona@gmail.com, pls give me some inputs especially with the french..mabuhay!

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Hi Maniblay,

I'm in the same situation as you...Quebec skilled worker and just applied for federal today!

Here's what the site says:

If the health of an applicant or that of a family member (accompanying or not) is deemed to present a health or public safety risk or to result in an excessive burden on the health and social services in Canada, the application for permanent residence is rejected, even if a CSQ was obtained.

So yea, technically they can deny you PR even if selected by Quebec, but I don't think it's likely. From what I've read, it's pretty unusual. It just takes a long time, depending on your visa office. Good luck to us! ;D

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
Hiii,

I am new to this, i am planning to apply for quebec selection certificate, can anyone tell about the documents checklist.

Regards,

Akram

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hi manilabay, im also pinoy applying for quebec.... hows your application now?

Ge-one

Oct 18, 2011
Can any body tell me exactly how much points I will get in Quebec Immigration Program ? Do I qualify for Quebec Skilled worker Program ??

Please guide me who knows exactly.

My Details are as follows,

1) Education - MBA from India
2) Age - 28
3) Work Exp - more than 3 Years
4) Relative in Canada - yes ( But not in Quebec)
5) Spouse Education - M.Sc
6) Age - 28
7) Work exp - 4 Years
8) Language - IELTS only (Speaking - 5 , Listing - 7, Reading - 5, Writing - 6) French - No knowledge.
9) Fund sufficient.

Can any one tell me do I qualify for Quebec ??

Please help guys ...................

Regards,
Ge-one

coolvanillasky

Star Member
Oct 25, 2011
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Genona, hope all's well. How's it going now? I am also applying gor QSW...I hope we can share and discuss things graciously here :) Goodluck!