+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost there, few more kinks to workout before submitting - require assistance!

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
1. Where to send the application? Is this address correct?
"CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6"

2. If the original police certificate is an electronic copy, will a printed out copy suffice? Also if the police certificate expires 2 months after it’s issued – will this mean its invalid and will be rejected once it’s actually reviewed?

3. Since we have been together for less than 2 years, what does it mean for her to be under Conditional Permanent Residence after being accepted?

4. On the Sponsorship Evaluation form, what does it mean when it asks for “number of family members and person included in undertakings in effect and not yet in effect”? As it is only the two of us, how do I complete this section?

5. On the sponsorship evaluation, it asks for my net income for the past 12 months but I only recently got back to work (2 months as of now) after being away for 1 year. Should I only include my net income for those 2 months? Would that not seem significantly low? There is no prompt nor space to include additional information regarding these answers.

6. If I am not using a representative for my case, then do I need to include form 5476E?

7. When asked on the sponsorship evaluation if I have resided in another country, does a temporary work permit count?

8. In relation to the last question: When asked if I’m currently living in Canada, should I answer as since birth or include my temporary work visa time in Sweden?

9. When filling out form 0008, question #6 asks about your status regarding the Certificat de Selection du Quebec – even though we are applying in Alberta. How do we go about answering this?

10. When filling out form 0008, it asks for her current mailing address: Would this be here in Canada or in Sweden? (Seeing as she is here currently on a temporary work permit)

11. If her Swedish passport will expire in 2017 (the year this is hopefully accepted) will this be a problem? She is returning to Sweden next summer to have it renewed – should we include this information? The application states that the expiration of your permanent residency will depend on your passport expiration or medical examination – will a soon expiring passport affect our application?

12. When providing additional information, should we staple the extra paper to the corresponding form? In addition, can I simply say “see attached” and leave the form blank to refer to the additional space?

13. When filling out Additional Family Information (5406E), each of us need to fill out a copy – correct? In addition, she would be the “applicant” and I would be the “spouse” – correct? Which other forms do we both need to fill out? WHO IS THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT?

Thank-you kindly.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, but I don't have the time to elaborate on my answers, but this will hopefully help:

Firstly, read the Document Checklists carefully. They will list the items that are required for each of you.

1. It depends on whether you are submitting an Inland application, an Outland application, and if you're using a courier.

2. CIC requires originals. How is it that your original is not on paper? If that's the way your country issues them, it might be acceptable. I'll defer to others on this one.

3. It simply means that she will need to live with you for at least 2 years beyond the date that she becomes a PR. This is only an issue is the relationship breaks down, or if one of you travels for more than a couple of weeks without the other person.

4. Are you sponsoring her, or are you both being sponsored by someone else, or applying under EE? If you are sponsoring her, the answer is `1' (her).

5. You can include a separate sheet to explain this.

6. No. Be sure to write NA on teh Document Checklist, so that CIC doesn't think you've overlooked the item.

7. Yes.

8. Your current location.

9. Not sure, but I'd be inclined to say you can skip that one (or write NA).

10. Canada

11. Hard to say.

12. Yes. Be sure to write your name(s), DOB, and UCI number(s) at the top of the extra sheets.Also indicate which form(s) and question(s) this pertains to...because CIC will undoubtedly separate your `attached' sheet(s).

13. No, only she (the Principal Applicant) completes the form. She needs to include you on her form, along with parents (even if deceased), siblings (including step-siblings).

Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
robertj01 said:
2. If the original police certificate is an electronic copy, will a printed out copy suffice? Also if the police certificate expires 2 months after it’s issued – will this mean its invalid and will be rejected once it’s actually reviewed?

8. In relation to the last question: When asked if I’m currently living in Canada, should I answer as since birth or include my temporary work visa time in Sweden?

9. When filling out form 0008, question #6 asks about your status regarding the Certificat de Selection du Quebec – even though we are applying in Alberta. How do we go about answering this?

11. If her Swedish passport will expire in 2017 (the year this is hopefully accepted) will this be a problem? She is returning to Sweden next summer to have it renewed – should we include this information? The application states that the expiration of your permanent residency will depend on your passport expiration or medical examination – will a soon expiring passport affect our application?
To add on for on a few points.

2. It doesn't matter when the PCC states it expires. Provided it was issued after the person left the country, it remains valid; if the person lives in the country, it must have been issued within 6 months of CIC receiving the app.

8. You lived in Sweden, so you haven't lived Canada since birth. Put the date of your return.

9. If you select any province other than Quebec, that question greys out.

11. There is no need to state anything about the passport; it will have no effect on the app. When she gets her new passport, she can just email a copy to the VO to update them.

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
Ponga said:
Sorry, but I don't have the time to elaborate on my answers, but this will hopefully help:

Firstly, read the Document Checklists carefully. They will list the items that are required for each of you.

1. It depends on whether you are submitting an Inland application, an Outland application, and if you're using a courier.

2. CIC requires originals. How is it that your original is not on paper? If that's the way your country issues them, it might be acceptable. I'll defer to others on this one.

3. It simply means that she will need to live with you for at least 2 years beyond the date that she becomes a PR. This is only an issue is the relationship breaks down, or if one of you travels for more than a couple of weeks without the other person.

4. Are you sponsoring her, or are you both being sponsored by someone else, or applying under EE? If you are sponsoring her, the answer is `1' (her).

5. You can include a separate sheet to explain this.

6. No. Be sure to write NA on teh Document Checklist, so that CIC doesn't think you've overlooked the item.

7. Yes.

8. Your current location.

9. Not sure, but I'd be inclined to say you can skip that one (or write NA).

10. Canada

11. Hard to say.

12. Yes. Be sure to write your name(s), DOB, and UCI number(s) at the top of the extra sheets.Also indicate which form(s) and question(s) this pertains to...because CIC will undoubtedly separate your `attached' sheet(s).

13. No, only she (the Principal Applicant) completes the form. She needs to include you on her form, along with parents (even if deceased), siblings (including step-siblings).

Good luck!
1. Applying Outland, through this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp in hopes of faster processing times. Would this then be the correct address?

2. That is apparently how police checks are ordered in Sweden, electronically. Do you foresee problems with this?

3. Does this mean that if she travels without me, for example next year while I am studying and her temporary visa expires, then this will lead to complications in our application?

11. What can I do to find more about this information? Worried this may be the biggest obstacle.

12. Where do I find a UCI number? After paying the fee?

13. But form 5406E asks for copies of each person and 5669 has the option for each type of person, sponsor and applicant, to fill out?

Thank you very much, you're help is is very appreciated!

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
To add on for on a few points.

2. It doesn't matter when the PCC states it expires. Provided it was issued after the person left the country, it remains valid; if the person lives in the country, it must have been issued within 6 months of CIC receiving the app.

8. You lived in Sweden, so you haven't lived Canada since birth. Put the date of your return.

9. If you select any province other than Quebec, that question greys out.

11. There is no need to state anything about the passport; it will have no effect on the app. When she gets her new passport, she can just email a copy to the VO to update them.
11. Where can I find more information on this?

Thank you for your response!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robertj01 said:
11. Where can I find more information on this?

Thank you for your response!
canuck_in_uk is rarely (if ever) wrong.

Which category is she applying under? Is she your spouse, or Common-Law partner?

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
Ponga said:
canuck_in_uk is rarely (if ever) wrong.

Which category is she applying under? Is she your spouse, or Common-Law partner?
I would also like to find information on how to update the new passport. Spouse.

Additionally, I found the "Check your Status" on the government Canada webpage - at what point would we have the information to do so?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
robertj01 said:
3. Does this mean that if she travels without me, for example next year while I am studying and her temporary visa expires, then this will lead to complications in our application?

11. What can I do to find more about this information? Worried this may be the biggest obstacle.

13. But form 5406E asks for copies of each person and 5669 has the option for each type of person, sponsor and applicant, to fill out?
If you are applying to sponsor her as your common-law partner, then once you have lived together for one continuous year, it is OK to be apart. During the one year of cohabitation, any time spent apart should be short. There is no definite answer on how short: one or two weeks would be fine; a month probably would not be.
If you are asking about after she gets her PR visa and becomes a PR, then yes, you two are supposed to live together for two years. Again, short amounts of time spent apart will be OK. And most likely longer time spent apart would also be OK, unless someone complained.

It doesn't matter that her passport will be expiring in 2017. If, when you send in the application, her passport has less than 6 months of validity left, then yes, she should first get a new one. Otherwise, the one she has now is fine.

IMM 5406 and IMM 5669 are both forms for the applicant. They say that the spouse or partner of the applicant should fill them out too - if applicable. It is not applicable in the case of a Canadian or a Canadian PR sponsoring a spouse or partner. They have this wording because CIC also uses these forms for other types of immigration, where both the husband and wife are foreigners. So she fills out both of these forms. You do not. She does have to list you as her husband or partner.