+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hi everyone
I hope everyone is doing fine
I am stuck in a weird situation my family sponsorship application was approved last year before the magic date of 20th March 2020 but because of covid my family could not come to Canada last year .
In this year again my file was reopen where new medical were requested for my wife and kid.
As there was a lockdown between states so my family could not go for their medical to New Delhi and this was already communicated to IRCC via webform.
I have contacted IRCC about the same and I have been informed to go for upfront medical but I was reading everywhere on the web that for family sponsorship application upfront medical is not allowed.
Is that still valid considering the covid situation in India as the response from IRCC New Delhi was asking for upfront medical which I don’t get.
In continuation to the same query my application has my wife and two kids . One of the kid did not receive her IMm1017 for medical , I tried reaching IRCC but on no use till now.
Can anyone in the group can please guide how to go about in this situation
Thanks in advance
If new medical was requested, then that's not upfront medical. Just book an appt with that and explain to them that b/c of lockdown, ur wife was unable to get it done. And btw, u don't have to go to Delhi to get ur medicals. U can do it anywhere recognized by ircc as panel physicians. Just choose the closest one.

Mdnawab

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
I’m unable to access my GCKEY since last few hours. I can login but just after that it signs me back out automatically. Anyone experiencing same issues?

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
If new medical was requested, then that's not upfront medical. Just book an appt with that and explain to them that b/c of lockdown, ur wife was unable to get it done. And btw, u don't have to go to Delhi to get ur medicals. U can do it anywhere recognized by ircc as panel physicians. Just choose the closest one.
Hi
The nearest centre from my place is New Delhi my new medical request got already expired on 19th May.

I have been sending webform to provide me with medical request explaining the inability for my wife to travel to New Delhi earlier .
When I have contacted the New Delhi office it is mentioning about the upfront medical for which I am confused …I have read on several places that family sponsorship people don’t need to do upfront medical but I guess because of COVID things might have changed

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
The instructions for spousal say clearly to not do an upfront medical . Do it early and you just increase chances you will have to redo later. For spousal it's unlikely doing upfront will speed it up.
Hi
I am in the same situation I have read already people under family sponsorship don’t need to do upfront medical but when I am sending a webform they are sending the information to do upfront medical .. which will get attached to the application ..
My family did get one medical request earlier but because of the lockdown between states they could not travel ….
I have been sending webform informing about the same and my latest one was regarding issue of new medical request but each time I send a webform a similar looking email is been sent it so confusing
Are you able to figure out what we need to do in case of family sponsorship…

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
I am in the same situation I have read already people under family sponsorship don’t need to do upfront medical but when I am sending a webform they are sending the information to do upfront medical .. which will get attached to the application ..
My family did get one medical request earlier but because of the lockdown between states they could not travel ….
I have been sending webform informing about the same and my latest one was regarding issue of new medical request but each time I send a webform a similar looking email is been sent it so confusing
Are you able to figure out what we need to do in case of family sponsorship…
I am and was perhaps a bit confused by your actual case. Is this an application you have already submitted, or for one which is in process already? This is a spousal sponsorship application, correct?

Assuming it is an application in process for spousal and you're being asked to do a remedical (and since you referred to an expired medical instruction letter), I think that they are telling you to book a medical examination by telling the medical center it is for an upfront exam.

In other words, saying it is for an upfront exam is the way to get it done without a current medical exam letter. It is not actually an upfront exam. It can't be an actual upfront exam if you've already done a medical under the same app.

I'm only guessing as your case details are not clear nor whether your communications with ircc have been clear.

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
I am and was perhaps a bit confused by your actual case. Is this an application you have already submitted, or for one which is in process already? This is a spousal sponsorship application, correct?

Assuming it is an application in process for spousal and you're being asked to do a remedical (and since you referred to an expired medical instruction letter), I think that they are telling you to book a medical examination by telling the medical center it is for an upfront exam.

In other words, saying it is for an upfront exam is the way to get it done without a current medical exam letter. It is not actually an upfront exam. It can't be an actual upfront exam if you've already done a medical under the same app.

I'm only guessing as your case details are not clear nor whether your communications with ircc have been clear.
Hi
My application was approved last year but because of the covid situation my family did not travel .
In the month of March I was been asked if my family is still interested in immgrating to Canada on which they received their new medical request on 19tb April on which they could not travel to delhi which is the nearest centre from my city .. because of the lockdown
Now when I am sending a webform I have been getting medical instruction about upfront medical and on reading many different sources I am not eligible for upfront medical as my application was family sponsorship
My question here is whether something as change I between because of the ongoing pandemic regarding family sponsorship as I was earlier given medical instruction but now on the response of the web form I am getting different answer
When I called max hospital Lajpat nagar I came to know they need IME letter for booking medical test for family sponsorship and the email which I have received from them also states the same .
If anyone here can confirm whether in family sponsorship upfront medical is allowed or not …
Otherwise we have to wait endless for cic to reply