+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

akshaypatel0709

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Hi friends

my file moved to NDVO in april,

my GCMS note says

incoming correspondence that are provided has been fliped to received in bulk incoming information will need to be revised on next due date.

What does that mean?

Please explain!!

[/QUOTE]

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Friends, I have a family emergency and am required to visit my family. I have gone through some threads on this forum but I am seriously in need of many opinions.

Is it ok to visit my family for few months. Really not sure how many months. My mother is ill and want to be with her.

What is the best thing I should do so as to not affect my spousal sponsorship process ? Do I need to inform IRCC about this ? or is it ok not to ?. Please help.

Info on my timeline -
Received AOR1 and sponsorship approval in Dec 2019.
CSQ approved in July 2020. (Im a quebec resident).
My GCMS notes state that the Sponsor eligibility is complete and passed. However, PA eligibility, security etc not started.

PS:, Sorry, im posting the same question in multiple threads. I just need as many opinions as I can get (I'm in desperate situation.)
If you are a Canadian Citizen U can go ahead on your own live as long as you want.

mm032019

Nov 13, 2019
Firstly, thanks for your reply. I will ensure that I will meet the 2 year obligation and thats not a problem.

With all due respect, may I ask on what basis its fine to travel ?. Have you personally come across anybody who did this and still got their spousal PR. Please, any pointers to credible info will help.
PR holder can't stay outside Canada while the spousal application is in process. ( short trips are okay) That's the rule. Any consultant would advise you the same and even you can look for this info on IRCC
official website.
Now, having said that,... I even came across many people who stayed outside Canada for months without having any impact on their spousal application. This is because neither did they inform IRCC .. nor they were caught. That scenario is different. It doesn't mean its allowed and its the right thing to do. The trouble begins only if they find out. I am sure no one here can claim that IRCC was aware of their absence and still did not have any issues. My opinion is that IRCC doesn't track any sponsors whether they leave the country or not. But still according to the instructions, PR holder MUST be present in Canada throughout the application process.

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
IRCC & Canada In India (NDVO) Ruin Our Anniversary & Birthday Which Are Same On Day Means Today . . . . NDVO Sucks Our Life's

Shanaya91

Jun 10, 2020
IRCC & Canada In India (NDVO) Ruin Our Anniversary & Birthday Which Are Same On Day Means Today . . . . NDVO Sucks Our Life's
Same for us as well , it’s gonna be 2 years birthdays and anniversaries we were never together , I don’t know what els to do expect to wait , with so many fights and misunderstandings and other issues because we are not together. I hope I hope and I pray to all gods I know people who all are suffering like us , god should help us They should open the visa centres soon.this is so depressing and in between this corona

ManishSharma.dev

Jun 14, 2020
Same for us as well , it’s gonna be 2 years birthdays and anniversaries we were never together , I don’t know what els to do expect to wait , with so many fights and misunderstandings and other issues because we are not together. I hope I hope and I pray to all gods I know people who all are suffering like us , god should help us They should open the visa centres soon.this is so depressing and in between this corona
I am on the same page.
NDVO you should need to do something for all the folks who are undergoing the same situation.

harsh732

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
PR holder can't stay outside Canada while the spousal application is in process. ( short trips are okay) That's the rule. Any consultant would advise you the same and even you can look for this info on IRCC
official website.
Now, having said that,... I even came across many people who stayed outside Canada for months without having any impact on their spousal application. This is because neither did they inform IRCC .. nor they were caught. That scenario is different. It doesn't mean its allowed and its the right thing to do. The trouble begins only if they find out. I am sure no one here can claim that IRCC was aware of their absence and still did not have any issues. My opinion is that IRCC doesn't track any sponsors whether they leave the country or not. But still according to the instructions, PR holder MUST be present in Canada throughout the application process.
can you please share the ircc link for this information?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
official website.
Thank you so much. Yes I understand. But I'm in a difficult situation and can not avoid travel.

Therefore, based on all the help that I got in this forum, I have decided I will not stay outside Canada for more than a month (or maximum 2 months). However, I will need to travel frequently. Every couple of months and each time not over stay outside for longer duration.

Please let me know what your opinion is about this.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thank you so much. Yes I understand. But I'm in a difficult situation and can not avoid travel.

Therefore, based on all the help that I got in this forum, I have decided I will not stay outside Canada for more than a month (or maximum 2 months). However, I will need to travel frequently. Every couple of months and each time not over stay outside for longer duration.

Please let me know what your opinion is about this.
I tried to find the info related to this, even under their procedure manual. No relevant information found that says why Permanent Resident sponsors have to stay in Canada, while your spousal sponsorship is in-process. But if you read it repeatedly, the instructions are very confusing.

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor
So now if we think about keeping the PR status valid:

Time Lived in Canada
To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days. See what time abroad counts towards your permanent resident status.

Even if you stay for 6 months to 12 months, I do not think, you will be considered as a permanent resident living outside Canada.

If I was in your shoes, I won't update IRCC about my travel details as that information is not asked once you filled the main application. Hope this will help.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
I tried to find the info related to this, even under their procedure manual. No relevant information found that says why Permanent Resident sponsors have to stay in Canada, while your spousal sponsorship is in-process. But if you read it repeatedly, the instructions are very confusing.

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor
So now if we think about keeping the PR status valid:

Time Lived in Canada
To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days. See what time abroad counts towards your permanent resident status.

Even if you stay for 6 months to 12 months, I do not think, you will be considered as a permanent resident living outside Canada.

If I was in your shoes, I won't update IRCC about my travel details as that information is not asked once you filled the main application. Hope this will help.
Thanks for this amazing analysis. I did the same and I agree no where it is officially stated in IRCC website that sponsor not supposed to travel for long during the process.
It only states you CAN NOT SPONSOR if you are living outside.

But I already sponsored when I was inside Canada.

Anyway, may be on some ambiguous matters such as this, personal and practical experiences may matter

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for this amazing analysis. I did the same and I agree no where it is officially stated in IRCC website that sponsor not supposed to travel for long during the process.
It only states you CAN NOT SPONSOR if you are living outside.

But I already sponsored when I was inside Canada.

Anyway, may be on some ambiguous matters such as this, personal and practical experiences may matter
As long as your travel does not affect your PR status, I think you are good to go. On a side note, you can always keep your phone/Utility/Rent/Car insurance/Car loan as your proof, that you are living in Canada.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
As long as your travel does not affect your PR status, I think you are good to go. On a side note, you can always keep your phone/Utility/Rent/Car insurance/Car loan as your proof, that you are living in Canada.
Yes Infact I would be working remotely for Canadian company.

Reactions: Paul09

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022