Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
APAK said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for my parents super visa! and I need help with the medical insurance bit. they plan to only visit for 2 months.

1. can you please tell me how much it cost you per person for medical insurance>
2. and name of your insurance provider please? Sunlife gave me a quote of 150 per person per month
3. r they refundable? because my parents only plan on coming for 2 months hardly.
4. can I apply for their permanent immigration/sponsorship once they are in Canada on a super visa?

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.
You can calculate this online here, with many insurance provider types, and your own custom choices. Visitors are usually for 3 months but i believe you can specify shorter duration as well.
You should purchase for the period you need upfront. I doubt there are any refunds
https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/

Parental sponsorship opens up in the start of every year and i believe currently there are only 5k in take. It is so competitive that i have heard there are postal companies which charge specially for sending their personnel there at night which stay in queue and submit on your behalf first thing in the morning. This is very competitive.

Also the terms are pretty strict. If i remember correctly, proof of at least 3 years of full time stable income (above cut off threshold for sponsorship) is just one of the requirements.

So you can apply but its not easy to get parental sponsorship. There is a reason CIC encourages 10 year super visas, primarily putting the burden of medicals on the applicants.

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
Thanx Fkl for a timely reply. Please help me to build a strong case.
Q1.do I need some consultant/agent or I can prepare my file byself?
Q2.what is the estimated bank statement I need to attach(I am traveling for maximum 15 days).
Q3. The invitation letter or sponsor what effect they have? Will they strengthen my case ?
Q4. Will my stay in England be counted in my travel history?
Q5. Do you k ow the visa acceptances ratio from pakistan?

Thanx in advance bro

abbas11000

Nov 26, 2014
Applied parents visa 27 may 2016
Biometrics done 30 may
Application updated 3 times with different intervals
Passport request 28 august 2016

PAKI768400

Apr 13, 2015
abbas11000 said:
Applied parents visa 27 may 2016
Biometrics done 30 may
Application updated 3 times with different intervals
Passport request 28 august 2016
Congrats bro.. Did you applied online?

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
Hi Fellow,

I applied for my father Super visa with following timeline- today he got email but we he checked no message or update in his case - what does it reflect-

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: xxxxxxxyyyyzzz @gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

Applied online : 15 July 2016
Bio metric : 19 July Isb

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
niklayteritalashme said:
Hi Fellow,

I applied for my father Super visa with following timeline- today he got email but we he checked no message or update in his case - what does it reflect-

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: xxxxxxxyyyyzzz @gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

Applied online : 15 July 2016
Bio metric : 19 July Isb
It only means some one touched your file for processing, but their action hasn't resulted in any thing for you to see. Please don't be concerned. This is normal. This is precisely what people refer to as ghost email all across the forum.

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
fkl said:
It only means some one touched your file for processing, but their action hasn't resulted in any thing for you to see. Please don't be concerned. This is normal. This is precisely what people refer to as ghost email all across the forum.

Thanks FKL for prompt response and advice - any idea how long this ghost keep haunting in my father super visa case :p Since its been 42 days after bio metric submission at VFS islamabad.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
niklayteritalashme said:
Thanks FKL for prompt response and advice - any idea how long this ghost keep haunting in my father super visa case :p Since its been 42 days after bio metric submission at VFS islamabad.
You are welcome. Unfortunately, beyond average processing time given on CIC website there are no estimates.

It might be a good idea though to keep emailing / sending case specific inquiry once a month, after average processing time has elapsed.

PAKI768400

Apr 13, 2015
somey11 said:
Got Passport request today visit visa for my parents...
Applied 20th june...its abt 71 days...
My status on application says approved and we have to pick up passport tomorrow. What is the final decision on your online application?

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
PAKI768400 said:
My status on application says approved and we have to pick up passport tomorrow. What is the final decision on your online application?
Well submitted passports today. CIC status is not changed yet....

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
somey11 said:
Well submitted passports today. CIC status is not changed yet....

It will change after 2-3 days