18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
maria_786 said:
Thankss!! but i meant where do ppl see 40 days for procesing times? if u apply online is it still 72 days?
AOA,

Online process is much faster than paper based application. Moreover, you can visit the website for details. Thanks

gulmit

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Hunza Gilgit Baltistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend has sent me an invitation to attend his wedding ceremoney and I want to know what is the requirements of visa application.??

UMMI2015

Mar 13, 2015
hi guys.. i have applied for trv visitor visa on 19th dec 2014 from karachi vac. application reached isalamabad on 22nd dec 2014.. no replys yet .. today it has been 85 days since the day i have applied from karachi.. plz share your experiences and guidance.

UMMI2015

Mar 13, 2015
i also emailed CHC islamabad on 9th march 2015.. i got the reply in 1 hour. It says:

your application is currently in processing and under review.

we thank you for your patience and keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
rubab11 said:
I want to visit my husband in Canada. they rejected bcz of lack of travel history, purpose of visit. I am a doctor and have a good full time job.
They rejected becoz of purpose of visit.
Normally They don give VISIT VISA if spouse is in canada coz they are afraid that the Applicant might SETTLE there and file an application.

Why dont u apply for sponsorship?...

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Assalam o ALikum to all

I need guidance from you who knows well about it.
My wife is expecting and she wants to apply for her mom to be in Canada for that. Could be please provide me helpful details about it. What Requirements are our end and also what needs from her mom in Pakistan to apply for Visitor visa to be with her for 3 months or so. I will be thanks for your kindly feedback from you.

Thanks
Best Regards

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
fkl said:
I am sorry, i kind of missed the part on your application being inside canada's vs their's being from home country and i am not sure what happens in this case.

When you apply together generally, response for all comes together.

E.g. when i applied from Pakistan (self work permit, SOWP, study permit and trvs for children), cic asked for further medical evaluation for one of my kids. And we didn't get any update on any of our applications until that was done. Then all were approved together. But of course we were all based in Pakistan and i had no plans of coming if my family wasn't approved. So that is a different situation.

May be its a good to ask CIC helpline. But the agent's response is not really weigh able either. However, i would want to explore the online application a bit further to see how they treat it. If i have doubts then i would apply separately.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
b4ahmad said:
FKL the Champion:

Thanks again, and I would apply separately, first for my study permit extension and then for her SOWP. I will write an explanation letter, and would share with you for your suggestions before submitting application.
FKL and senior members please help on this.'

My wife's TRV was refused along with my baby, and I applied for GCMS notes and here is the reply. I would request if you could help me on this case, so that I can re apply for her visa (this time I am going to apply Spouse Open Work Permit, as I am international student in Canada).

GCMS exact words:

" Application reviewed, search done. Married women to join hsb with infant dtr. Hsb is student. Concerns: No Previous travel History, Low funds, ties limited if family circle in Canada. Based on the information on file, I am not satisfied that PA would be a genuine visitor. I am not satisfied that PA is well established and has sufficient ties to country of origin. I am not satisfied that PA would leave Canada at end of authorized stay. Application refused."

She showed $15000 in her account, and I showed $5000, and she also attached her job letter and leave letter along with property documents. I also wrote that I will be going back home at end of my studies, but still VO is not considering our case.

Now to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit, I am thinking about:

I am visiting Pakistan soon, and I am planning to take her to middle east for few days, just to get some international stamps on her passport, will it be enough for travel history?

Show more money in my account as well, and apply online. Will you please give some hints what else can be included in application package? I am going to apply online this time. Please guide on my case.

Thanks in advance.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad said:
FKL and senior members please help on this.'

My wife's TRV was refused along with my baby, and I applied for GCMS notes and here is the reply. I would request if you could help me on this case, so that I can re apply for her visa (this time I am going to apply Spouse Open Work Permit, as I am international student in Canada).

GCMS exact words:

" Application reviewed, search done. Married women to join hsb with infant dtr. Hsb is student. Concerns: No Previous travel History, Low funds, ties limited if family circle in Canada. Based on the information on file, I am not satisfied that PA would be a genuine visitor. I am not satisfied that PA is well established and has sufficient ties to country of origin. I am not satisfied that PA would leave Canada at end of authorized stay. Application refused."

She showed $15000 in her account, and I showed $5000, and she also attached her job letter and leave letter along with property documents. I also wrote that I will be going back home at end of my studies, but still VO is not considering our case.

Now to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit, I am thinking about:

I am visiting Pakistan soon, and I am planning to take her to middle east for few days, just to get some international stamps on her passport, will it be enough for travel history?

Show more money in my account as well, and apply online. Will you please give some hints what else can be included in application package? I am going to apply online this time. Please guide on my case.

Thanks in advance.
Do all the things you mentioned above like improving travel history, adding finances et al. But i suspect the root cause was exactly what i mentioned before and is the key factor i.e. - "would be a genuine visitor".

You applied for a short visit. It consequently affects travel history, finances and every thing else.

A person who visits Canada probably should have visited other places too and probably is financially in a much better state than say a student or a worker who is moving for better career.

My spouse had never traveled any where out of Pakistan before applying. Nor did any of my friends spouses. Nor we had or even showed as much funds as you put in. Obviously being on a work permit changes things. But the concerns i am trying to relate here are same.

If you show the intent of moving to Canada with spouse for as long as he / she is there. That automatically changes several of the factors mentioned in the refusal.

So try to address this element and make it very clear you intend to move to Canada for as long as you are there with SOWP and resident trv for child.

All the best

usman.ahmad3

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Hello All,

I am intending to apply for TRV of my wife at the end of April 2015. Below is the detail of my current situation.

1. I am currently pursuing my PhD here in Nova Scotia and my 1st semester is going to end soon.
2. I did not apply for TRV of my wife when i applied for my study permit back in 2014 to avoid any bad situation regarding approval of my study permit.
3. My wife is currently doing job there in Pakistan and having experience of almost 1.5 years.
4. Regarding finance, we have a joint account of 2 million in Pakistan (bank statement of more than six months) and here in Canada i have $5000 in my own account.
5. She never went outside Pakistan so no travel history.
6. Regarding home ties, we only have the point of her job. No property on her name.

I want to apply for her TRV with option of multiple entry (intention is obvious that she will be staying with me till my stay in canada) and her TRV must be of same length as my study permit. Does she need medical? And how can I cover the issue of ties? Travel history cannot be improved.
Guidance will be appreciated.
sorry, i do not know how to start a new topic under this thread.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
usman.ahmad3 said:
Hello All,

I am intending to apply for TRV of my wife at the end of April 2015. Below is the detail of my current situation.

1. I am currently pursuing my PhD here in Nova Scotia and my 1st semester is going to end soon.
2. I did not apply for TRV of my wife when i applied for my study permit back in 2014 to avoid any bad situation regarding approval of my study permit.
3. My wife is currently doing job there in Pakistan and having experience of almost 1.5 years.
4. Regarding finance, we have a joint account of 2 million in Pakistan (bank statement of more than six months) and here in Canada i have $5000 in my own account.
5. She never went outside Pakistan so no travel history.
6. Regarding home ties, we only have the point of her job. No property on her name.

I want to apply for her TRV with option of multiple entry (intention is obvious that she will be staying with me till my stay in canada) and her TRV must be of same length as my study permit. Does she need medical? And how can I cover the issue of ties? Travel history cannot be improved.
Guidance will be appreciated.
sorry, i do not know how to start a new topic under this thread.
I would suggest that instead of applying for TRV, apply for Spouse Open Work permit. I am Masters student here in Canada, and I applied twice for my wife TRV both times refused! You can see above post for GCMS notes of my case.

FKL and other seniors can comment more on your case, but again I would say apply for Open Work Permit, they say it has more chances then TRV. Best of luck. BTW I attached following docs for my wife, without success
Bank statement of her own account of 1.5Million, with $5000 in my account. Property documents of her name, here job letter and leave letter. Invitation letter, my co-op job letter, university enrollment certificate etc.
Before applying for visa of my wife again, I am going to take her to Middle east just to get some travel history under her name, because both of times "Travel History" was objection in our refusal letter.
Keep your hopes high, and prepare documents accordingly, so that you get it at first time.
Best of luck

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi everybody,

My parents-in-law applied for super visa in Feb and my mother-in-law received medical request via email but my father-in-law hasn't received medical request yet. I wanted to ask, do the applicants get medical requests individually at different times even if the application is filed together in one package? Any insight on this would be appreciated. My MIL has already visited once but FIL has applied for Canadian visitor visa for the first time.

Thanks,
htayyab

usman.ahmad3

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for ur reply.
I had a look first on ur case. Yeah, it seems hard to get approval for TRV but openwork permit takes too much time.
travel history cannot be improved as taking leave from job is not easy.
I presume that for most of the PhD students, TRV is easy as compared to master students as our study permit length is more than a master degree student. May be this can give us an edge but expert opinion will be appreciated on this.
one of my friend (masters degree student) had the same case, her wife got refusal first time, she applied again within two weeks with an addition of nonrefundable return tickets and she got her visa approved within next two weeks. Luck matters.
but on my part, i can only improve my documentation so advice is needed on this.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
A resident trv (one that is not limited to six month of stay) and instead be approved for as long as you are there, would make her eligible for public health care in Canada among other things, is going to take the same processing time as work permit and would require medicals.

Your grounds are only genuine for work permit / resident trv. If you attempt short visit trv (faster processing time, no medicals), it is going to be refused, just like it happens for every one else.

usman.ahmad3 said:
Thanks for ur reply.
I had a look first on ur case. Yeah, it seems hard to get approval for TRV but openwork permit takes too much time.
travel history cannot be improved as taking leave from job is not easy.
I presume that for most of the PhD students, TRV is easy as compared to master students as our study permit length is more than a master degree student. May be this can give us an edge but expert opinion will be appreciated on this.
one of my friend (masters degree student) had the same case, her wife got refusal first time, she applied again within two weeks with an addition of nonrefundable return tickets and she got her visa approved within next two weeks. Luck matters.
but on my part, i can only improve my documentation so advice is needed on this.