Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Hi Sohail Chowdhury ,

I have seen otherwise at a cosultant's place who clearly showed me medical letters (2) obtained in early June 10 who submitted their full docs in Jan 10 .I guess it then varies NOCs to NOCs as you observed at a consultant's place.

Goal

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Hi All,

Only yesterday I read a bizarre letter of NOC 4131 given 60 days to reply although he obtained 6 in IELTS and 69 points out of 67. Perhaps his 5 points for relative living in Canada will be in stake as his uncle is not economically established there.But have they anywhere said that the relative is not enough ,they have to be economically established ? Or,is it one kind of stiff action adopting to sort out candidates out of millions ? Whatever may be it looks ominous to me for the NOC 4131.Friends ,don't loose heart ,but lets hope for the best and get ready for the worst .

Goal

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Hi All :

Has anybody of NOC 4131 gotten any response from VO after sending full docs in First week of Feb 2010 ? Removing NOC 4131 signifies adopting strict scrutinizing policy ahead to verify awaiting +- 4000 applicants who are not going to be the burden instead of contributing to Canadian economy.

Goal

News Release Government of Canada will welcome more economic immigrants in 2010

The data also revealed that some of the particular occupations on the original list of 38 have proven to be very popular and we’ve received far more applicants in these occupations than projected. With so much competition and interest in immigrating to Canada, people look for ways to fit their applications into the eligibility criteria in effect at the time. We must remember that the backlog also represents another source of skilled applicants who can meet a range of occupational needs. For example, the backlog already includes applications from over 3,200 college and vocational instructors, 2,300 university professors, over 4,300 civil and mechanical engineers and 2,000 financial managers. (On average, each application includes two or three dependants.)

These data clearly point to the need for stronger intake controls.

Megh

Jun 23, 2010
Hi

My application status:
CIO AOR: November 2, 2009
Buffalo AOR: December 30, 2010
In process: 24 May, 2010
Medical Request: 25 June, 2010

NOC: 2131
Category 3: International Student

Efat

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-14
AOR Received.
14-Oct-14
goal said:
hi efat , when did u apply?
Hi Goal, I have submitted all of documents to SG on 6th May. Rcvd AOR on 25th may. Ecas satus is Rvvd by Visa office. I am also worried about my relatives. Will they count my relative points or not...

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
So Efat , you have to lean back to your seat comfortably ,as I guess, for quite a while as well,for seniors submitted full docs in January & February are getting restless and irritated ,quite presumably, because of huge backlog.So nothing to do right now but spending money and time on Net !! Anyway, good luck.

Goal

S_Haque

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Whats new in that?
Ministers of Immigration in the past have addressed the very same speech over the years.
This speech contain nothing new.

Still, thanks for letting us know, jony.
Hi Seniors,
The New 29 categories are excluded IT & Financial Managers. My NOC is -0213 and I just have received my first AOR from Canada. I sent my IELTS result along with my initial application and they told me to send the same application to the Singapore Visa Office.

Pls hlp me with following issues:

1. How will they take my application (even it is excluded from the new list)?
2. Will I be given same priority like before?
3. If I quit from my present workplace (I want to undertake MBA program) will that make any effect on my application?

Pls help

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Everyone

Read the other threads regarding the changes and the views people have expressed. You will be tested your English quality from now on , no matter how much you score beyond 67.
People who applied before 26th June, 2010 will not be affected.

Yesterday had been a sad day for many of the Asians as they get bulk of the IT, Fin, Acn people from here. They all have been excluded !

S_Haque

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Everyone

Read the other threads regarding the changes and the views people have expressed. You will be tested your English quality from now on , no matter how much you score beyond 67.
People who applied before 26th June, 2010 will not be affected.

Yesterday had been a sad day for many of the Asians as they get bulk of the IT, Fin, Acn people from here. They all have been excluded !
Hi Jnathan,

Do I need to fill the family background form for me and my husband in one single form or separately ? Can you pls help? I need to send the docs to Singapore.

Regards//
S_haque

msrjony

Oct 1, 2009
CIC is limiting the number of new applications it will consider in the federal skilled worker category[/u]

Toronto, June 26, 2010 — Canada is adjusting its 2010 immigration plan to put even greater emphasis on economic recovery and further reduce the federal skilled worker, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney told a news conference today.
“When I met with my provincial colleagues last week, they all stressed the importance of economic immigration,” Minister Kenney said. “As we recover from the recession, increasing economic immigration will help ensure employers have the workers they need to supplement our domestic labour supply.”

Each year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) sets out a plan for the number of immigrants it intends to welcome within economic, family and humanitarian immigration categories. The planned range for 2010 is 240,000 – 265,000 immigrants. CIC generally achieves the midpoint of this range. In 2010, CIC anticipates achieving the upper end of this range, allowing Canada to welcome more immigrants in the economic category than originally planned. This includes federal skilled workers and record-level numbers of provincial nominees, without reducing the number in the family or humanitarian immigration categories.

Minister Kenney noted that some of his provincial colleagues expect the need will grow further in the years ahead. “This is something we will need to take into consideration when we consult more broadly on plans for future years,” he said.

Even with higher numbers of economic immigrants, Canada still receives many more applications than can be processed in a timely way. As a result, the department is limiting the number of new applications it will consider in the federal skilled worker category every year.

“Canada will continue to welcome historically high numbers of immigrants, but we need to manage the number of new applications or risk creating new backlogs and longer processing times,” Minister Kenney said. “We have more than enough applications on hand now to fill many of our needs, and we want to be fair to those people who have been waiting the longest.”
Effective immediately, to be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker, applicants must either have a job offer, or they must have experience in one of 29 in-demand occupations. These occupations were identified through analysis of updated labour market information and consultations with provinces, territories, stakeholders and the public.

For those applying under the occupation list, the government will limit the number of applications considered for processing to 20,000 per year as a way to better manage the supply of applications with labour market demand. Within the 20,000 limit, a maximum of 1,000 applications per occupation will be considered. The limit does not apply to applicants with a job offer.

In addition, all federal skilled worker and Canadian Experience Class applicants must submit the results of an independent language test before they will be considered.

Other than the language test result requirement, these changes apply only to the federal skilled worker immigration category. The authority for the changes, known as ministerial instructions, comes from amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Actapproved by Parliament in 2008 as part of the Action Plan for Faster Immigration.

The instructions are meant as a flexible tool to allow the government to keep the intake of applications for economic immigration in line with the number and types of jobs available in Canada, as well as reduce application backlogs and processing times.

Since the first instructions were issued in November 2008, the backlog of federal skilled worker applicants in process prior to the legislation has dropped from 640,000 to 380,000. The majority of decisions on new applications are being made in six to 12 months, compared with up to six years prior to the changes. But in the first quarter of 2010, the number of new applications rose significantly beyond the department’s ability to process them in a timely way, leading to the recognition that a more refined approach is necessary.

“These changes bring Canada in line with the practices of the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, our main competitors for skilled immigrants,” said Minister Kenney. “They help match the supply of applicants to our processing capacity and today’s post-recession job market needs. This is the only responsible way to manage our immigration system.”

The Government is also proposing new eligibility criteria for the immigrant investor program so it makes an even greater contribution to the Canadian economy. Proposed regulatory changes will require new investors to have a personal net worth of $1.6M, up from $800,000, and make an investment of $800,000, up from $400,000. These proposals were pre-published today in the Canada Gazette for a 30-day public comment period.

Canada’s current criteria for investors are the lowest in the world, and have not been changed since 1999. As a result the program draws a larger number of applicants than can be admitted every year under the immigration plan, and processing times are increasing.
Until the changes are finalized, the Government will stop accepting new investor applications to prevent a flood of applications before the new criteria take effect, which would stretch processing times even further. When the new criteria are in place, new applications will be processed alongside the old ones. In this way, Canada can begin to realize the benefits of the changes immediately.

“Canada needs investor immigrants,” said Minister Kenney. “These changes are necessary to keep Canada’s program competitive with that of other countries, and keep pace with the changing economy.”

Canada Makes Changes to The List of The High Demands List and Limits Drastically the Number of Applicantions That Can Be processed in a Clander Year.

Today CIC made new changes to the High Demand Occupations list by making it shorter and placing caps on the number of applications that can be processed in a year.

Only applicants with occupations on the High Demand list are eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled worker.The Federal Skilled Worker is the most popular cartegory and most people apply becasue they think it is the easiest and most cost effective way to immigrate to Canada.

FSW applications received after June 26, 2010 will be dealt with according to the new list, other categories will not be effected.

Another major and suprising change is CIC placed a cap on the number of application that will be considered for processing, this cap is 20,000 application only or a 1000 per occupation. Canada is adjusting its 2010 immigration plan to put even greater emphasis on economic recovery and further reduce the federal skilled worker backlog.

The Government is also proposing new eligibility criteria for the immigrant investor program so it makes an even greater contribution to the Canadian economy. Proposed regulatory changes will require new investors to have a personal net worth of $1.6M, up from $800,000, and make an investment of $800,000, up from $400,000.

So, Canada is now playing along with other countries such as Newzealand, Australia and the UK , matching, supply of applicatants, processing capacity and today's labour market numbers, with overalll economic recovery of Canada from recession.

Canadian Immigration Policy now seems to shift toward immigrants who can create their own jobs/ businesses, or invest at least 800 K or be able to finance that amount with 240k, in goverment bonds.

CIC Minister noted that some of his provincial colleagues expect the need for skiilled immigrants will grow further in the years ahead. “This is something we will need to take into consideration when we consult more broadly on plans for future years,” he said.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
in the wake of recovering from Recession, they are welcoming more Architects to build homes- how is building home related to recovering economy, more nurses to serve the ailing people- from where all these ailing people coming from? , Crane operators-welders- how come a country recovering from recession needs so much of these people ?

There are many other professionals in the new list, from which they cant expect more than 100 applications from the whole world. India and Asia is Down !

S_Haque

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
in the wake of recovering from Recession, they are welcoming more Architects to build homes- how is building home related to recovering economy, more nurses to serve the ailing people- from where all these ailing people coming from? , Crane operators-welders- how come a country recovering from recession needs so much of these people ?

There are many other professionals in the new list, from which they cant expect more than 100 applications from the whole world. India and Asia is Down !

Hi Jnathan,

Do I need to fill the family background form for me and my husband in one single form or separately ? Can you pls help? I need to send the docs to Singapore.

Regards//
S_haque

ready2go

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
seniors pls suggest

I just got medical and passport request.....pls guide me
1)with whom in dhaka can i get my medicals done who is cooperative and how much it cost....
2)the letter say to take a negative of the photo aswell....havent heard of it before..pls help
3)which courier serivce accepts passport to send to singapore...i heard dhl and fedex dont?
pls suggest....thanks

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Did they verify ur work experience? r u from BD?