+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
Ensuring immigrants' success - and that of Canada - is the purpose of reforms

Vancouver Sun April 19, 2012

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney is to be commended for embarking upon a long-overdue reform of Canada's immigration policies. For decades, Canada has opened its doors to all comers whether or not they had the credentials, qualifications, skills or language proficiency that would enable them to succeed in their new home. For too long, immigration was seen primarily as a humanitarian obligation with-out regard for its social and economic consequences, ignoring Canada's own national interest.

The result has been the apocryphal cab driver with a PhD. Studies have shown immigrants earn just 72 per cent of the average Canadian income, with many falling below Statistics Canada's low-income cut-off. These below-average incomes mean the unemployed or underemployed immigrants pay less tax than other Canadians but are still eligible for all the welfare benefits Canada offers. Everyone is cheated under this system.

None of this is the fault of the immigrants who are seeking a better life for themselves and their children and who often feel they've been sold a bill of goods after they arrive.

They find their degrees are diminished, their professional accreditations are not recognized, that "Canadian work experience" is required and that English or French is mandatory in the workplace.

Kenney plans to revamp this bro-ken regime to give immigrants more opportunity to achieve personal success while increasing their contribution to Canada.

Part of his plan would shift the responsibility of assessing education, skills and credentials of newcomers from government bureaucrats to the companies that hire them and the professional associations that licence them.

Furthermore, applicants would be pre-assessed - meaning they would know whether they would be able to work in their chosen trade or profession before they get here.

Kenney is also taking aim at the immigrant investor program to attract more millionaires who want to take up residence in Canada and generate greater economic benefit from those who come through the program.

As it stands, an immigrant investor needs only to show net worth of $1.6 million and put up $800,000 in the form of an interest-free loan to the federal government for five years, much of which is usually financed by the applicant, in order to be granted immediate permanent residence.

Other countries demand $1 mil-lion or more for temporary residence, leading to permanent status once certain conditions are met.

"We think that program has been massively underselling Canada," Kenney told The Vancouver Sun editorial board last week.

There's no shortage of the restless rich.

Surveys indicate that 61 per cent of China's millionaires want to leave and 39 per cent of those want to come to Canada.

Indeed, Canada is in high demand with a backlog of 23,000 applications under the program, a figure Kenney says that suggests Canada could be charging much more.

The reform process will start with consultations with the provinces, the immigration "industry" and the public, followed by legislation to give the government more flexibility to create, revise or cancel programs based on those consultations, on market conditions and on proven effectiveness.

Canada is in a worldwide competition for immigrants with either wealth or education and skills to off-set the deleterious effects of an aging population.

Other countries have a head start in this race. In Australia, skilled immigrants can take up residency and get to work in a matter of months; in Canada, it can take seven years.

In some of Canada's important industry sectors, including oil and gas extraction, the labour shortage is already a crisis.

Canada can expand training and apprenticeship programs, engage first nations and encourage skilled trades as a career choice to deal with it. But that won't be enough. A properly man-aged immigration regime will be an important part of the solution.

Kenney's proposals do not affect Canada's commitment to refugees. The number of government and privately sponsored refugees (under the Balanced Refugee Reform Act) will rise to 15,800 this year, up from 14,000 in 2011, and will reach 16,400 in 2013, according to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Canada has settled more than 800,000 refugees since the Second World War.

Kenney's proposals are pro-immigration and promise to be a win-win for newcomers as well as fellow citizens in their adopted country.
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Ensuring+immigrants+success+that+Canada+purpose+reforms/6483576/story.html#ixzz1shiWQVuU

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
I have calculated my points 69. As like

1. Education ( Master's with 17 years) - 25
2. Working experience - More than 4 years -21
3. Age -10
4. IELTS --------------------------------- 09
5. Spouse -------------------------------- 04
Total points 69.
Is it sufficient for new rules? I am am applicant of MI-02, last one year ecase shows RBVO. Waiting, waiting............

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
kochi said:
I have calculated my points 69. As like

1. Education ( Master's with 17 years) - 25
2. Working experience - More than 4 years -21
3. Age -10
4. IELTS --------------------------------- 09
5. Spouse -------------------------------- 04
Total points 69.
Is it sufficient for new rules? I am am applicant of MI-02, last one year ecase shows RBVO. Waiting, waiting............
hi,
regarding your IELTS score, did u get any basic score in any module? if yes, then it could be a problem.

shbd1972

Sep 21, 2011
i applied in 3rd of dec 2010. got in process by 29th of may and MR by following 2 weeks. Medical done by 9th of july 2011. But that time my wife was pregnant. My daughter was born in 20th of October. Sent my daughters paper by 1st of Noverber. (The fastest I could) . They send my daughters MR by 29th of Dec. PPR by email by 27th of March. Dropped passports by 3rd of April. Decision Made by 21st of April. Hope to land by mid of JUNE. ( Inshallah) --------------- a journey of 15 months in total!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
shbd1972 said:
i applied in 3rd of dec 2010. got in process by 29th of may and MR by following 2 weeks. Medical done by 9th of july 2011. But that time my wife was pregnant. My daughter was born in 20th of October. Sent my daughters paper by 1st of Noverber. (The fastest I could) . They send my daughters MR by 29th of Dec. PPR by email by 27th of March. Dropped passports by 3rd of April. Decision Made by 21st of April. Hope to land by mid of JUNE. ( Inshallah) --------------- a journey of 15 months in total!
congrats shbd1972...welcome to canada...by the way, keep in mind that if your NOC is a regulated occupation then u might not get a job in your line initially until u get your licence/ registration. prepare yourself to do any kind of surviving job because it's worth living in CANADA. :)

Mun

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
congrats shbd1972...welcome to canada...by the way, keep in mind that if your NOC is a regulated occupation then u might not get a job in your line initially until u get your licence/ registration. prepare yourself to do any kind of surviving job because it's worth living in CANADA. :)
Dear Dr. Hasib,
How do u know shbd's NOC?
Its quite surprising to me. may u explain the issue?
And Shabd, congratulations! & obviously hope for the best.

Regards
Mun

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Mun said:
Dear Dr. Hasib,
How do u know shbd's NOC?
Its quite surprising to me. may u explain the issue?
And Shabd, congratulations! & obviously hope for the best.

Regards
Mun
He wrote: if your NOC is a regulated occupation then u might not get a job in your line initially............................. ;)

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
hi,
regarding your IELTS score, did u get any basic score in any module? if yes, then it could be a problem.
Thanks for your reply. What can I do now? Have you any suggestion? But CIO-S has completed my eligibility. If not match with them why not they inform that time. I think it will be fully unfair.

nusrathq

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
0125/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! its SO good to see a thread for Bangladeshi applicants! thanks so much for initiating it :)

I am very new in here and would appreciate any kind of help. I will be applying for Quebec this upcoming week...been gathering all my docs for months now. :( I am not taking the help of any lawyer and hence very confused whether im doing it right or not. I am not going for Federal application, since I think i dont get full passing points in there :(

My details are as follows:

(1) EDUCATION+TRAINING:
Completed BBA Points - 10 + 6 = 16
Currently studying MBA - dont think it adds any value currently

(2) EXPERIENCE:
Working in HSBC as Service Quality Manager (worked as Service Quality Officer till March 2012, i guess its NOC - 1122) for 2 years and 4 months now. Points - 6
Do I have to mention the NOC code anywhere in the CSQ application?

(3) AGE:
24 Points - 16

(4) Marital Staus:
Single

(5) LANGUAGE:
IELTS score - Listening - 8, Speaking - 7 (Overall score - 8 ) Points - 6??
DELF A1 - Production Oral - 17.5, Comprehension Oral - 16.5. Currently enrolled in AF for DELF A2. Points - 2? i will give DELF A2 in Sep, so does that give me any points?

(6) Financial Self Sufficiency:
Sufficient. Point - 1

So this is where I stand. I have a cousin over there, but dont think that counts. I am thinking of writing a cover letter as well explaining my efforts to go to Quebec and other factors that might count. I need to mail all the docs directly to HK office right? Or does the Canada VFS in Bangladesh accept these applications as well?

Any other words of advice that I shud take into account before applying? Ohh & am I eligible to apply for the Federal as well? I so want to go to Canada. :(

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Dr.Hasib said:
I got my 1st letter on march 11...file was transfered to SGVO on April 11....from then my status was RBVO...& got no updates....my NOC is 2151....as ahbd1972 mentioned u as a 'BABA'... ;D.......can u tell me the reason of this kind of delay???

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
kochi said:
Thanks for your reply. What can I do now? Have you any suggestion? But CIO-S has completed my eligibility. If not match with them why not they inform that time. I think it will be fully unfair.
Hi Kochi,

What's your NOC? If your NOC has a direct interaction with the community, the visa office might ask you to update your IELTS or even can reject (God forgives). You should sit for the ILETS again and send improved result, if any.

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
deba_avik said:
Hi Kochi,

What's your NOC? If your NOC has a direct interaction with the community, the visa office might ask you to update your IELTS or even can reject (God forgives). You should sit for the ILETS again and send improved result, if any.
Hi Deba Dha

My NOC is 4152- Social Worker. If I have sufficient point how can VO reject my application? Will it be logical? Allah knows better. Waiting for new rules. Canada govt is playing game with us. If VO reject my file don't back money that means lose every things. Really sad. Why has CIO selection to me for further processing to VO??????

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
kochi said:
Hi Deba Dha

My NOC is 4152- Social Worker. If I have sufficient point how can VO reject my application? Will it be logical? Allah knows better. Waiting for new rules. Canada govt is playing game with us. If VO reject my file don't back money that means lose every things. Really sad. Why has CIO selection to me for further processing to VO??????
Your question is logical, however, Hasib bhai knew 2/3 applicants facing such issues and thus making you be cautious. What stage you are in today? If the background check is going, still you have a chance to update your score. Will you mind sharing your each module score in IELTS? You can also PM me or Hasib bhai. May God help you.

aneeka26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zafrulbd said:
If show FDR then no need statement but need bank certificate also FDR copy.
Do i need to send d FDR copy along wid the bank certificate wen i'll be sending the whole application package? or do i need to submit the FDR copy wen vo will ask for it?

Regards,
Aneeka