Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear Shampa apa,

Many thanks for your superb writing. Wish you best of luck in Calgary.

Regards,
Fuad

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
rick_dhaka said:
Hi All
Well this is it....I have collected my pp today ....a doorway to another world imprinted on paper. Alhamdulillah! All the times I dreamed about this day ...thought I would go crazy when ill get them in my hand ...guess what I didn't do anything crazy (saving it for CA) but felling relieved...wishing from the bottom of my heart that all the members can feel the same soonest.

Thanks to all for keeping me in your prayers...without that it wouldn't be possible.

Keep sharing. :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

ThX & Regards
Rick
amio tai vabsilam, asen agey, tar paiben :) :)

ps. congratz

msd009

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full document
Med's Request
Received on 14th February 2013 dated on 29th January 2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23 February 2013 RPRF and other document sent on 04 March 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Received on 01st April Sent on 03rd April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April received on 05th May 2013
LANDED..........
Mid of August 2013 Insaallah
rick_dhaka said:
Thanks all for your wishes..!! Next plan is to join the CIIP session on 21st May. Anyone else is joining from this forum?

Regards
Rick
I will join there.

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
bhaijanera shokol,

toronto te monthly khoroch jante cheye oneke Inbox korechen deklam, tader jonno:

1. House Rent: CAD 400 (one room, shared kitchen and washroom with 2/3 others. Suitable for single person)
CAD 800-950 (1 senior bedroom+big dining and living space+wash room+kitchen+balcony. Suitable for parents with 2 kids)
2. Conveyance: CAD 128 Metro Pass, per month per adult.
CAD 3 for one ride (Subway+Bus+Street Car/Trum).
CAD 2.65 (If you buy 10/20 ride at a time)
3. Cell Phone: CAD 30-45 monthly package per person (Includes Unlimited Province Wide Calling+Unlimited Incoming+Unlimited Intl. and Local SMS+ Unlimited Data Usage)

4. Calling Card: CAD 20-25 (Depending on how much you miss your country and family :) :) :) )

5. Food: CAD 200-250 for 4 member family. (Depending on food habit)

In canada same product has different price tag in different grocery stores. For the same product, same brand with same quality price may vary 6/7 times. Here are some popular names (Starting with the cheapest): Freshco-->No Frills-->Food Basics-->Walmart-->Sobeys-->Metro-->Sears-->Target-->Loblaws etc. For example few days ago i bought a cheese spread from Sobeys @ 4.99 but same product is 2.29 @ Freshco

Er baire victoria park e asle bangalee singara, puri, alur chop, piaju paben (Jai khan dam 77 taka each piece, well, i mean 1 dollar :) :))

Ok bros and sis, hope this will give you some idea.

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
dhaka121 said:
Keu ki bolte paren IOM er theke neya ticket er flight date kivabe change korbo? (emergency ariges)
Emirates er HO er sathe jogajog koray tara bollo IOM er sathe jogajog korte but Mr. Jahangir to call dhorsena... Plz suggest / share your experiences........
koy bar try korsen? 100 bar hoise? nischoi dhorbe, call kore jan :) :) :)

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
MS127 said:
Dear forum members,

I am sharing my experience of past two weeks after leaving homeland. :)

We left Dhaka by Qatar airways at 7:30 pm, 19th April, 2013. We had four luggages with us, one of which was overweight, we were prepared to pay 65 dollars: almost 6,000 taka, but somehow, they said-its your first time-so we'll not charge you!! our cabin bags were also a little overweight, but they didnt even bother.., but that was a mistake, I realized later. ::) I'll never ever carry such handbags for such long journey, it's really painful.

Anyway, we neednot to pay QA, but to bribe Bangladesh immigration- when they found, we had more than 5000 BDT with us. cha pani khaoar jonno 1000 taka dite hoilo r ki...,when they got that, didnt even touch our handbags, "take whatever you want to take".

Dhaka to Doha was more than 6 hrs long journey. QA service was impressive; foods were good, seats also comfortable. after arriving doha, we went to the transfer section by bus, it took almost 15 minutes. Temperature was almost same to Dhaka.We waited there for 3 hrs. then we realized why heavy hand luggage is a pain!!! Doha has great duty free shops......
Doha to London was 7 & half hrs journey, QA was good. Everything was fine. That was the longest night of my life- started from Dhaka 7:30 pm and ended to London at 7:05 am covering almost 18 hrs!!! ???

London airport was superb. We landed at terminal 4 then we took a bus for terminal 3, which took almost 10 minutes. Their checking is pretty hazardous. You have to remove your outer jackets, belts, watch, shoes, mobiles, laptops, liquids.............anyways, I think the checking was normal, as we are not used to with this type of checking, it seems weird to us..........

Those who wanted to know about the transit visa:
There are two airports in London. If you need to change the airport or transit time is more than 24/48 hrs in London( I m not sure of the time), you have to take visa. But if you don't need to pass the immigration in London with your luggage, you don't need a visa for only terminal change. So, when you board first, make sure with your airlines that, you'll receive your luggages upon reaching your final destination.

In London also, we were waived from the extra baggage charge. They generally charge 75 CAD for the 2nd bag( only one 23 kg is allowed).
London duty free was awesome. I don't know how I managed to not shop there (except chocolates) !!! ;D We didn't face any problem passing 8 hours there except the heavy hand baggage.

London to Calgary was almost 9 hours. It was a painful time due to the seats, they are rigid, don't move more than 2 inches. You cant open the windows, the white outside will burn your eyes. It seems like washing powder add- shada shada r o shada!!!!! It was the longest day as well, 24 hours day time. evening is at 10 pm here!!! Roza rakhte khobor hoye jabe eibar - 17-18 hours. :-X
Calgary airport experience was also good, there was a long line for immigration, but the officers were very fast in their works. We have to wait 45 minutes in the line, but get our papers done in only 3 minutes. He asked some basic questions, like- who is PA, do you have any children in Bangladesh, do you have any criminal offence, is you're your first time in Canada etc. Then he completed the paperworks and said- “Welcome!! You are PR now!! You'll get your cards by post.” We didn't need to declare carried money amount, jewellery, which goods are we carrying or what goods are following. He asked nothing else. Then we went to the baggage claim, took our bags and stepped outside.....
Calgary welcomed us with snow. Temperature here is 0-2 celcius. Inside home its very comfortable. My uncle and aunt received us in the airport; their home is 20 minutes drive from airport. Next day was Sunday. So, we had a great family time inspite of jet lag problem.
Next day, we went to service Canada office for SIN no. and Registry office for health card. It was pretty smooth, everybody was helpful. Then we opened bank accounts, may be it was facilitated by my uncle, because, they don't even talk to you without appointment.
But, we faced great problems regarding phone and sim card. 95% of our phones don't work here. They have monopoly business regarding the phones, you have to buy their company's phone to get their SIM/plan generally. Both of our old phones(Sony Xperia, Nokia) don't work here. So, we have to buy a new one, for which we need to buy the sim on my uncles name, as we don't have any credit history here. :mad: are baba, credit earn korte na dile history build up hobe kemne?? ajib..........

Housing is in great demand here, as so many people moves in summer, we are now searching a place for us, though my aunt is pretty disturbed with that!!! she wants to keep us in her house for months. I know, we can live here as long as we want, but.............

Weather is continuously fluctuating, but we are enjoying here. Every thing is available here and in almost similar prices. No need to carry whole "shongshar" from BD. The first thing we taught ourselves -to forget comparing taka and dollars. :p
We have already received our SIN card and Health card, Bank card. From next Monday, we are attending a govt. funded training, which I think will help to get job in related field and we also have to study and pass exams to get license to practice pharmacy here. and its a long procedure.

So, everybody, Keep us in your prayers.

Shampa
Hi there, my Nokia phone (i brought it from Dhaka) works quite good here in toronto, i've used it with Rogers, Wind and Mobilocity sim. And here in toronto they don't ask for credit history to buy sim. But it's good to know that you can have health card just after landing (here i have to wait 3 months)

Newborn

Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
IP CHANGE TO "We started processing your application on March 12, 2012"
AOR Received.
22-12-2011
Med's Request
MR issued on Nov.19, Received on Nov. 29.
Med's Done....
Dec. 11th 2012: Other Files sent off on Dec.19th 2012. "Medical Result Received" appear on Ecas --Feb. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 27th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Issued April 16, 2013, and Sent out by SGVO April 29th by registered mail. Passport received on May 10, 2013.
LANDED..........
July 2013
rick_dhaka said:
Hi All
Well this is it....I have collected my pp today ....a doorway to another world imprinted on paper. Alhamdulillah! All the times I dreamed about this day ...thought I would go crazy when ill get them in my hand ...guess what I didn't do anything crazy (saving it for CA) but felling relieved...wishing from the bottom of my heart that all the members can feel the same soonest.

Thanks to all for keeping me in your prayers...without that it wouldn't be possible.

Keep sharing. :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

ThX & Regards
Rick
Hi Rick_dhaka,

What is the length of time that you are allowed to remain in Dhaka before landed in Canada?

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
Excellent post PQR :)
PQR said:
bhaijanera shokol,

toronto te monthly khoroch jante cheye oneke Inbox korechen deklam, tader jonno:

1. House Rent: CAD 400 (one room, shared kitchen and washroom with 2/3 others. Suitable for single person)
CAD 800-950 (1 senior bedroom+big dining and living space+wash room+kitchen+balcony. Suitable for parents with 2 kids)
3. Cell Phone: CAD 30-45 monthly package per person (Includes Unlimited Province Wide Calling+Unlimited Incoming+Unlimited Intl. and Local SMS+ Unlimited Data Usage)

4. Calling Card: CAD 20-25 (Depending on how much you miss your country and family :) :) :) )

In canada same product has different price tag in different grocery stores. For the same product, same brand with same quality price may vary 6/7 times. Here are some popular names (Starting with the cheapest): Freshco-->No Frills-->Food Basics-->Walmart-->Sobeys-->Metro-->Sears-->Target-->Loblaws etc. For example few days ago i bought a cheese spread from Sobeys @ 4.99 but same product is 2.29 @ Freshco

Er baire victoria park e asle bangalee singara, puri, alur chop, piaju paben (Jai khan dam 77 taka each piece, well, i mean 1 dollar :) :))

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
one of my junior dentist today got in process status ,and an email----of fraudulent employment reference ,they gave him 1month for proving his job authenticity.

msd009

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full document
Med's Request
Received on 14th February 2013 dated on 29th January 2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23 February 2013 RPRF and other document sent on 04 March 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Received on 01st April Sent on 03rd April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April received on 05th May 2013
LANDED..........
Mid of August 2013 Insaallah
PQR said:
bhaijanera shokol,

Hi,

Nice post brother. At least we will not miss singara, puri, somucha. ;D ;D

Rgds/msd009

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear PQR,

Excellent post. Thank you for sharing the information. Wish you best of luck in Canada.

Regards,
Fuad

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
rick_dhaka said:
Thanks all for your wishes..!! Next plan is to join the CIIP session on 21st May. Anyone else is joining from this forum?

Regards
Rick
Me & my wife. See you there.

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
PQR said:
bhaijanera shokol,

Thanks Bakhtiar vai. It's been very helpful. By the way I gave a post regarding Credential Assessment, but no one gave any reply! I think it is necessary for all of us.